Health Tip: Exercising If You Have Rosacea
-- Exercise is an important way to keep your mind and body healthy. But for people with rosacea -- a skin condition typically characterized by a redness of the cheeks, nose, chin or forehead -- exercise could cause the condition to flare.
The National Rosacea Society offers these suggestions for the best ways to exercise while avoiding a flare-up:
- Try low-intensity exercises that keep your body temperature lower and reduce the flush on your face.
- Perform several shorter workouts during the day, instead of one long workout.
- Take advantage of cooler times of day to exercise. Especially during the warm summer months, exercise early in the morning or in the evening, when it isn't so hot.
- Exercise with a fan or air conditioning on, or the window open.
- Exercise with a cold cloth or towel around your neck, spray your face with cool water, or suck on ice chips.
Posted: December 2008