Health Tip: Take Care of Your Feet
- Proper foot care can help keep feet healthy and pain free.
Here are some suggestions, courtesy of the University of Michigan Health System:
- Inspect feet regularly for cuts, blisters, calluses, sores or redness.
- Keep feet clean and nails well-trimmed, and change socks frequently.
- To prevent sweaty feet, sprinkle them with powder.
- Wear properly fitting, comfortable shoes.
- Wear shoes or sandals when in damp, warm area, such as in a locker room or near a pool.
- Alternate shoes you wear each day to give them a chance to air out.
- Don't use someone else's towels to wipe or dry your feet.
- Use cotton socks while exercising or playing sports.
Posted: April 2008