Health Tip: Counting Baby's Kicks
- Since movement in the uterus is a sign of fetal health, pregnant women should monitor the baby's kicking and activity.
The American Pregnancy Association offers these suggestions:
- You can start counting kicks at about 28 weeks, and monitor throughout the rest of your pregnancy.
- Count how long and how often your baby kicks.
- If you notice a decrease in baby's activity, it's important to let your doctor know at once.
- On average, babies will move about 10 times in a two-hour period. Movements may include kicking, rolling, turning and twisting.
Posted: February 2008