Health Tip: Symptoms of Bone Spurs
-- Bone spurs are bone growths that build up over time and tend to affect people as they age. While bone spurs are not painful, they can cause pain by impacting areas around them -- including surrounding nerves.
Here are some common symptoms of bone spurs, courtesy of the Cedars-Sinai Health System:
- "Pins and needles" sensation in the hands or feet.
- Dull pain in the neck or lower back while standing or walking.
- Lack of coordination in a part of the body.
- Muscle weakness, spasms or cramps.
- Pain that radiates through the thighs, buttocks or shoulders.
Posted: August 2007