Health Tip: Take a Childbirth Class
-- Pregnant women and their partners may be fully stocked with diapers and baby food, but there's much more to preparing for childbirth.
The Nemours Foundation says by taking a childbirth class, soon-to-be parents can learn:
- How the baby develops during pregnancy.
- Potential signs that there may be a problem.
- Suggestions for staying more comfortable during pregnancy, labor and delivery.
- Relaxation and breathing techniques to use during labor and delivery.
- Creating a birth plan.
- Signs that labor has begun.
- What labor and birth involve, and how the partner can help.
Posted: May 2010