Suboxone treatment question
    time2stop81 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone treatment question

I have 15 8/2mb suboxone pills and I am confused on how to take them. I have been on 150 to 300 mg a day of hydrocodone for over 6 months now and I really want to stop. Im hoping I have enough suboxone to get over the hump of withdrawal. I know i have to wait at least 24 hours after i take vicodin to start the suboxone, but i dont know what dosage i am supposed to take to start. If any one can help me with some info that would be amazing.

Goat5001 is offline New Member

I just started this evening but I have the strips. My doc says to start off with 1/2 every hour until your withdrawal symptoms stop. Do not exceed 20 mgs. Then repeat that dosage every day, same time. Did your doc not cover this with you?

time2stop81 is offline New Member

unfortunately I had to get these from a friend since I do not have insurance.

Make sure you wait 12-24 hours from your last hydrocone usage, my doc said if you take it before you are showing moderate withdrawal symptoms, you will experience bad withdrawal. I researched several websites prior to starting, there is good info on Wikipedia. I am new to this website but I'm sure there are very knowledgeable people on here willing to help.

I had to pay cash for my dr visit, $575 for a weekend appointment but I was HURTING so bad I had to do it. I'm on my third dose of 1/2 strip and I am feeling pretty good. I was taking 10-12 10mg norco every day for the last 2 years.

The suboxone is making me super dizzy but withdrawal symptoms are subsiding.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Goat5001 View Post
    I had to pay cash for my dr visit, $575 for a weekend appointment but I was HURTING so bad I had to do it. I'm on my third dose of 1/2 strip and I am feeling pretty good. I was taking 10-12 10mg norco every day for the last 2 years.

The suboxone is making me super dizzy but withdrawal symptoms are subsiding.
    you dont induct by taking half a strip every hour. you are on too much and thats why you are feeling dizzy. the best way to induct is 1mg at a time, wait at least half an hour... i will put up the link, but you are on too much.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by time2stop81 View Post
    I have 15 8/2mb suboxone pills and I am confused on how to take them. I have been on 150 to 300 mg a day of hydrocodone for over 6 months now and I really want to stop. Im hoping I have enough suboxone to get over the hump of withdrawal. I know i have to wait at least 24 hours after i take vicodin to start the suboxone, but i dont know what dosage i am supposed to take to start. If any one can help me with some info that would be amazing.
    read this link and follow this. but whatever you do, do not listen to goat and take half a strip at a time. thats far too much. he will be on too much of a dose....

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...tml#post220161

its also not got to do with 24 hours since your last vicodin, you have to be in moderate to severe withdrawl before you start... read the link and follow that.