Health Tip: Chapped Hands
- Dry, chapped hands can be painful and irritating. But, with proper care, you can get your hands in shape and keep them from drying out again.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers these suggestions:
- To both treat and prevent chapped hands, try to keep them out of water. Use gloves when you do dishes.
- Keep hands moisturized with rich lotions, creams or ointments.
- Don't wash hands with very hot water or harsh soaps or cleansers.
- See a dermatologist if you continue to have trouble with chapped hands.
Posted: January 2008