Health Tip: Exercise Can Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
-- Exercise is a great remedy for joint pain and stiffness caused by rheumatoid arthritis.
The University of Maryland Medical Center lists these guidelines for exercising with rheumatoid arthritis:
- Begin with easy exercises, such as gentle stretching and tensing muscles without adding movement.
- Try light strength training exercises when your body feels ready.
- Add low-impact aerobic exercises to your routine, such as dancing, walking and swimming.
- Try tai chi, as it can promote relaxation and improve joint flexibility.
- Don't do any exercises that cause pain.
Posted: April 2011