Health Tip: Choosing the Right Toothbrush
-- Using the right toothbrush can help you care for your teeth and gums. But it's also important to make sure it's properly cleaned.
The Mouthhealthy.org website offers these suggestions:
- Both electric and manual toothbrushes can clean teeth well, so choose what is easiest for you.
- Make sure the toothbrush's shape and size fit comfortably in your mouth.
- After brushing, rinse your toothbrush thoroughly under running water to wash away debris.
- Place the toothbrush in an upright position and allow it to air dry. Don't put it inside a container or cover it.
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months, or sooner if bristles appear frayed.
Posted: May 2014
Recommended for you