Health Tip: How a Caregiver Can Help
-- If a loved one has become ill and needs your help, you may be overwhelmed by the responsibilities that now become yours.
The University of Maine Cooperative Extension offers this list of common tasks that caregivers can help with:
- Personal care activities including bathing and getting dressed.
- House cleaning and laundry.
- Cooking and preparing meals.
- Taking care of financial responsibilities.
- Scheduling and transporting the person to medical appointments.
- Taking care of grocery shopping and errands.
- Administering medications, shots or other treatments.
- Changing tubes or dressings.
- Keeping other loved ones updated on the patient's condition.
Posted: May 2009