Health Tip: Depression in Children
- Children are by no means immune from the emotions and stressful times that can contribute to depression.
Here's a list of possible warning signs of depression in children, courtesy of the American Academy of Family Physicians:
- Loss of appetite, or weight loss.
- Loss of desire, among young children, for playtime.
- Lack of confidence or self-esteem.
- General disinterest in themselves, family members or once-favored activities.
- Not wanting to go to school.
- Significant changes in sleeping or eating habits.
- Frequent or prolonged physical symptoms, including stomachache or headache.
- Frequent bouts of anger and losing temper.
Posted: February 2008
Recommended for you