Health Tip: Caring for Acne-Prone Skin
-- Skin that's prone to acne needs special care to help keep it smooth and clear.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions:
- Wash your face with a cleanser designed for people with acne.
- Look for cleansers that include salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.
- Wash your face gently, avoiding pressure that may aggravate acne.
- Never pick at acne or scrub skin vigorously.
- Use a light, non-comedogenic moisturizer.
- Choose an oil-free foundation if you wear makeup.
Posted: May 2014