Health Tip: Cleaning Baby Bottles
-- Sterilizing baby bottles between feedings can help kill germs lurking inside.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests cleaning baby bottles by:
- Filling a clean sink with hot, soapy water.
- Putting all bottles -- including nipples, rings and caps -- into the soapy water.
- Clean the inside of each bottle using a brush, then rinse away soapy water with fresh water.
- Use a nipple brush to clean nipples, making sure to squirt soapy water through the nipple.
- Rinse all bottle parts under clean running water.
- Use sanitized tongs to touch sanitized bottles and parts. Allow them to dry in a dish drainer.
Posted: December 2013