Health Tip: Avoid Beginners' Workout Injuries
-- Exercise can help you live longer and give you a better body. But you can hurt yourself if you overdo it or don't exercise properly.
The Womenshealth.gov website mentions these safe-exercise tips:
- Check with your doctor before you start exercising. Start out with short workout intervals of just five to 10 minutes.
- Protect yourself with safety gear, such as a helmet or sturdy running shoes.
- Warm up before starting each workout.
- Make sure you drink plenty of fluids, even if you aren't thirsty.
- If exercising outdoors, wear sunscreen.
- Stop exercising if you feel dizzy, nausea or pain.
Posted: December 2012