• 1 Post By dsac6060
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 1 Post By Suboxowned
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 1 Post By dsac6060
Taper Journal: Day 1 of 1mg.....
    dsac6060 is offline Member

Cool Taper Journal: Day 1 of 1mg.....

Hello all........Starting day 1 of 1 mg taper. I feel completely leveled out from my 1.5 mg dose and am starting to feel really positive. I have support from great ppl on here except my buddy Robert who I kind of was counting on the most. I havent heard from you in a long time. Hope you are ok.

Things to note:

1. WD symptoms: slight anxiety, minor sweats but are decreasing, few chills, hard to STAY asleep

2. I take vitamins and supplements to help

3. Music is a great tool, motivates me as I relate my situation to a TON of songs. I think you never realize what some songs are about until you go through something like this.

4. I have been exercising 5-6 days a week doing cardio and weight lifting. Ya, some days I dont feel like it but you know what, I man up and do it....thats my mentality.

5. Staying busy as possible with work, friends, gf whatever it may be. When I sit around is when I notice the WD .

If anyone needs help or questions to what Im feeling or doing certain things just message me on here. I check it frequently to keep my motivation going. I am so close I can feel it!!!!!!

P>S> Talked to a friend who I did not know was on suboxone but is now clean. he was initially prescribed 32 mg daily....are you kidding me????????
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Sorry I haven't replied as much as I wanted to. It seems that I can barely get away from the computer there are so many requests for help. But I told you I would be there for you and in reality this last 1mg is the most important.

If you continue the taper down to .5mg let's see how you feel after four days. That was when I started skipping days. Most go down to .25mg before they start skipping days, but let's see how you feel at .5mg.

You'll do the 1mg, then go to .75mg, then I would go to .5mg from there. That is close enough. Then we can see how you're doing and make a plan for finishing this off.

I'll stay closer to this thread than I have before. It just gets overwhelming at times trying to live a life and still talk with everyone I need to be talking with here as well. I certainly never try intentionally to blow off anyone. Hope you will accept my apology and we can move forward from here together! Like I said, this last 1mg is the most important. I'll keep my eyes out for your posts. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Sorry I haven't replied as much as I wanted to. It seems that I can barely get away from the computer there are so many requests for help. But I told you I would be there for you and in reality this last 1mg is the most important.

If you continue the taper down to .5mg let's see how you feel after four days. That was when I started skipping days. Most go down to .25mg before they start skipping days, but let's see how you feel at .5mg.

You'll do the 1mg, then go to .75mg, then I would go to .5mg from there. That is close enough. Then we can see how you're doing and make a plan for finishing this off.

I'll stay closer to this thread than I have before. It just gets overwhelming at times trying to live a life and still talk with everyone I need to be talking with here as well. I certainly never try intentionally to blow off anyone. Hope you will accept my apology and we can move forward from here together! Like I said, this last 1mg is the most important. I'll keep my eyes out for your posts. God bless.
    Robert, I apologize. I did not mean to come off rude in that way. I will continue my taper and see how i feel when i get to .5 then decide to jump or stay till .25. I know you have a REAL life outside of this forum and i am so sorry to make you think i was mad. I think sometimes it is hard to interpret tone of voice through reading text lol. Anyways, i appreciate your help. You are the reason me and so many thousands of others have been getting clean. You are an inspiration.

TRUST ME, I am so motivated to finish up and get through this last 1 mg. I am ready to do this together, but I know it is up to me in the end!

Thank you sincerely!!!!
    Robert_325 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dsac6060 View Post
    Robert, I apologize. I did not mean to come off rude in that way. I will continue my taper and see how i feel when i get to .5 then decide to jump or stay till .25. I know you have a REAL life outside of this forum and i am so sorry to make you think i was mad. I think sometimes it is hard to interpret tone of voice through reading text lol. Anyways, i appreciate your help. You are the reason me and so many thousands of others have been getting clean. You are an inspiration.

TRUST ME, I am so motivated to finish up and get through this last 1 mg. I am ready to do this together, but I know it is up to me in the end!

Thank you sincerely!!!!

I appreciate your understanding. I really attempt to get to all the posts I can. I have so many posts listed that people just kind of automatically post to me even when others could help them too. Makes it difficult sometimes.

I will stick out this last 1mg with you. As you get closer to the day skipping and all that happens at the end this is where I can help you the most. If you have any problems, which I don't foresee, but I can pull you out of about anything as you near the end. This is where my experience is most helpful, both now and during inductions. The tapering part is basically just drop 25% every four days or so which you've done a great job at.

Keep me posted as you're about ready to go to .75mg. That is exciting. If all goes as it should as well as you've done so far in about three weeks you're going to be about done with all this and be totally clean. Hang in there. God bless.
    Suboxowned likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Day 2 of 1 mg.....I feel ok, I am kind of just freaking out because of taking such small pieces its in my head that Im on a low dose. i wish I had the 2mg strips bc then the smaller mg would still be big pieces lol. Its probably all mental. My question is: Should i continue to take 2 doses a day or switch to 1 dose and if so what time?

Suboxowned is offline Member

Day 2 of 1 mg.....I feel ok, I am kind of just freaking out because of taking such small pieces its in my head that Im on a low dose. i wish I had the 2mg strips bc then the smaller mg would still be big pieces lol. Its probably all mental. My question is: Should i continue to take 2 doses a day or switch to 1 dose and if so what time?
    Good job at 1mg!!! Last week (or taper) I was taking 2 doses and I was counting the hours and minutes until my next dose time. This time around, I'm dosing when I wake up and that's it. I am going to try and stick it out because eventually, I'm only going to be able to dose once a day. It's a habit for us addicts to always be taking something. We relate that with our everyday stress.
    Something else I noticed. You know how I was complaining of anxiety? I couldn't understand why I was getting so much anxiety throughout the whole day and night. I finally started thinking it was something I was taking (like my vitamins or supplements). So, I did a lil' research and sure enough the magnesium and L-Tyrosine CAN cause anxiety and insomnia. It might not cause it in everyone, but it does to some people and I am one of them. So, yesterday, I didn't take any of the supplements except for the multivitamin and I did not have any anxiety and I slept 7+ hours last night. **Like I said, these supplements do not cause anxiety and insomnia in everybody, just some people** I AM NOT SAYING "DO NOT TAKE THESE SUPPLEMENTS". Right now, for me, not having a supportive and compassionate doctor to treat my anxiety and insomnia I need to stay away from anything that would increase it.
    How have you been feeling? How is your sleep pattern? I have finally determined, timing is everything with this taper. If you don't feel totally stable at your dose for at least 3 days, then stay there until you do have a couple of good days in a row before lowering. This is a great taper plan but some people have to move slower than others and that is totally normal since we're not all alike...I was moving to fast (like I usually do). SLOW DOWN...I'm happy and comfortable right now. When I'm healed a bit more, I'm gonna start hitting the gym and track and get this train moving again...
    Sorry I keep talking about myself........hope you are doing really well. It is close to 60 degrees right now (and that is awesome for Chicago in Feb./Mar.) but the temp is suppose to drop after noon and get chilly again. Keep in touch..........I'm always up for talking to you dsac!!!!!!!!!

Aud
    dsac6060 likes this.

I usually tell people that have been doing a split dose to switch over to dosing once a day at 1mg or less. The pieces get so small it's just easier. And the half life of subs is up to 72hours or longer. So there is no reason to continue at two doses each day where you are now.

I would dose late morning, then do it at that same time each day. You've only got a few reductions left and you'll be ready to start skipping days anyway, so by switching to one dose now that also helps prepare you mentally for that process of skipping days. Hope that makes sense. God bless.
    dsac6060 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Suboxowned View Post
    Good job at 1mg!!! Last week (or taper) I was taking 2 doses and I was counting the hours and minutes until my next dose time. This time around, I'm dosing when I wake up and that's it. I am going to try and stick it out because eventually, I'm only going to be able to dose once a day. It's a habit for us addicts to always be taking something. We relate that with our everyday stress.
    Something else I noticed. You know how I was complaining of anxiety? I couldn't understand why I was getting so much anxiety throughout the whole day and night. I finally started thinking it was something I was taking (like my vitamins or supplements). So, I did a lil' research and sure enough the magnesium and L-Tyrosine CAN cause anxiety and insomnia. It might not cause it in everyone, but it does to some people and I am one of them. So, yesterday, I didn't take any of the supplements except for the multivitamin and I did not have any anxiety and I slept 7+ hours last night. **Like I said, these supplements do not cause anxiety and insomnia in everybody, just some people** I AM NOT SAYING "DO NOT TAKE THESE SUPPLEMENTS". Right now, for me, not having a supportive and compassionate doctor to treat my anxiety and insomnia I need to stay away from anything that would increase it.
    How have you been feeling? How is your sleep pattern? I have finally determined, timing is everything with this taper. If you don't feel totally stable at your dose for at least 3 days, then stay there until you do have a couple of good days in a row before lowering. This is a great taper plan but some people have to move slower than others and that is totally normal since we're not all alike...I was moving to fast (like I usually do). SLOW DOWN...I'm happy and comfortable right now. When I'm healed a bit more, I'm gonna start hitting the gym and track and get this train moving again...
    Sorry I keep talking about myself........hope you are doing really well. It is close to 60 degrees right now (and that is awesome for Chicago in Feb./Mar.) but the temp is suppose to drop after noon and get chilly again. Keep in touch..........I'm always up for talking to you dsac!!!!!!!!!

Aud
    Hmmm maybe ill look into my supplements a little more. yes Robert told me to start taking my dose 1 time a day now since im so low. im going to try late morning and see what happens....I have been feeling alright I guess, i just mainly get anxiety and restless. I sleep ok bc im taking GABA and stuff at night. KNOCK ON WOOD. Its pouring rain here in NJ and like 48 degrees. Depressing! Yea, i stayed on 1.5 mg for like 5-6 days just till i felt better and it worked ! Great taper like u said and some ppl need more/less days than others so >> give that advice to anyone else trying it. I work out 5-6 days a week and when i am at the gym i feel great. It keeps my mind off things and away from boredom. I know its hard sometimes but try it. I have stayed away from L-tyrosine bc i dont want to be all jittery! I hate that feeling and it does not compliment my anxiety well. Glad that you are back at 1mg and stable, like i said you are that much closer even though u had a set back. NOTHING at all compared to most ppl. The light is at the end of the tunnel and we are right there.

Good hearing from you AUD!
    Suboxowned likes this.