Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
What did I get myself into???
    Suboxowned is offline Member

Default What did I get myself into???

Hello everyone!! I joined a couple of days ago and since then I have been reading as many posts as I can to educate myself with a taper plan. I have seen that there has been A LOT of success stories here on this forum and I would love to join the list! Before I begin, I am a mom with an 18yr old and a 9yr old son. I am currently in college to become a Registered Health Information Technician. Here is my story...
    5 years ago, I was injured while working. I started out on Vicodin, then Vicoprofen and ending with Percocets. Eventually, I became dependent on the stuff just to get through my day. I tried to ween, I couldn't. I did not want to face any withdrawals so my Dr. suggested Suboxone. He told me its great for pain management also. I have been on Suboxone for 3 and a half years. May will be my 4 year mark and I really wanted to be off by then. But, after reading the taper plan and the fact that I don't want any withdrawals, I have accepted that I probably won't be free of Subs for a while and that is totally fine with me. Last week I was on 12mg a day. Monday, I dropped to 8mg successfully and today I am going to try 4mg and stay there for a week. Next Friday (Feb 3.), I have an appt. with my Sub Dr. We have agreed to ween me off of Subs. However, I am not going to tell him that I am going to follow the plan found on this website. (unless he has a similar plan, then I will share with him) I know most Dr.'s have you jump off at 2mg. That is crazy!!! I'm sure that is what they were taught, but that is definitely a surefire way of getting the patient back in there for more because they cant deal with the withdrawals. (Probably Reckitt's way of keeping the money flowing in). lol
    I have the same side effects as others have described. I have gained weight, I have no social life, I don't want a social life. I'm basically a prisoner to this freaking prescription bottle. I'm only 42 years old and I live the life of an 80year old. My 70 something Mother in law has more energy and spunk than I do! WTF. I hate my life. I hate the fact that I got myself into another effed up mess. I was only taking 10 or less pain pills a day. Why didn't I just ween? I know Suboxone has saved A LOT of people and I am grateful for that. I just wish I wouldn't have traded one addiction for another.
    Okay, So here is a recap: 8mgs a day, today starts a 4mg regiment for 1 week just to see if I'm going to adjust well, then down to 2mg for a week or so(??). Any experienced input will be greatly appreciated!!! Also, when my Dr. said he wanted to start weening me off, I told him I was scared because I am afraid of withdrawals. He said "don't worry, their are drugs for that" as he was laughing. So, maybe he is compassionate about that. Plus, this is a new Dr for me since he is closer to my house. But, the only way he would take me on as a pt., I had to agree to start weening immediately. He told me.."you don't need to be on this drug long-term".
    soundboy1 likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

You need to taper, I agree, but you're going to make yourself sick as a dog dropping from 8mg to 4mg at once. If you read the sub therapy taper, it's mine, it specifically says to do a 25% reduction at a time at least four days apart. That is a proven amount to reduce. It's worked here for years, but if you go 50% you'll regret it.

If you want my help let me know. I've done this a thousand times and know how to help you. Let me know. I will be back online this afternoon and I'll check on you. I have several sub drs who use my sub therapy plan on their own patients all over the country. Just let me know if you want to follow my suggestions. God bless.
    gunnawin likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

fedupnow is offline Member

Welcome to the site. There is a ton of support here and feel free to post when needed.

I recommend you read Roberts_325's taper plan here:
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

So many people have successfully used this taper plan and are living without suboxone today.. There are a lot of people on site that have completed this plan and are helping others including Robert himself!

I too got real excited about stopping and try'd my own quick taper plan and it didn't work out good.. check out my thread in the suboxone treatment section, it's called I'm feeling my jump off soon guidance needed..

you may feel it too much from jumping from 8-4mg and if you do then jump back up to 6mg..

The key is reducing your dose by 25% every 4-5 days but it varies on how you feel. I suggest at least waiting 4-5 days before your next reduction.

Others will be around soon to help you out with this. I'm currently weaning myself so I'm with you in this..

all the best!

Edit: hey Robert jumped in while i was typing Go with him. he is helping me too! goodluck!
    Last edited by fedupnow; 01-27-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Default Awesommme

I've taken 2mg today, so far. I'll go ahead and take another 2mg (I just took my first dose about 20 mins ago.) Then I'll take another 2 this afternoon/early eve. I should be good. I have 8mg strips. I have cut them into 4 pieces. I will tell you one thing, Yesterday, was the first day in a while that I had a good feeling about the future. I just want to be free. I want to tell my Suboxone Dr. goodbye. (in a good way) Do you know, I considered checking myself into "Summer House Detox" in Florida? I have awesome medical insurance and prescription insurance. My prescription insurance pays 100% of my Suboxone! Crazy, I know. They will probably love me when I get off of this stuff. I will definitely be following the taper regiment on this forum. I would love your support. Now, if I could getcha's to help me with my homework!! lol. Going back to college in your 40's is CRAZY!!! I'm glad it is something to keep me busy during this time. I would love to make some new "e-friends" too! It is nice knowing that you are not the only one out there fighting this battle.
    I will have my Doc prescribe me 2mg strips. That should make it a lot easier for me because I'm not too good with calculating dosages using percentages. Thanks for the support. My family is behind me on this but they don't know what its like to be addicted to this stuff. They're addicted to nicotine so I try using that as an example and they just change the subject because they don't even want to think about having to ween off of their smokes. haha. Talk to ya's soon.

Marshein is offline New Member

Unhappy Response to Suboxoned

I know just how you feel! I traded a 2-year pain med addiction for methadone, thinking it would help me get off the pain pills, only to find myself addicted to methadone. I am 65 and live the life of an 85 yr old! You can be old at 65, but I probably wouldn't be the way I am if not for the drug stuff. I've been on methadone for 10 yrs now, and was thinking of taking suboxone to get off it, but after reading the posts here I am not so sure. Looks like the same old same old, just more addiction to deal with. To you I want to say, you are only 42, don't let yourself be like this at such a young age. You have a lot of life in front of you, so it's totally worth this struggle. For me, I'm not so sure.
    Suboxowned likes this.

Default Marshein

Don't be so negative! You are young too! Don't give up on yourself. You have a lot of life to live (I feel like I just sang a song) lol. I do not know how hard it is to get off of methadone (just from what I've read). I came up with this little saying, hopefully nobody else has said this, but here it is...I used Suboxone to get outta jail...to only end up in my own prison. I think I might make that my "signature". HaHa! Keep your head up! I have noticed that since I have came down from 12mgs last week to 8mgs and now starting 6mgs today, I feel a lot better. Like a heavy blanket has been lifted. I know it probably wont last but I'm going to be optimistic...I want out of this long dark tunnel!!!!
    TTYL
    Robert_325 likes this.

Hey Marshein, Suboxone can work for Methadone too! And haven't you heard? 65 is the new 45...after you taper and detox. I think I know how you feel...I had given up on myself too. But I took what I learned here, detoxed, joined a group,of other recovering people, and celebrated one year completely clean on January 10th. I'm living proof, it can be done. Last night I celebrated my year and thanked my friends for not giving up on me, even though I had given up on myself. You can do, it too.
    Robert_325 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusMoonlight View Post
    Hey Marshein, Suboxone can work for Methadone too! And haven't you heard? 65 is the new 45...after you taper and detox. I think I know how you feel...I had given up on myself too. But I took what I learned here, detoxed, joined a group,of other recovering people, and celebrated one year completely clean on January 10th. I'm living proof, it can be done. Last night I celebrated my year and thanked my friends for not giving up on me, even though I had given up on myself. You can do, it too.

Sirius ...... Congratulations on a year clean! That is awesome!

I agree that it's never too late to get clean as long as you are breathing. I used opiates 35 years, didn't get clean until 50, and now have almost ten years clean. It's like it was another lifetime it's been so long ago.

I'm proud to see you stuck it out. I remember you well and you never wavered when you were on here getting clean. You stuck to it every day and that is what it takes. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusMoonlight View Post
    Sirius, congrats on the 1 year anniversary!!! I cannot wait for my one year anniversary for being off of Suboxone. I'm weening now. I can't wait to see what it will be like to NOT have anything in my system!!!

sjan17 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post

I agree that it's never too late to get clean as long as you are breathing. I used opiates 35 years, didn't get clean until 50, and now have almost ten years clean. It's like it was another lifetime it's been so long ago.

I'm proud to see you stuck it out. I remember you well and you never wavered when you were on here getting clean. You stuck to it every day and that is what it takes. God bless.
    Hello to all of you...I am a newbie here and this is my first post. I found this forum about 2 weeks ago and it's been sooooo comforting....you guys have no idea. Not only have I been getting educated from you all, but the moral support you provide is so encouraging. Robert_325, what a saint you are...it's amazing there are people like you on this site who unselfishly give of their time to help those in need. I have read your 3 step plan and it's taught me so much. I am however a little confused about the how fast to taper so I'd like to share my story and let you know where I am in this process to get off suboxone. I welcome your advice and anyone else who would like to comment. Fedupnow...you inspire me and I'm keeping tabs on you and cheering you on big time! I could make comments to everyone on here as I feel I relate to most of you here - lol! One last well deserved one though for Sirius - A big Congrats to you for reaching the 1 year mark!!! Wow...you must be sooo proud! I can't wait to be in your shoes!!!

So here's my story...I honestly can't believe I am where I am...About 3 years, I was prescribed norco for back pain and like many of you, I too started taking more than I should have. I was up to 10 a day taking 2 at a time just to feel normal. That dosage went on for only about 6 months. Then the PM dr said I needed to be on a long lasting drug so she put me on opana 40mg 2x/day. After about 2 months of this, I just had enough and decided I didn't want to be on narcotics any more. Perhaps I wasn't on these drugs long enough to do suboxone and now I realize after reading that perhaps I should have just detoxed and suffered hard for about a week, but I needed to work and couldn't afford to take 1 week off so opted to do suboxone as an outpatient. On 1/17 I started what you call an induction; however, I am sad to say that it was not correctly from what I have read. The dr. said nothing about being almost off the drug, in fact, she said the more withdrawal I have, the better success I would have. I remember filling out the COWS form and I answered it honestly and I was at 0-5 in withdrawal symptoms and according to Robert, one should be at 26 or higher. Crazy - huh? I pay all this money and I get no counseling, the wrong guidance and I have to fork out 300.00 each time I go in for a sub script - talk about highway robbery!! Anyway, I took my last dose of opana at 3:00 am and at 11:00 am the next day, she had me start off with 2 8mg/2mg tablets of suboxone. I had no withdrawals and I felt fine and was sent home after 2 hours. She said the next day, I was to add to the dosage with 3 tablets. It didn't make logical sense to me so I got on the internet (something I should have done first before going in to do this). That's when I came across the induction process, etc... I called her out on it the next day in a polite way and showed her the printouts of the induction, but she said you can't believe what you read on the internet and I just didn't want to argue with her. However, I told her I didn't want to take the 3 tablets and told her I thought I'd be fine with 1 and also asked if I could get the film instead. She said I could do it my way and I got a script for as many as she would give me so I would never need to go back. Day 2, I was fine on 1 8mg film of subox, day 3 I was fine with 4mg, day 4 I was fine with 3mg and stayed there to finish off the 1st week. 2nd week, I took 2mg (split 1 in the am and 1 evening) and haven't been able to go lower. I know I did a rapid taper and I hope I haven't screwed up. I know the induction was not done right, but I just figured I can't and don't want to go back just forward. So....I've been doing a lot of reading and I saw somewhere someone went into a lot of detail about the scientific way the suboxone works in the brain using the green meadow analogy and saying how the drug you were taking creates heavy black balls/holes in your brain and you need to give it time for the black holes to fill back up with green holes (like the seeds of grass that need time to grow). Then, the withdrawals aren't so bad. If you go too fast, obviously the withdrawals are worse because the receptors in your brain haven't normalized yet. Is that all true? I am going on week 3 and at 1 mg in the morning and 1 mg at night. Robert, do you think I should just stay here if I am comfortable for awhile? how long do you think? I know I rushed it ....I am like you ....I didn't get on suboxone to replace a drug, I am using it as a tool to get off narcotics forever! I am so happy to be pill free. I can have a normal bm now whereas I was very constipated and I couldn't sleep in long stretches at all. I was up every hour and dozing off at work. It was horrible. Since on subox, I am okay. I am exercising again (ran 2 miles today). I am normally very active...I do yoga, run, always into fitness. I am a small petite frame and not fat, but want to lose about 15 lbs. My biggest withdrawal sympton is that I get sweaty...really sweaty that it's embarrassing at work. I do not get RLS, no headaches, no stomach issues at all, just sweat like a pig. I hate the feeling of heat coming on! Anyway, how do I know when I should start the 25% down taper for 4 days. Is it too soon right now since I'm not comfortable and still sweating? I'm all ears sir. Thank you so much for your help and guidance. I cannot wait to be drug free. As far as my back pain, I've tried everything, but just learning to live with it...and some naproxen and advil help some. I'm also just trying to stengthen certain muscles in my back with weights, stretching, etc... I'd rather and can live with the discomfort than to be hooked to narcotics. What a lesson I've learned.

Marshein is offline New Member

Last nite I called a friend who is on subox, and he was enthusiastic about me taking it to stop the methadone. He is sending me some of his, tho I did not ask for them, just so I can try it to see if I like it, but I'm not sure I want to do it without a doctor's supervision. I've been on methadone for over ten years, which makes me think my transition will be more complex than his was--he wasn't even on meth. But I feel more positive about taking the big step and trying to switch, from everything I've now read and heard about the difference between the 2. I really can't stand the sleep situation I'm in bc of meth: I don't sleep well at nite, and then I'm sleepy all day and have to take naps. I can't read, I just fall asleep, and I used to be a major reader. Also haven't had a drink in all these yrs, which I've lately begun to miss doing, just one for godsakes once in awhile! So I guess I'm going for it. I'll probably be around venting like this now and then.

sjan17 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post

robert,
    I don't know if i'm posting correctly, but I wrote to you yesterday and was hoping to get a reply back. This is sjan17 - it was a bit long winded, but only cuzz it was my first posting. Can you please advise? Thank u!

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marshein View Post
    Last nite I called a friend who is on subox, and he was enthusiastic about me taking it to stop the methadone. He is sending me some of his, tho I did not ask for them, just so I can try it to see if I like it, but I'm not sure I want to do it without a doctor's supervision. I've been on methadone for over ten years, which makes me think my transition will be more complex than his was--he wasn't even on meth. But I feel more positive about taking the big step and trying to switch, from everything I've now read and heard about the difference between the 2. I really can't stand the sleep situation I'm in bc of meth: I don't sleep well at nite, and then I'm sleepy all day and have to take naps. I can't read, I just fall asleep, and I used to be a major reader. Also haven't had a drink in all these yrs, which I've lately begun to miss doing, just one for godsakes once in awhile! So I guess I'm going for it. I'll probably be around venting like this now and then.
    you dont just switch to subs, 'just to see if you like it'....

you can go into precipitated withdrawl if you take it while your dose is still too high, trust me its hellish to say the least... i switched from methadone to subs, under a doctors supervison and still screwed up...

you are playing with fire doing that from someones subs that they have 'given' you....
    lilnadz, Baconator and Robert_325 like this.

Default Time to reduce

Hi all. Today is my last day on 6mg. Tomorrow begins 4mg. I didn't notice much from going to 6mg from 8mg. Just a headache on and off for 2 days. I noticed that my sleep has been interrupted a little, but that could be a fluke. Yesterday, which was my 3rd day on 6mg, I had a little light headed feeling and a little bit of nausea, but once I took my shower it was gone within a half hour. I'm starting to get nervous about the process. I found out from my podiatrist that I'm going to have surgery probably within the next 2 months. I've been doing my research about surgery to correct plantar fasciitis and I've read that it is quite painful. I'm wondering if I'll be okay just using naproxen or ibuprofen? I'm going to be open and honest with the Dr. about this because I don't want to be in pain however, I don't want to screw this process up either. I understand if it slows down my weening process, I just need to be comfortable while healing. I've been dealing with arthritis and a broken tailbone for 5 years only treating it with over the counter meds. I'll worry about that bridge when it gets here.
    I hope everyone is doing good. I'm from south of Chicago and its 57* here today so I have a window cracked and might take a little nap while breathing in some fresh country air! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by sjan17 View Post
    robert,
    I don't know if i'm posting correctly, but I wrote to you yesterday and was hoping to get a reply back. This is sjan17 - it was a bit long winded, but only cuzz it was my first posting. Can you please advise? Thank u!

I missed your post being mixed in with all these others. It's best to have your own thread where I will be sure to see you. I have so many people posting to me it's easy to miss someone mixed into another person's thread.

Sounds like you are doing awesome! Glad you didn't listen to the dr and take a ton of subs! I will be glad to work with you tapering all the way down to nothing. You're on a small dose and it won't take us a long time to have you clean. Stay in touch. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Suboxowned View Post
    Hi all. Today is my last day on 6mg. Tomorrow begins 4mg. I didn't notice much from going to 6mg from 8mg. Just a headache on and off for 2 days. I noticed that my sleep has been interrupted a little, but that could be a fluke. Yesterday, which was my 3rd day on 6mg, I had a little light headed feeling and a little bit of nausea, but once I took my shower it was gone within a half hour. I'm starting to get nervous about the process. I found out from my podiatrist that I'm going to have surgery probably within the next 2 months. I've been doing my research about surgery to correct plantar fasciitis and I've read that it is quite painful. I'm wondering if I'll be okay just using naproxen or ibuprofen? I'm going to be open and honest with the Dr. about this because I don't want to be in pain however, I don't want to screw this process up either. I understand if it slows down my weening process, I just need to be comfortable while healing. I've been dealing with arthritis and a broken tailbone for 5 years only treating it with over the counter meds. I'll worry about that bridge when it gets here.
    I hope everyone is doing good. I'm from south of Chicago and its 57* here today so I have a window cracked and might take a little nap while breathing in some fresh country air! Enjoy!

Excedrin for Migraines works incredible for sub headaches. Been using them here for years. Hope that helps. And we can have you totally clean and off the subs before it's time to do the surgery. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 01-31-2012 at 07:42 PM.
    Suboxowned likes this.

fedupnow is offline Member

Your doing great, keep it up!! I'm going thru this with you! Follow that taper plan and u will be surprised that it actually works great!

I find by reduction day 3-4 is a bit uncomfortable but day 5 I'm usually back and stable! This is so-doable if you stick to the plan.

Here in Ontario, we also got some nice weather yesterday and for the week, all the snow is pretty much gone again
    Suboxowned likes this.

Default Hey all

I just got home from my visit with my Suboxone Doc. I've only seen him 2 times and I absolutely love him! I love the fact that the only way you can be a Sub patient at his office, is if you agree to start weening off of Suboxone. He actually sat down with me and we talked for about 20 minutes. He was telling me how NOBODY needs to be on this drug long term. He stated that he will not see patients on Suboxone long term. If they want to remain on it, they'll have to see another Dr. He almost sounds like he's been there. He told me he will give me what ever I need to remain as comfortable as possible during this process. He said "I'm only a phone call away. I will call it in to your pharmacy." So, at least I know I can get something to help with the anxiety, lack of sleep and depression. I told him that May will be my 4 year anniversary for Subs and he said..."in May, you can say, I would've been on Suboxone for 4 years this month."
    Bad thing is...he said he has his patients jump off anywhere between 2 and 1.5mgs. I told him I'm going lower than that because I don't want to start taking it again because I can't handle the w/d's. I'm going to keep doing Robert's taper plan. It has worked for me so far, why change it now! Talk to ya's later
    lilnadz and Robert_325 like this.

korbon is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marshein View Post
    I've been on methadone for 10 yrs now, and was thinking of taking suboxone to get off it, but after reading the posts here I am not so sure. Looks like the same old same old, just more addiction to deal with.
    I did Methadone for 10 years and tapered myself off so many times it isn't funny, only to start again once I'd gotten off. I have a calendar set up with different drop schedules to go with how many pills I had left to work with. While my habit probably wasn't as heavy as yours, I believe you can still come off Methadone if you take it slow and easy. I found a drop of 5mg every 4-5 days doable without too much discomfort.

You're right not to want to jump from one addiction to another though. I finally went to a doctor for Suboxone and was prescribed 4mg BID but only took it as prescribed for about a week before dropping my dose down to 1mg a day. That was enough for me to stave off cravings to use.

Today makes 11 months since I've done Methadone but I'm still doing anywhere from .5mg to 1mg a day of Suboxone, mostly because I deal with fatigue from a liver condition and it gives me a slight boost of energy, I have been trying to stop and as recently as this week went 3 days without Sub and felt really good but succumbed to the habit.

Even so, I feel like I'm better off having stopped Methadone and wish you the best of luck.

Just wanting to get something off my mind.One thing I hate about the Suboxone Dr.'s is they make it seem so easy coming off of Sub. I know they probably do it so it doesn't freak the patient out, but part of me believes that is what they were told in their 8 hour class (and they haven't a clue). For any Dr. to have their patient jump off of Sub at 2mg. is crazy. Years ago, that was my daily dose. I don't think I could've just stopped taking it from there.
    It is day 3 of the 4mg dose. I think I'm gonna stay here until Monday then drop to 2mg. I haven't noticed any change going from 6mg to 4mg.
    Have a great weekend. I'll check in 2morrow.
    Last edited by Suboxowned; 02-03-2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something

Anonymous Guest

i seen you already mention to royalflush that you are following roberts taper.... well if you go from 4mg to 2mg, thats a 50% drop and my cause you some problems....

you should only drop from 4mg to 3mg......

Suboxowned ...... Cheeky is absolutely right! DON'T do a 50% reduction, that is asking for trouble. I can't be held responsible if you don't follow my suggestions that are proven with a ton of people over lots of time. You would reduce from 4mg to 3mg and that is it! God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 02-04-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Sorry. I guess I'm just in a hurry to be done with this.

Sorry. I guess I'm just in a hurry to be done with this.

Suboxowned ........ The best and the fastest way to do this with the least amount of discomfort is doing it the right way. There are no short cuts.

Listen to what I'm suggesting if you want to do this right. You can't do it your way and expect to call it my taper plan. I NEVER tell anyone to do a 50% reduction, NOT EVER!!! God bless.

Default 3mgs

Today was the first day of 3mgs. I'm still cutting up the 8mg strips. I feel like a CSI (with my scissors and tweezers). lol I just looked at my script the Dr had written for the month and he Rx'd 15 8mg pills instead of 2mg strips. I assumed I would get 2mg strips because of the conversation we had. Oh well, I guess I will be asking for help when it comes to breaking down the pill for my smaller doses. I am not good at calculating numbers and percentages. I must have missed math that day... I recently screwed up and cut my dosage to much. I guess because I went from 12mg to 8mg then 6mg then 4mg that my next dose would be 2mgs. I was wrong. It should be 3mg,not 2mg. Boy did I hear about it! I actually cried because I got "yelled" at! Must be my emotions. It was an honest mistake. I didn't try doing it any other way and if it looked like I was, I'm sorry....I wasn't. I guess I'm a math idiot. But it sure did feel like cheeky called me out on it to be mean and condescending. But then again, it must be my emotions and me being sensitive to everything anyone says to me. Anyway (moving on), I feel pretty good during the day. At night, when I just start dosing off, all of the sudden I'll get an agitated, restless feeling. After I move around a bit and take some really deep breaths, it goes away. I've been getting really weird dreams (people hitting me, leaving me or me losing someone close). I've woken up a couple of times crying. I didn't think this stuff would start till after I stopped the sub. I guess taking 12mgs a day was a lot and it must be finally exiting my body/brain.
    What dose do I move to next? 2mgs? Then 1mg? How will I get the 8mgs pills broken up in to correct doses? That's another bad quality about me---I worry way too much!!!
    Have a good night............from Illinois- where its only 36 degrees outside!

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    i seen you already mention to royalflush that you are following roberts taper.... well if you go from 4mg to 2mg, thats a 50% drop and my cause you some problems....

you should only drop from 4mg to 3mg......
    yup you are extra sensitive. there was no ''calling out'' or being ''condescending'' about it. i merely noticed you dropped tooo much and was letting you know so YOU DONT SUFFER... i have nothing to gain by pointing that out to you....ok..

ive been there done that.... and was trying to help.....

(my bad i will leave you to it)
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-06-2012 at 10:50 PM.

sookie3 is offline Member

Today was the first day of 3mgs. I'm still cutting up the 8mg strips. I feel like a CSI (with my scissors and tweezers). lol I just looked at my script the Dr had written for the month and he Rx'd 15 8mg pills instead of 2mg strips. I assumed I would get 2mg strips because of the conversation we had. Oh well, I guess I will be asking for help when it comes to breaking down the pill for my smaller doses. I am not good at calculating numbers and percentages. I must have missed math that day... I recently screwed up and cut my dosage to much. I guess because I went from 12mg to 8mg then 6mg then 4mg that my next dose would be 2mgs. I was wrong. It should be 3mg,not 2mg. Boy did I hear about it! I actually cried because I got "yelled" at! Must be my emotions. It was an honest mistake. I didn't try doing it any other way and if it looked like I was, I'm sorry....I wasn't. I guess I'm a math idiot. But it sure did feel like cheeky called me out on it to be mean and condescending. But then again, it must be my emotions and me being sensitive to everything anyone says to me. Anyway (moving on), I feel pretty good during the day. At night, when I just start dosing off, all of the sudden I'll get an agitated, restless feeling. After I move around a bit and take some really deep breaths, it goes away. I've been getting really weird dreams (people hitting me, leaving me or me losing someone close). I've woken up a couple of times crying. I didn't think this stuff would start till after I stopped the sub. I guess taking 12mgs a day was a lot and it must be finally exiting my body/brain.
    What dose do I move to next? 2mgs? Then 1mg? How will I get the 8mgs pills broken up in to correct doses? That's another bad quality about me---I worry way too much!!!
    Have a good night............from Illinois- where its only 36 degrees outside!
    Yep the weird dreams come thick and fast.!!! And the sensitvity!! I went through the lot too. But your doing really well getting from 12mg to 3mg thats great!!
    Plus remember those old hormones are struggling to keep up with everything thats going on in your body so just remember to give your self a pat on the back for getting where you are and as the others say " Don't rush it" My taper schedule went out the window and I had to rush it then jump in the end becuase of a bad reaction and it was NOT pretty. Keep up with Roberts taper. Circumstances beyond my control took me out of the plan and I was not prepared for that.
    No need to rush...whats another few weeks?
    I wish you all the best with it...your not far off now Good on you girl!!
    Suboxowned likes this.

Default Sweats/hotflashes

Quote Originally Posted by sookie3 View Post
    Yep the weird dreams come thick and fast.!!! And the sensitvity!! I went through the lot too. But your doing really well getting from 12mg to 3mg thats great!!
    Plus remember those old hormones are struggling to keep up with everything thats going on in your body so just remember to give your self a pat on the back for getting where you are and as the others say " Don't rush it" My taper schedule went out the window and I had to rush it then jump in the end becuase of a bad reaction and it was NOT pretty. Keep up with Roberts taper. Circumstances beyond my control took me out of the plan and I was not prepared for that.
    No need to rush...whats another few weeks?
    I wish you all the best with it...your not far off now Good on you girl!!
    Did you get really sweaty or have hotflashes during the night? I use to get hotflashes really bad when I went thru menopause (yep, menopause at 42!!!) then they subsided to a minimum. Now, they've come back with a vengeance at bedtime. Lastnight, I had to take a melatonin and it worked! I fell asleep within a half hour and STAYED asleep till 7:00am. I did notice this morning that my body was "needing" my dose. It's only my 2nd day at 3mg. I've got a long way to go.
    Anyone who has any knowledge with this, when should I start taking the vitamins/supplements? A couple of days prior to my jump or the day of the jump?

Holy headache.....already. It's only 9am. Craaaap, its gonna be a looong day. Plus, I have both of my kids home sick today. To irritated to see if they're both lying cuz they want to sleep in. 18 and 9 years old. Sometimes I wonder who is the older one.lol Boys..............gotta luv em.

ashcj2 is offline New Member

Exclamation

Did you get really sweaty or have hotflashes during the night? I use to get hotflashes really bad when I went thru menopause (yep, menopause at 42!!!) then they subsided to a minimum. Now, they've come back with a vengeance at bedtime. Lastnight, I had to take a melatonin and it worked! I fell asleep within a half hour and STAYED asleep till 7:00am. I did notice this morning that my body was "needing" my dose. It's only my 2nd day at 3mg. I've got a long way to go.
    Anyone who has any knowledge with this, when should I start taking the vitamins/supplements? A couple of days prior to my jump or the day of the jump?

Holy headache.....already. It's only 9am. Craaaap, its gonna be a looong day. Plus, I have both of my kids home sick today. To irritated to see if they're both lying cuz they want to sleep in. 18 and 9 years old. Sometimes I wonder who is the older one.lol Boys..............gotta luv em.
    I have been off of subutex and suboxone for 13 days and I still sweat in the mornings until almost the late afternoon. and before 2 days ago I was MISERABLE!!!!!!!!! TAPERING DOES NOT WORK! I have been taoring for months and everytime I thought that I could go without it I felt horrible .... so I finally had to decide either to stay on it for the rest of my life and o boke payin for it or just be done and deal with whatever came with the withdraws...and it took me years to finally do this and I can tell you that everydy I feel more and more and more like a normal person... It completely sucked for a week because I mentally made myself think that it would never end and someone told me to just try not to think about it and I know that sounds dumb and easier said then done but I put it on my kids if you can just keep yourself busy you CAN do ths and will be so so so so so happy you did. I took flinstone vitamins and trid to eat and drink whatever I could.... I was bad off on opiates and then thought that subutx or suboxone would be the perfect fix....least thats what my docyor told me... >> beat him up if i could...lol...the withdraws suck I know but I promise you that if you just stp you will feel better everyday if you can keep a positive mind and I know that being positive wwhen you feel that bad isnt easy AT ALL... but I m one of the most NOT positive people in th world and I did it so I know that you could too...stop tapering and except it for what it is and GET OFF THIS HORRIBLE DRUG...I PROMISE THAT ITLL BE OVER BEFORE YOU KNOW IT... and take lots of baths if you can it helps a lot especially if you have restless legs.... i was just feeling super bad and reading other peoples posts and wishing that I was getting better like they were and here I am... good luck I know its hard but plz do it ull be so much happier

Anonymous Guest

that above post is a crock... tapering dose work.. its much better than jumping off at a high dose... stick to the program and you will succeed... plenty of us have here...

and you can too.. good luck
    Suboxowned and Kristin13 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast