Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cblynnie
constant meowing
    xumeng12 is offline Junior Member

Default constant meowing

My aunt's cat is 19 years old - He is constantly meowing loudly and deep, he has a thyroid problem, pooping problems for which my aunt give him lactulose, excessive weight loss, etc. Is it time for my aunt to consider having him put to sleep? My aunt really want him to live a good life and not suffer.
    Thanks

Titty Puff is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by xumeng12 View Post
    My aunt's cat is 19 years old - He is constantly meowing loudly and deep, he has a thyroid problem, pooping problems for which my aunt give him lactulose, excessive weight loss, etc. Is it time for my aunt to consider having him put to sleep? My aunt really want him to live a good life and not suffer.
    Thanks
    A 19 year old cat is very old. I am afraid from the symptons that you are explaining that it may be time to put the cat to sleep. It sounds like the cat is in misery or pain, generally unhappy and ready to go. My cat was like 10 years old and was doing this; I believe my brother put him to sleep. It's a sad, sad thing...I don't even want to think about it.

Best way to check if you're not sure is to take it to the vet. Only you and the bond you have with your animal can ultimately determine the best course of action.

Cblynnie is offline New Member

Unhappy Putting cat down.

I have a 19 year old cat also. He eats quite a bit in small doses and sleeps close by to me. The past 30 years I have had many cats. They slept indoors and go out during the day and stayed on the property which had a lot of woods. I never had to put any of them down. When the time came they would get extra friendly and Loving, then disappear. Sometimes I would find them in the woods or heavy brush curled up as if they went to sleep on their own. Others were found by my dogs when we went walking. They were all friendly with my Rottweilers. They Know when it is time to say good bye and go to Heaven and wait for their companions. Love them all as if they were your children.
    RRusso likes this.

chetmcgee is offline New Member

Angry

our house cat is fifteen years old, has always been very nervous and spooks easily, last year his life long companion died suddenly, and now this cat is so needy and wanders the house making low gutteral sounds, and with my girlfriend out of town for the holidaze he is even worse, as she is much more indulging of this animal than i, he seems to be crying almost all the time, and is driving me crazy, i am at my witsend, and though i would never harm the animal, short of strangling him how can i stop this behavior?