Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 1 Post By reno 30
Tapered to .250 Questions for Robert
    reno 30 is offline New Member

Default Tapered to .250 Questions for Robert

Hey Robert I have a couple questions for you and anyone who could help. I have been on suboxone for six years and was doing methadone and oxy's and Phentanol patches for 5 years before that. I have been doing the taper plan for the past while . I have been dropping 25% every monday and I am down to .25 mg of sub and 1 mg of klonopin. I have been real shaky ever since i went to a quarter mg. I have also had troubles staying warm even though that has been one of the symptoms through this whole process. I was wondering when would be best to jump off whether I should go off it at 1/8 mg or try and go off it next week. I also was wondering what you thought about me taking more of the klonopin to help out with the jump. I am prescribed 2 1/2 mg a day of K's and only take one mg a day. Not sure when to jump and really if there is anything special I need to know about it that would help. Thanks for all the responses .

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by reno 30 View Post
    Hey Robert I have a couple questions for you and anyone who could help. I have been on suboxone for six years and was doing methadone and oxy's and Phentanol patches for 5 years before that. I have been doing the taper plan for the past while . I have been dropping 25% every monday and I am down to .25 mg of sub and 1 mg of klonopin. I have been real shaky ever since i went to a quarter mg. I have also had troubles staying warm even though that has been one of the symptoms through this whole process. I was wondering when would be best to jump off whether I should go off it at 1/8 mg or try and go off it next week. I also was wondering what you thought about me taking more of the klonopin to help out with the jump. I am prescribed 2 1/2 mg a day of K's and only take one mg a day. Not sure when to jump and really if there is anything special I need to know about it that would help. Thanks for all the responses .

reno ..... I would try to get stable where you are before doing anything else. If you've been on 2.5mg of klonopin for some time bumping it to 1.5mg would be okay. Then when you get more stable you need to do a day skipping process rather than jumping off. I would go all the way down to .125mg before doing that. If you taper down to that dose, then do the day skipping process finishing this up should be pretty uneventful and easy for you. Let me know as you go down how I can help. Sounds like you've done awesome so far! Congratulations! God bless.
    Halloweenhead likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

reno 30 is offline New Member

7 days free of opiates aND SUBOXONE YEAH THANK-YOU
    Robert_325 likes this.