Health Tip: Develop Good Sleep Habits
-- To get a good night's sleep, it's important to develop healthy sleep habits and stick to them each night.
The National Sleep Foundation recommends these healthy sleep habits to help you wake up rested each morning:
- Establish a regular bedtime and wake-time schedule and follow it every day, even on weekends.
- Create a consistent and relaxing bedtime routine, and make sure your bedroom is comfortable, dark and quiet.
- Invest in a comfortable mattress and pillows, and only sleep and have sex in your bedroom -- nothing else.
- Don't eat within two to three hours of bedtime, and avoid caffeine, alcohol and tobacco before going to sleep.
- Exercise regularly, but try to schedule your workout well before bedtime.
Posted: February 2013