• 1 Post By fedupnow
  • 1 Post By dsac6060
  • 2 Post By JunkieOffSubs
  • 1 Post By Suboxowned
  • 1 Post By dsac6060
  • 1 Post By dsac6060
  • 1 Post By Suboxowned
  • 1 Post By Suboxowned
Taper check in ......good but need help with anxiety!!!!
    dsac6060 is offline Member

Thumbs up Taper check in ......good but need help with anxiety!!!!

Welllllllllll DAY 3 of 2 mg. I feel fine, little wd symptoms but mainly mental stuff. Headache out the ass and stomach a little disruptive lol. My eyes hurt and my vision seems like blurred or eyes are burning at some points. Other than that I can deal. I think the sweats are starting to break or at least I hope so. My body is starting to feel an extreme change.

I dont know if its possible yet but I feel like i am gaining some emotions and feelings back. I laugh at certain stuff I probably wouldnt have and feel certain ways listening to music. is this normal????

I would like to possibly take some anti anxiety med if needed at the worst! But i;ll see how that goes. How would I let me physician know I need something like this? I am not planning on returning to my suboxone doctor as per our last visit he still wanted me on 8mg a day. SCREW THAT!!! So do I tell my physician what I am going through and see what he can help me with?
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

Suboxowned is offline Member

I had the same feeling with my eyes. Last night, I combined Melatonin and a Ambien. It worked wonders, I slept 6 hours straight!!!!!! I too am having a lot of anxiety. I just called my Sub doc and he WON'T give me anything for anxiety. He said to call a psychiatrist for anxiety and sleep trouble. He told me he would give me what ever I needed to remain comfortable. Now, he won't. WTF. I can't handle this without something for anxiety. I'll go crazy. Why would he do this?
    dsac6060 likes this.

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-22-2012 at 09:12 PM.

I called back.....and talked to a different lady and by this time I had worked myself up so much I was balling. I kept apologizing for crying but I also said a few times, "he knows I'm weening off of Suboxone. He told me he would give me whatever I needed to stay comfortable during this process and now he won't give me anything but 10 Ambien? This is why people fail at trying to get off of these strong drugs." She seemed very understanding and also said she was going to pull my chart. The other lady didn't even do that. I specifically said Klonopin or something like that. If she calls back and tells me he said no, I'm telling her "fine, I'll just go to the hospital and tell them what's going on". Right now, if any nurse or doctor took my B.P. they'd probably drop their jaw. Its really high. Nothing like being left out to dry by a Dr....

I have Valerian Root. Maybe I'll take one. I know this sounds bad, but when I have my surgery on Fri., I wish they'd put me to sleep for a few days. I hate this horrible feeling. I'M NOT TAKING ANYMORE SUB THAN I AM SUPPOSE TO. I'll have a heart attack before that, I swear. I am not letting this stuff and a freakin dr. ruin me forever. Sub is a good drug...I just wish I would have known then what I know now...
    Have a good one.
    I'll post back as soon as I hear anything.
    Aud

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-22-2012 at 09:11 PM.

fedupnow is offline Member

hey guys hang in there your doing great! I know exactly what your talking about here. I too had anxiety on days 2-3 of my tapers but you will level out again! I use a lot of music to keep my spirits up and it works wonders! My doc wouldn't even think about giving me anything other then clonidine while i was tapering. Try some gaba supplement or something otc for now.

Anxiety med's are extremely dangerous and very addicting, withdrawals can cause seizures and worse withdrawal then opiates. They may offer you something to help sleep like trazadone, seroquel or clonidine and it may help you get some rest.

Once you are at the end of your tapers and are ready to jump, talk with your doctor, let him know your issue's and you will be surprised at his reaction. I told them the same things you guys are saying. I'm afraid of that first week, i have major anxiety about jumping and needed something to pull through the week. He also knew sleeping med's during withdrawal just made things worse for me. those will come later when insomnia is my only issue..

I suspect he won't do it until your ready to jump, this way you won't get addicted to them also. I've had them for about a week now and never touched them till I jumped because i only want to suffer 1 withdrawal..

Stay strong, it may get tough but remember which dose you have already come down from.. your at that last stretch..
    dsac6060 likes this.

I have clonodine but I have heard it makes u very drowsy. U think if I took it at work i would be ok? I was prescribed 15 of the .1 mg a while back

fedupnow is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsac6060 View Post
    I have clonodine but I have heard it makes u very drowsy. U think if I took it at work i would be ok? I was prescribed 15 of the .1 mg a while back
    I would take a quarter and wait a good 45 mins then repeat until you feel ok. .1mg of clonidine slows me right down. I only use it at night in a full dose and sometimes just bits through out the day. Watch your heart rate while on it too.

thank you fed up now...i will try if it gets too bad to where i cannot handle it but im fighting instead of giving in....i have subs and i havent touched what extra amounts i have BEING STRONG
    fedupnow likes this.

JunkieOffSubs is offline New Member

Default Hello :)

I wanted to post and let you know I was in your shoes 3 weeks ago. I did the 30 week ( 6 mo) taper and started at 20mg ( too much I realize but my doc isnt well - versed in sub ) and went down 2mgs faithfully every 2 weeks. I have been following robert325's posts and he absolutly right with the gradual jump, rather than off at 2mg to zero. When I got down to 2mgs, I didnt taper quite as much as Robert suggests but it worked for me. I took my usual 2mgs for ONE week, then broke it in half and took 1mg for the next week. After that, I took 1/2 of 1mg for 2 days and felt mentally ready to jump off.

I wrote to someone else today about my fears surrounding my severe anxiety and general symptoms. I want to tell you that I was reading the negative, scary posts and letting my addict mind pull me into FROZEN fear. I thought I had made the worst choice ever, I'll never survive this and guess what? Im 8 days OFF completely. I humbly tell you, my friend, that the anxiety you are feeling is much brought on by negative info. Take a breath... I read positive posts like this and laughed out loud at how ridiculous they sounded. I wanted to be scared! Thats what addicts do!!! I found out that when I reminded myself, patiently ( which isnt easy ) that I have been taking pills/dope in vicous amounts for over 6 years. Do I truly believe my body is a machine and can be "reset" instantly? No. Which much love, I encourage you to listen to music, FEEL those feelings that are creeping back. It will pass, THAT I can promise. In a week or two, you will be free and clear.

I also want to add that, my personal expierience with suboxone, was that I was depressed, fatigued yet restless and full of anxiety while in a constant state of tapering. The day I got completely off, and I'll be honest, Im still having the chillys, but the anxiety lifted slowly over 2 days and I feel actually clear. SO COOL
    dsac6060 and goodwrench1 like this.

I have found that listening to your favorite music (and dancing a little) does work wonders!!! The lovely dr. has NOT called me back to tell me yes or no about giving me something. But, I will tell you all this (as my witness') I have an appt. with him on February 3rd. I hope to GOD I am off of this stuff by then because I am going to let him have it and walk out. Really, I don't need to go back because I have plenty to get me thru a month.
    I tried to stayed busy as much as I could today and it has worked a lot. I'm keeping my eye on the prize. I'm not letting ignorant dr.'s and these pharmacutical (sp) stop me from getting off this stuff. I'm a freight train now.....I'm not stopping.

Talk to ya's later.
    Aud
    dsac6060 likes this.

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-22-2012 at 09:11 PM.

FEDUPNOW the 1/4 of the .1 mg clonodine helped relax me a lot WOW! I am amazed. Thank you, I am glad I only took this small amount. >> like to save them for when I really need if i do at all. You're awesome, have a good night and keep in touch
    fedupnow likes this.

My G.P. came thru for me. He gave me some Ativan. He said it will help me to relax and help with my nausea. I fell asleep lastnight around 10 and slept all night till 7a. WOW....I haven't slept that good straight thru the night in a month. Also, I haven't dosed since yesterday morning at 6am. I'm freezing with the chills right now. Could be sweating in a few minutes.
    Hang in there peeps. I'm gonna kick back and relax today. I have surgery in the morning. I'll check back later.

Aud

Oh sweet! I have never had that Ativan. I guess its good if it made you sleep for 9 hours w/o waking up!!! Im happy you got some help, why are you fighting the dose since 6 am yesterday???? You're torturing yourself!!!!

Surgery??? I hope its not too serious. BC pain pills are a NO NO
    Suboxowned likes this.

Oh sweet! I have never had that Ativan. I guess its good if it made you sleep for 9 hours w/o waking up!!! Im happy you got some help, why are you fighting the dose since 6 am yesterday???? You're torturing yourself!!!!

Surgery??? I hope its not too serious. BC pain pills are a NO NO
    I don't feel any craving to take it. I don't know if its because of the Ativan and how much it has relaxxxed me. I'm not even thinking about Sub. Plus just like someone else said, A lot of the stress and anxiety is due to our own minds. I finally decided last night that I'm not on Suboxone anymore and a huge weight lifted off of my head. Now, I'm not saying that I won't have to break down and take a dose just to get me thru another couple of days. I just felt that it was time to jump. I was stressing about these damn dosing times and I was just plain stressing over it. Suboxone and Dr. Syed no longer have me in their pocket!
    Honestly, I feel fine right now. I'm a little drowsy but I can function (if needed). I think with me, I just had to tell myself what I was going to do and how to feel about it. I haven't stressed over it since Wednesday morning..........Hopefully, I'm done. I know their will probably be some harder days ahead of me, but I will deal with it when it arrives..
    We're suppose to be getting some snow here in Illinois. 1-3 inches coming soon and snowing all thru the night. I love it when it snows...... Last time it snowed they said we were only getting an inch. We ended up with 4 inches.
    Peace and love to all of my peeps..........I love you guys!!!
    Keep up the awesome work----don't let suboxone get the best of you!!!! You are better and bigger than that..............You have to convince yourself this is the best thing to be doing right now, even if it sux right now and you're hurting because of withdrawals...Show 'em who's stronger....you or sub?
    Now, I have to eat something--I feel like I'm starving to death.
    fedupnow likes this.

GREAT!!!!!! Well make sure you keep me up to date on how you are feeling. i wish you the best Sit back and enjoy the snow. Hopefully Ill be done really soon. I know in my mind when i want to be and that would be right now but I dont want to do it wrong so.

GREAT!!!!!! Well make sure you keep me up to date on how you are feeling. i wish you the best Sit back and enjoy the snow. Hopefully Ill be done really soon. I know in my mind when i want to be and that would be right now but I dont want to do it wrong so.
    I read a few people say "you'll know when you're ready..and then...you just do it!"

It will be here soon. You're not to far behind. I just got sick of this worrying about it. It was controlling my every minute.
    fedupnow likes this.

I hear ya, i feel like im ready but i dont want to make the mistake of bein too excited to get off then go through a WD lol. I seriously just want to be like "lets go, Im doing it"