Health Tip: Don't Think of Exercise as a Chore
-- If you think of exercise as a chore that you have to do, it can be more difficult to stick with it.
The Weight-Control Information Network offers these suggestions for making exercise fun:
- Figure out which fitness activities you enjoy most, and incorporate them into your exercise routine. Try to vary the routine so you don't become bored.
- Walk with a friend or family member, or sign up together for an exercise class.
- Build a community or backyard garden, and work in it regularly.
- Exercise in short spurts, such as three 10-minute walks.
- If you are concerned about exercising outdoors for safety reasons, join a local gym.
Posted: January 2014