Health Tip: Foods That Cause Gas
- Some of the yummiest foods tend to produce gas as they make their way through the digestive tract.
Here are some potential offenders, courtesy of the National Digestive Diseases Clearinghouse:
- Several types of sugars, such as those found in milk, cheese, ice cream and other dairy products, fruits, some vegetables, and sodas.
- Starchy foods, such as pasta, potatoes, corn and wheat.
- Fiber-rich foods, including whole grains, fruits, beans and peas.
- Cabbage, broccoli, onions, artichokes and asparagus.
- Some processed foods -- especially those that contain lactose -- such as bread, salad dressings and cereals.
Posted: November 2007