Health Tip: Ask Questions After Angioplasty
-- Coronary angioplasty is a procedure in which a narrowed or blocked artery is opened to improve blood flow to the heart.
The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute says you and your doctor should discuss these questions upon your return home:
- Am I allowed to exercise, and how much?
- What activities can and can't I do?
- When do I need a follow-up with my doctor?
- What medications will I be taking?
- What signs of infection should I look for?
- What symptoms should prompt me to call my doctor or 911?
Posted: December 2010