Health Tip: Enjoy a Safe Manicure and Pedicure
-- If you want to treat yourself to manicure and pedicure, taking a few precautions can help keep nails healthy and prevent infection.
The American Dermatology Association offers these manicure/pedicure safety tips:
- Make sure the salon is licensed and clean.
- Never have cuticles cut or pushed back with force.
- Don't shave your legs before a pedicure.
- Don't cover up nail problems with artificial nails.
- Apply a rich moisturizing cream to the nails, particularly after removing nail polish.
Posted: May 2014
Recommended for you