Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Anonymous
  • 2 Post By cheekie
trouble with first day on subutex, every time
    sandbach is offline Junior Member

Default trouble with first day on subutex, every time

Hi

third time tryin subutex, first time precipative withdrawal from meth

second time, i crumbled in the first night, i took 2mg at 12:00 another 2mg at 13:00 and then another 2mg around 18:00 but crumbled at 03:00 in the morning. The withdrawals just get too much, i have constant intense leg aches, but after about three hours after each dose all the other symptoms start

So i am on my third attempt
    12:00 2 mg
    13:00 2 mg
    17:00 2 mg

and it is getting too much, i just want to get through too tomorrow but its getting intense.

i have already text my ex the childrens mother telling her i wish that they didnt care for me, so i could be free and just end this the easy way, have a few days with no withdrawls by sorting myself out by scoring, then saying my goodbyes

i dont think i can do this

past history methadone never held me, until i split my doses then perfect

the thought that 8mg in the morning if i get there will hold me all day, fills me with terror.

anyway thanks

desperate

bekka1964 is offline Junior Member

I am not in the best place to be giving any advice but I know what its like sitting watching views to my thread with no replies. please hang in there til some expert advice comes like from Robert, I am waiting on his imput also. I was on subutex for 8mos coming off opiates, dr switched me to suboxone3 mos ago and I hate it so I am taking myself off and came here for support. PLEASE hang in there call anyone you can,get on here,facebook etc. I lost a friend last yr, almost 1 yr exact, she was on many meds and depressed she stopped communicating and soon shot herself, its been terrible, her kids,her husband,her parents,her siblings me...we have all been destoryed. You gotta hang in there, call 911 if you have too they should keep you a couple days. your post terrified me and I am so scared to say the wrong thing, I miss my friend so much and I know many people would miss you. YOU CAN get through this and have a better life. please just hang in there, someone(robert) or someone else will be here soon
    Quote Originally Posted by sandbach View Post
    Hi

second time, i crumbled in the first night, i took 2mg at 12:00 another 2mg at 13:00 and then another 2mg around 18:00 but crumbled at 03:00 in the morning. The withdrawals just get too much, i have constant intense leg aches, but after about three hours after each dose all the other symptoms start

and it is getting too much, i just want to get through too tomorrow but its getting intense.

i have already text my ex the childrens mother telling her i wish that they didnt care for me, so i could be free and just end this the easy way, have a few days with no withdrawls by sorting myself out by scoring, then saying my goodbyes

the thought that 8mg in the morning if i get there will hold me all day, fills me with terror.

anyway thanks

desperate

thank you

i got in that place but the beautiful people around me got me out

but its just around the corner till i get sorted

but i havent got a huge habit, yet 6mg of subutex doesnt hold me, sorry hold me is the wrong words, it cant be far off a full turkey, but according to roberts thread, less than that should be enough

oops double post

but thanks for your kind words

Jay44 is offline Member

Hi Sandbach. How are you doing? It looks as though you are having a hard time getting the dosing down with subutex.

My name is Jay & I am now 4 days w/o any suboxone & I'm doing well. If you need any help or advice just let me know.

I do want to say that you should only be dosing twice per day. It will make it much easier. I had some real down & out days myself so hang in there & we'll help you get over this.

thanks vey much ja, you dont know how much i appreciate this, i need to do this, though feel a bit abandoned by my key worer so have no professional help, but sometimes people with experience and knowledge are better than professionals.

Day 2 sit know is i smoked a small bit of >>>>>> last night, i felt clearly they underdosed me, so i now need to wait to be in withdrawals a bit more, i am not too bad this morning, maybe the subutex is having an effect.
    I will wait until i am in withdrawls and then have my 8mg tab, it is observed consumption so i cannot split the does, but here's to day 2, though day 1 doesnt count as i used.

thanks, im glad you're doing well, thats the place i want to be. could i ask what have u been dosing each day?

thanks

sorry, thanks very much Jay, my apologies

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Hi

anyway thanks

desperate

I can induct you but you need to score a 26 on the COWS worksheet first which determines that you are in severe enough w/d. Then you need to follow the process correctly for induction. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

sandbach, i was entirely in the same boat as you. had to consume my dose in front of pharmacist..... 8mg will be more than enough to hold you all day.. i only ever dosed once a day, and i never used while i was on subs... you have to get that monkey off your back. its in your head... 8mg WILL HOLD YOU ALL DAY. and using while on subs is a complete waste of time.... and waste of money. as the subs bind tight to your receptors and dont let anything thru.....

you have to want this. and you have to play the game. otherwise you are wasting your time....

i hope you get the right attitude.... you will be free mate... i used subs to get clean and i have not regretted it for one moment. i am no longer a slave to methadone, drugs, subs, nothing and it feels great....

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    sandbach, i was entirely in the same boat as you. had to consume my dose in front of pharmacist..... 8mg will be more than enough to hold you all day.. i only ever dosed once a day, and i never used while i was on subs... you have to get that monkey off your back. its in your head... 8mg WILL HOLD YOU ALL DAY. and using while on subs is a complete waste of time.... and waste of money. as the subs bind tight to your receptors and dont let anything thru.....

you have to want this. and you have to play the game. otherwise you are wasting your time....

i hope you get the right attitude.... you will be free mate... i used subs to get clean and i have not regretted it for one moment. i am no longer a slave to methadone, drugs, subs, nothing and it feels great....
    cheeky, i know, everything u say is so true

and thank you Robert very much for your kind offer

Day 3, where i am at the moment, i had my 8mg around 11:00 it is now almost 16:00, i just need to get through today, keep myself busy, immerse myself in the arms of my loved ones who are fantastic.

withdrawls are minimal, niggles in my leg, which hopefully will not keep me awake, but one zopiclone will sort them out. I just wish i had my fast forward button so could zoom through today but guess we all wish for a lot of things but they dont happen we just have to make them happen another way.

The demons in my head are battling methadone never held me until i split dosed, but then i know of the longer half life of subutex. Just need to win this battle.

but one battle i did win, turned down >>>>>>, just need to avoid any offers in moments of weakness

thank you all for your help and just listening to my witterings

well its still Day 3 even though past 12:00 so officially day 4 i guess

i just pray for sleep , and an easier day tomorrown

tonight has been so hard, my joints, my arms, my legs

Anonymous Guest

sandbach, go have a hot bath... after i was stable on subs, theres NO WAY i had achey joints or legs. i went into precipitated withdrawl after my first dose at clinic, and i suffered horribly. AND HAD TO TAKE IT AGAIN the next day... i went a couple of days in misery, but then i was FINE....

this feeling bad, is in your head. you are still in that mode of thinkin. how the hell can 8mg hold me. it seems so low, well it isnt and you need to realize this is a fight for your life and you need to switch brain modes to succeed.... you are not in withdrawl ay... how wonderful is that....?? yeh i know. coz i switched too and thought no way would 10 or 12mg hold me after my 100mg plus a day methadone habit... well, funny thing,,, it did. and the lower my dose, the more normal i felt in the end....

you are just in the stage where it feels a bit more ''normal'' on subs, than methadone. welcome to the real world... this is what its like bro....

i know what ur saying, but i really do think these symptoms are real, this is coming from my balanced mind. i do have a fast metablolism when it comes to drugs which is great for getting on to subbies but not for lasting a day

but is officially day 4 last evening and night and this morning were a ?????, they were nasty, and they hurt. but my 8mg has kicked in. wat a feeling, but feel so scarred and emotionally drained.

but the one good thing, i have sundays dose, so i can cut it and take 4mg twice. heres to another battle, one that i cant lose.

thanks cheeky, the real world looks bloody amazing and cant wait to get there and when i do i intend to enjoy it to its utmost but firstly i am going to shower so much love on my family and friends and people that have helped me, i am going to give to them till i draw blood, till i drop from exhaustion, the exhaustion will be from my gf, she is going to be dead demanding when im firing all cylinders, ???? im in for a good time!

Anonymous Guest

why split your sunday dose when all the other days you have to have it in one go...? come on... just go by the program and dont dick around with it yourself... your way hasnt worked before....

just stick to the once a day dose, and you will realize, that YES it is holding you....

my way has worked kind of, doing methadone one dose didnt work, splitting dose did

i have a fast metabolism

and why split my sunday dose because after a few hours of my other dose my withdrawals return

i guess all our biochemistry isnt the same and what works for some doesnt work for others

stablisation phase - i just want to get effin stable and i'm not

Anonymous Guest

what im tryin to say, is if you have to take one dose for 6 days a week, why dick around and take it in a split dose once a week. its not gonna help you one bit.... for one day.. come on... just take it once a day like they say.... and subs have a much longer half life. so it DOES work for well over 24 hours.

did it my way, 6 mgs on morn 2mg in evening, most comfortable day yet, almost enjoyable except this god awful low mood

but today, back to 8mg in one go, think my body has had time to get all the h out of the system now, so im looking to a nice comfortable day, and then start thinking of reducing and get rid of all this pooh in my system

but over the last few days, ive shouted at myself, told myself a million times look at the bloody half life, u r not feeling rough or withdrawing, just my body tells me different, but thats the end of that now

does anyonw know how comfortable or uncomfortable tapering down usually is? I intend to follow the 25% method. Just when i get uncomfortable thats when i start to crumble, and from 8 mg how long should that take?

cheeky, got there nice 8 mg holding me all day, time for bed, and feel i am winning now,(not in a charlie sheen stylee!)

my keyworker has suggested a plan of cutting down 2mg every two weeks, is this a good idea or will it lead to problems?

as i have read Roberts plan and it is quite different from this, is it down to personal choice and peoples experiences as to what is better, or is this plan a very bad idea and liable to cause me problems?

cheekie is offline New Member

Hey sandbach, trust me I have had my demons with the subs, in the beginning I was placed on them twice a day and then the Dr. placed me on 2mg. 3 yes I said 3 times a day. That is why I think I had such a hard time with them, I know of no one else eho was on a dose like this, they did change it to 2 times a day before long, but like you I never and still do not believe that I was ever on a stable dose, I think a needed a better Dr but was not informed on subs from the beginning. Please listen to people like patti, subzero and robert, and do not be scared to call your sub Dr and tell him what is going on. I do not care how many times you have failed before, what I do care about is what you do this time, remember the past is the past, but today is here, so please try to go forward, listen to your friends, hang onto your girl friend and make the call to the Dr if you have to, we will all tell you things but it is up to you to use what you have learn, so you know what is best for you, we are all not the same, however the rule for subs are. Dont mess with this, if you have not found your anwser here, please call your dr. like you said you got a family and alot of life to get back too. Dont do like I did, dont mke them suffer because of lack of knowledge, I wish I could take that part back, all the suffering I put them thru, I hate myself fot that, however I did not do it, the Dr did, but like I said I did not have the knowledge you know have nor did I have a good DR. Best of Luck always
    sandbach and FreeBird360 like this.

thanks cheekie , really appreciate it

Anonymous Guest

was a bit confused for a bit. been cheeky on this site for years and some one comes along and makes up the name cheekie. hahaha.

Anonymous Guest

my keyworker has suggested a plan of cutting down 2mg every two weeks, is this a good idea or will it lead to problems?

as i have read Roberts plan and it is quite different from this, is it down to personal choice and peoples experiences as to what is better, or is this plan a very bad idea and liable to cause me problems?
    hey. ok i know you are the ''do it my way kinda guy'' lol. but you have read around here, you have read roberts plan, theres a ton of us here who have got clean using his 25% roughly every 4 days method. its proven to work....

from memory you are at 8mg... yup you can go to 6mg next, but after then, only drop 25% at one time. or you will notice it, and put yourself at risk... 2mg drop at your dose is 25%,

try it for yourself if you dont beleive me or you think its personal choice... im all for people doing what works for them. but i also know what worked for me....

im glad i got here in time to listen to what works, rather that my doctor experimenting with something he knows buggar all about... and im clean today

on this i know bugger all, so dont know which way to turn, my keyworkers way or roberts way, there is no my kinda way on this as it is uncharted territory.

i dont think my keyworker is experimenting, its what he has seen workis practice but i dont know what numbers of people he is dealing with, compared to how many roberts plan has been successful with

hopefully my keyworker will change how my pills are dispensed so i have either option

FreeBird360 is offline New Member

Hey there. This is my very first time joining and for the first time searching for help in someone else besides my addicted friends. I've been hooked for 2yrs now& been desperately trying to be me again! I've lost everything good about my life, and even tho its not as bad as some I've never imagined hitting rock bottom. I'm on day 2 kind of when I tried so hard to get someherion after I Cried. To my ex that I look for my way out. I honestly think at times I can't fix this, but I can't hurt my family and I urn for a wonderful normal life! I look back at what I had and cry again. I want to be clean& I want therapy! I almost want to call the cops and get caught. Because if they lock me up, >> be forced! But telling my family is the harddest thingin the world. I'm Miss princess that used to be perfect. First in the fam to accomplish anything I don't wanna feel like dying anymore I'm afraid of my self

that miss princess thing stuck with me, well the other way round, i look back at some photos when i was little, breaks my heart what a mess i have got myself in, god knows what it must do to my family n girlfriend.

depression has really kicked in tonight, want to give up, not to >>>>>> -thats ????e, just give up, know i wont, ill pick myself up again but when the road is uphill for miles and miles it just seems so daunting and joyless and impossible

nomo momo is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by FreeBird360 View Post
    Hey there. This is my very first time joining and for the first time searching for help in someone else besides my addicted friends. I've been hooked for 2yrs now& been desperately trying to be me again! I've lost everything good about my life, and even tho its not as bad as some I've never imagined hitting rock bottom. I'm on day 2 kind of when I tried so hard to get someherion after I Cried. To my ex that I look for my way out. I honestly think at times I can't fix this, but I can't hurt my family and I urn for a wonderful normal life! I look back at what I had and cry again. I want to be clean& I want therapy! I almost want to call the cops and get caught. Because if they lock me up, >> be forced! But telling my family is the harddest thingin the world. I'm Miss princess that used to be perfect. First in the fam to accomplish anything I don't wanna feel like dying anymore I'm afraid of my self

It is very hard to maintain perfection, you think you are asking too much of yourself?

The good part is you are still the same person, the fact that you are here is a testament to that. You just took a detour off the road of life. Get back on and finish the journey as you would like, happy and proud! We all know that actions speak for themselves and that is how we evaluate people and our relationships with them. Your "action" of coming here speaks volumes about you. Maybe telling your family is the right thing, maybe it isn't, but getting clean is what you must do! You have a family here whether you realize it yet or not, you can tell us everything and anything you need to.

What are you afraid of? What do you want for yourself?