Health Tip: Don't Abuse Alcohol
-- An occasional glass of beer or wine may help you relax, but excessive alcohol consumption is dangerous.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says drinking too much increases the risk of:
- Accident and injury, including car accidents, drowning and falling.
- Miscarriage and stillbirth.
- Physical and mental birth defects for your baby.
- Alcohol poisoning.
- Neurologic problems and dementia.
- Cardiovascular issues, including heart attack and high blood pressure.
- Anxiety and depression.
- Liver disease.
- Gastrointestinal tract problems.
Posted: July 2009
Recommended for you