Health Tip: Avoid the Winter Blues
-- You may develop a case of the winter blues as the weather gets colder and the days become shorter.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers this advice to help battle the winter blues:
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids, especially water.
- Hone in on a hobby, such as making your own crafts or reading more.
- Take up a new winter sport, such as skiing or ice skating.
- Cut back on dietary portion sizes, and add more fruits and vegetables to your menu.
- Adjust your sleep schedule -- go to sleep earlier and wake earlier in the morning.
Posted: January 2013