Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Frogs11
Tapering off of low dose Subutex, but (semi-long) usage
    Frogs11 is offline New Member

Default Tapering off of low dose Subutex, but (semi-long) usage

Hi all! I'm new, but have been reading and learning from this site for awhile now. I finally decided to join.

My story to sum it up, I have taken subutex for around 8 months now. At my highest I took 2 mg in morning, and 2 mg at night. Sometimes skipping the night dose. I am now down to around 1/1.5 mg in the morning, and nothing at night and seem just fine. In the past I went off suboxone cold turkey from a small dose like this (but for less months) and it was hardly painful at all. However I recently tried going cold turkey from 2mg subutex and it was not so fun.

First off what is a good taper schedule? Second will jumping off after tapering slowly be as bad as jumping off at two mg's? I have a physical job which is great cause it keeps me active which im sure is great for me while a wean down. I forgot to mention I was forced into suboxone withdrawl last june, it lasted 5 days while camping but was tolerable. By day 6 i was stupid and started taking them again even though I seemed to be only having mental withdrawls. This last time around I felt that my wd's off of 2 mg's was mostly in my head because I was able to calm myself down. Anyways, any suggestions would be very helpful, and I am willing to help anyone else out there with other questions! Thank you!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs11 View Post
    Hi all! I'm new, but have been reading and learning from this site for awhile now. I finally decided to join.

My story to sum it up, I have taken subutex for around 8 months now. At my highest I took 2 mg in morning, and 2 mg at night. Sometimes skipping the night dose. I am now down to around 1/1.5 mg in the morning, and nothing at night and seem just fine. In the past I went off suboxone cold turkey from a small dose like this (but for less months) and it was hardly painful at all. However I recently tried going cold turkey from 2mg subutex and it was not so fun.

First off what is a good taper schedule? Second will jumping off after tapering slowly be as bad as jumping off at two mg's? I have a physical job which is great cause it keeps me active which im sure is great for me while a wean down. I forgot to mention I was forced into suboxone withdrawl last june, it lasted 5 days while camping but was tolerable. By day 6 i was stupid and started taking them again even though I seemed to be only having mental withdrawls. This last time around I felt that my wd's off of 2 mg's was mostly in my head because I was able to calm myself down. Anyways, any suggestions would be very helpful, and I am willing to help anyone else out there with other questions! Thank you!

The following link will explain the process that I've used here for years working with people on subs. It worked for me and have been sharing it for years. Lots of clean folks here have followed this protocol. Let me know if you need help. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thank you very much! Since I've browsed this site so much in the past I have actually heard about you, thank you for willing to help me and so many others!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs11 View Post
    Thank you very much! Since I've browsed this site so much in the past I have actually heard about you, thank you for willing to help me and so many others!

No problem. Just keep me posted how you're doing. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Will do! I feel confident i can do it, I like your plan a lot. It makes sense. I don't understand why people are taking such a high dose? My buddy was taking 3, 8mg pills a day and is down to a quarter on his own with no noticeable wd's. Such a high dose is not needed. I also do not feel addicted to these. If I was told today I could stop without wd's I'd never touch them again. But anyway, I will keep you posted!
    Robert_325 likes this.