Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Suboxowned
Years on suboxone
    subox husband is offline New Member

Default Years on suboxone

howdy all, Ok so i am here for some info regarding long term sub use. My wife started using sub 3 1/2 years ago to assist in getting off percocet. I was fearful right from the begining that she was just replacing one thing for another, but after listening to her consular i was assured that this would be best and she wouldnt be on them longer than 3 months. Well here we are 3 1/2 yrs later and she is still on them. Myself and others in our family have noticed what a completly diffrent person my wife has become. All the while she says we do not know what we are talking about and she is under a doctors care. She has since been fired from 2 jobs and everything in our lives is spiriling out of control including to the point where she know has asked for a divorice and beleives our 2 boys would be much better off. so there is a little bit of background. I am simply looking for as much info as i can regarding the long term effects of this stuff so i can be armed with as much fact as possiable. any point in direction of this info would be great.

Suboxowned is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by subox husband View Post
    howdy all, Ok so i am here for some info regarding long term sub use. My wife started using sub 3 1/2 years ago to assist in getting off percocet. I was fearful right from the begining that she was just replacing one thing for another, but after listening to her consular i was assured that this would be best and she wouldnt be on them longer than 3 months. Well here we are 3 1/2 yrs later and she is still on them. Myself and others in our family have noticed what a completly diffrent person my wife has become. All the while she says we do not know what we are talking about and she is under a doctors care. She has since been fired from 2 jobs and everything in our lives is spiriling out of control including to the point where she know has asked for a divorice and beleives our 2 boys would be much better off. so there is a little bit of background. I am simply looking for as much info as i can regarding the long term effects of this stuff so i can be armed with as much fact as possible. any point in direction of this info would be great.
    I'm not a medical professional, but, if you asked my husband or immediate family they would tell you that I have changed-a lot-in the last 4 years. Sub does change you. I use to be such an outgoing person who loved to socialize. Now, I actually have anxiety if I know I'm facing an evening of socializing with people I know and hardly know. Its sad, but it is who I've become. Will I ever get back to the "old me".... Not sure. I'm 43 years old and I live like my 65 year old mother (whom I love dearly). Somewhere down the road, I have become lost in this world of Suboxone and I'm desperate to get out. Its time, I feel it. Everyone is different, she might not be ready to admit Suboxone is ruining her. In my opinion, Sub was made for short term use only. But, these pharmaceutical companies enjoy making money off of us addicts and don't care that we are slowly losing ourselves (or sanity and emotions).
    Talk to your wife and introduce her to this forum. She can read my story and try to relate or I'm sure their is someone else on here that she can relate to.
    Good Luck!
    One last thing, Suboxone has saved me. I'd probably still be on narcotic pain medications. I just wish I would've weaned off of the pain meds or weaned off of the Suboxone shortly after I was inducted.
    gunnawin likes this.