ArcoxiaTreatment for Osteoarthritis
Arthritis Foundation Chief Public Health Officer Testifies at FDA Hearing on Arcoxia
Dr. Patience White, M.D., Speaks on Behalf of 46 Million Americans With Arthritis
ATLANTA, April 09, 2007 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Dr. Patience White, M.D., chief public health officer for the Arthritis Foundation, will testify before the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Arthritis Advisory Committee regarding Merck & Co.'s request for approval of Arcoxia. Arcoxia -- a COX-2 inhibitor -- is being considered for relief of the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis. If approved, Arcoxia would be the first COX-2 inhibitor to gain U.S. approval since Vioxx and Bextra were removed from the market in 2004. Celebrex is currently the only member of this class of drug on the market in the U.S.
- WHAT: FDA's Arthritis Advisory Committee panel to review Merck & Co.'s request for approval of Arcoxia
- WHO: Dr. Patience White, M.D., chief public health officer, Arthritis Foundation
- WHEN: April 12, 2007 - 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- WHERE: Hilton - Washington DC North/Gaithersburg 620 Perry Pkwy., Gaithersburg, MD.
The Arthritis Foundation is the leading health organization addressing the needs of some 46 million Americans living with arthritis, the nation's number- one cause of disability. Founded in 1948, with headquarters in Atlanta, the Arthritis Foundation has chapters and 150 community service points located throughout the country.
The Arthritis Foundation is the largest private, not-for-profit contributor to arthritis research in the world, funding more than $380 million in research grants since 1948. The foundation helps individuals take control of arthritis by providing public health education; pursuing public policy and legislation; and conducting evidence-based programs to improve the quality of life for those living with arthritis. Information is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-568-4045 or www.arthritis.org.
Terms and conditions of use apply
Copyright © 2007 PR Newswire Association LLC. All rights reserved.
A United Business Media Company
Posted: April 2007
- Merck Receives Non Approvable Letter from FDA for Arcoxia (etoricoxib) - April 27, 2007
- Public Citizen: FDA Should Not Approve "Offspring of Vioxx" Painkiller - April 13, 2007
- FDA Advisory Committee Recommends Against Approval for Merck's NDA for Arcoxia (etoricoxib) - April 12, 2007
- Statement by Merck & Co., Inc. Regarding FDA Arthritis Drugs Advisory Committee Meeting on Arcoxia (etoricoxib) - April 11, 2007
- Merck Responds to FDA-Issued Approvable Letters for Arcoxia (etoricoxib) - November 10, 2006
- Merck Provides Status Update on Ongoing Arcoxia Trials - June 17, 2005
- Merck Receives ’Approvable’ Letter for Arcoxia - October 29, 2004