Health Tip: Feel Better by Looking Good
-- If you have a long-term illness, improving your appearance can help you feel better, the American Cancer Society says.
The ACS offers the following suggestions for improving the way you look (and feel):
- Take time to shave, wash and fix your hair or put on a wig or toupee, and put on makeup. Do this if you're at home, even in bed.
- Get new clothes or tailor your old ones to fit better.
- If you're able and it's OK with your doctor, treat yourself to a massage, facial, pedicure or manicure.
- Try to get as much exercise as you can each day. Even a brisk walk, if approved by your doctor, can do wonders toward making you look and feel better.
- Keep brushing and flossing your teeth regularly, and get dental checkups.
- Be sure to get enough sleep.
Posted: January 2009
Recommended for you