Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
Suboxone taper
    cota23 is offline New Member

Exclamation Suboxone taper

I was just put on Suboxone two days ago and then found this site . The damn Dr. started me at 16mg. its only been two days that i have been on this so im hoping its not to late for me to drop my dose down quickly?!! i had a large oxy habit for a year about 600mg per day for last four months. i dont want to be addicted to Suboxone bad so im hopin i can get some this advice . Thank you!

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cota23 View Post
    I was just put on Suboxone two days ago and then found this site . The damn Dr. started me at 16mg. its only been two days that i have been on this so im hoping its not to late for me to drop my dose down quickly?!! i had a large oxy habit for a year about 600mg per day for last four months. i dont want to be addicted to Suboxone bad so im hopin i can get some this advice . Thank you!
    Welcome to the site cota and im glad you found it this soon after just starting suboxone. Your doctor as most do has has overprescribed you. Nobody needs 16 mg a day. I was prescribed the same amount at a cliinic and had to take it in front of them 2 days then was written a script for them I dropped to 12 mg then.Theres a plan on this site for weaning off subs but i dont know how to paste it here. Im sure someone here will come along and put it here on your thread. I would suggest you drop right away to 12 mg. I noticed no difference at all on 12 mg after taking 16 mg for 2 days.If you check some other threads the plan is on most of them on the first page. Im sure its on the thread called week 2 of suboxne by Harry Smooth. it has the link there to the taper plan by Robert325. it calls for a reduction of 25% drops after 4 days at same dose. Keep posting cota and you will see other members reply to your thread. You will get great support here and good advise by some very caring members here. best wishes to you and i will talk with you later.
    Alex
    Last edited by alexnt; 04-03-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Thank you very much! I m just hoping its not to late for me !? its been hsrd enough getting off the pain meds and on the sub , i don't need a rerun with an even stronger drug. I will drop my dose to 12mg today and would appreciate any other advice from anyone . Thnx again.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Cota Follow Alex's advice and drop to the 12mg. Here's a copy of the taper protocol

http//www.drugs.com/forum/featured-drugs/suboxone-subutex-therapy-50887.html

Read through this and make sure you are stable at the 12mg. Read around some of the threads. This happens so often Docs are more than willing to give you more sub than you really need. You are just beginning and no, it's not too late for you. The first part of the taper will go pretty fast as subs go a long way. Suboxone has a 72 hr. half life, approx. Again it is not too late, you're going to be fine!!!! Read the taper and post any questions you have. Alex knows his stuff, read his thread.

Peace,

Iloerose

Thank you so much!! I will drop to 12 mg today stay ther for 4 days then drop my dose to 10mg for 4days then 8mg for 4days then 6mg for 4 days and so on until i get down in dose and then reduce by 25% when i get around 4mg . I will def keep posting i want to be done with this oxy addiction once and for all !! It is hard still even though iam on the sub . I have no withdrawal symptoms but still think and somwhat crave doing oxy. I know that it is going to be a process but i know i must stay strong . Thank you again and any help is always much appreciated!

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

Hi Cota,
    1st off let me congratulate you on making THE most important decision of your Life! The next few weeks are going to be tough for you, sometimes exasperating, but in the end, it truly will be the most "Life Changing", and important decision you have ever made.
    Like Big AL, and Rose told you, 16mg is WAY too much Sub for you....these Doctors have NO Clue how to prescribe Subs, they merely go by what the Drug Manufacturers tell them, and in the long run they merely want your Business for as LONG as they can get it.
    Ok, now that you have dropped to 12mg, (I am assuming you took Al's and Rose's Advice and dropped to 12) Lets stay on that dose for 4 or 5 days and see how you feel....if you do not feel stable, and fairly "normal"...stay on 12mg for another day or two...the whole point is to get you Stable, and ready for your next jump, but you MUST listen to what your body is telling you! If on Sunday your feeling pretty good, feeling stable, lets get you down to 9mg then.that is a 25% Reduction, and should be no problem whatsoever! I will work you up a reduction table if you like and post it for you to follow. Big Al, and Rose will be here with you as well, so between the 3 of us, there should always be someone here for you! I;ll check in on you several times a day, so if you have any questions, issues, just let me know and we willget them resolved together!
    Your taking a BIG Step Bro...and you CAN and WILL do this man!!! You just have GOT to stay focused and keep your eye on the Target!
    I am assuming you are on the Sub Strips Correct? Not the Pills?
    if so, when we get you down to the smaller doses, I am going to ask you to request the 2mg Strips from your Dr., Actually the Next time you go, ask for the 2mg Strips...they are SO much easier to cut and manage you just have no idea!
    I had SO much trouble cutting those 8mg strips because I was {{{{{{SHAKING}}}}}}} like a Leaf, and I was having a FIT! Just drove me CRAZY, but the Minute I got the 2mg Strips things got SO much better I just couldnt believe it! Any little thing to make this ordeal easier is welcome as far as I am concerned!

Well, your off to a GREAT Start Cota, you hang in there man, stay focused, and you WILL get there!
    I was hooked on the Oxys too.....300-400mg a day, and it almost cost me EVERYTHING! At $30 a pop, Oh YEAH......I almost lost my business, my Friends, EVERYTHING.....but this site, and the People on it Literally Saved my Life!
    Rose for one!!! SHe stuck by me from the beginning and was a GOD SEND! Big AL......SUPER GOOD Guy! He to has stuck by me as well!
    Thats what we do here....Help One another!
    I'll check back in on you a lil later man!
    Have a GReat Day!
    Harry
    alexnt and Iwanttobeclean like this.

Hey Rose & Al...
    I didnt mean to "Jump right in" and take over lol.....I just reread what I wrote and thats EXACTLY what it sounds like! LOL.....I apologize....It was not my intent guys.....Forgive me??????

Thanks everyone again ! should i expect to feel much withdrawal while dropping doses at this much? I always tend to overthink things and have alot of anxiety issues, One of the main reasons i got hooked on oxy. I am a small buisness owner and my job is very physical demanding , i just wanted to know if u really feel the dropping of doses much especially at this high of a dose?

Hey Cota...
    I completely understand your apprehension on the drops....but you should not feel any difference between your drops especially since you began at such a High Dose!
    Did you drop to 12mg already? If so, did you feel any difference? You shouldnt! And you probably will not at ANY of your drops if you just maintain the 25% drops....and remember...if, for some reason you DO feel a little anxiety or any symptoms whatsoever...just hold there! Dont drop again until you feel completely Stable. Now your going to feel a little bit of something thruout your drops....I mean nothing is completely Symptom Free....maybe some RLS, night sweats, a lil Anxiety, but it should not be anything you cant handle, and for many, there is nothing....they feel completely normal...everyone is different....
    But dont "Talk yourself into something" that is not there Bro~! LOL.....we ALL have done it, and it is normal, but try not too....once you get rolling, and been thru a couple of drops, you'll find its a piece of cake, and you will fly right thru it.....stay Positive, try to excersize and and eat right....take your vitamins, especially some B-12/B-6 and maybe some L-Tyrosine, drink plenty of gatorade, and take some Hot baths to relax....
    Your gonna make it thru this man.....you'll see!
    iloerose likes this.

Like Harry says You should not feel the drop in the dosing at the level you're at. Subs are pretty powerful, so you have quite a bit in your system. Have you read the thread I posted? You're going to be good to go here. Besides you've got Alex and Harry here. I suggest you read some of the threads. You may have some symptoms later on, but we'll deal with those when they come up. Right now, the best thing you can do is to keep a positive attitude. A physically demanding job will help you in the long run it will keep you busy and the exercise will help you physically. Stay strong!

Peace,

Iloerose

talangor is offline Junior Member

cota

Coming from only one year Oxy habit you really do not need Bupe. You are hopping from a ditch into a deep well. Bupe is a very strong opiate extracted from the most potent alkaloid of the poppy, next to >>>>>> (which was initially marketed to treat morphine addiction) it is the hardest opiate to quit.

I would stop Bupe right away , you can taper slowly with your old DOC. Or just go cold turkey.

talangor thank you for your reply but i was on 600-800mg a day of oxy and 90% was not prescribed. I wasted $70,000.00 on my habit . I tried two detoxs and tried to taper but could not control my addiction. This was the last resort and im trying my best to stay positive. No offense but im already worried enough about the position i am in and dont need to here that iam in a worse spot than i was before.

Btw Harry and Rose Yes i did drop to 12 today and will stay there till sat or sunday then drop to 9mg for 4 or 5 more days. I m just really worried after all the research i have been doing the last few days and the post above my last just made this worse , the last thing i want to here is that i should go back to oxy bc Bupe is worse. I honestley get nothing enjoyable from taking the sub other than that i am not withdrawing and going crazy trying to keep myself "normal " throughout the day . i dont want to be on the sub for a long time i just want to taper as fast as i can and get off with minimal withdrawal. The withdrawal from the amount of oxy i was on was imposssible ! I was obsessed with the oxy and needed a way out of the routine and habit of doing it . I hope iam not being rude i just dont need to be told iam getting into a worse spot than i was in before.

Quote Originally Posted by talangor View Post
    cota

Coming from only one year Oxy habit you really do not need Bupe. You are hopping from a ditch into a deep well. Bupe is a very strong opiate extracted from the most potent alkaloid of the poppy, next to >>>>>> (which was initially marketed to treat morphine addiction) it is the hardest opiate to quit.

I would stop Bupe right away , you can taper slowly with your old DOC. Or just go cold turkey.
    Talengor, this is quite enough. What you are saying is NOT true. There have been literally thousands of people here who have gone through the 6-8 week taper protocol and who have gotten clean through this method WITHOUT BECOMING ADDICTED TO THE SUB!!!! STOP TRYING TO NEGATIVELY IMPACT SOMEONE ELSE'S RECOVERY.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Iwanttobeclean likes this.

Cota Do NOT listen to the poster who is telling you to go back to oxy to taper. Man, I NEVER would have been able to do that. C/T at your level of use is doable, but the w/d can be horrendous. I believe that you did exactly the right thing. The thing is that you don't want to be on subs for an extended period of time and there is no reason why you need to be. If you get the taper going and working for you, (please make sure you've read through it) there is NO reason to worry. Robert_325 found that people determined to get clean could be successful tapering in a period of 6-8 weeks. Will you have some symptoms? Probably, will they be as bad as the nightmare you've been in? NO. You are NOT getting in a worse spot than you were before. This is absolutely doable and with minimum w/d. I've been on this board for three years. Alex has been through this, Harry has been through this. Kikker has been through this. Can we work this, yes. You are in absolutely good hands here. Do I believe you can do this taper? Of course I do!!! Wouldn't be here if I didn't have all the faith in the world that you CAN do this. Do not listen to the stuff from the above poster, it's nonsense.
    You are going to be fine listen to what Alexnt says, read his thread and posts, Harry (he's always a bit hyper) but he has given you good advice. Stay Strong!

Peace,

Iloerose
    alexnt likes this.

Cota i nevr noticed any difference in how i felt with my drops. Never felt any WD at all thru my whole taper. Pay no attention to what Talanger told you. If you could taper off oxys you wouldnt be here now. I would try to taper with oxys and i just couldnt do it. If the pills were there in front of me i would just do them. As for going cold turkey ugh u would suffer bad. The good thing about suboxone is i never felt high on it so tapering with subs was no problem. Just follow the taper plan and you should be fine.
    alex
    iloerose likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HarrySmooth View Post
    Hey Rose & Al...
    I didnt mean to "Jump right in" and take over lol.....I just reread what I wrote and thats EXACTLY what it sounds like! LOL.....I apologize....It was not my intent guys.....Forgive me??????
    No need to apologize Harry.Glad you jumped in and glad to see your back posting
    Alex

Hey Cota.....I am so sorry I didnt check in last night....I got home from work, flipped on my recording of "Justified" and next thing I knew it was 3AM!!! LOL
    Anywayyy I cannot EVEN believe what Talagor, or whatever his name was, told you! HA! YEah, Im SURE he went "Cold Turkey" from 300+mg of Oxys a day!!! DONT listen to a WORD of it Bro! You'll get these "Kooks" in here all the time! Just stick with your "Team Members" and focus on getting Clean man!
    Rose is "Spot On".....Make sure to Read Robert_325's Taper Plan over & over...Read it, LIVE it! LOL....Just make sure you completely understand it.
    Your right on track man....you did your drop to 12mg (CONGRATS) with no negative symptoms right?
    Any Symptoms at ALL?
    And your set to drop to 9mg on Sunday, good Job! Your moving right along Man, Perfect!Please dont let Negative People (Talagor) impact your thinking Cota...trust me they will come and go, but Rose, Big Al, and mysself will be here with you the ENTIRE way! So dont let them get to you!

Sure you always run the risk of becoming addicted to the Subs as well...IF, (BIG IF) you do not follow your Taper plan, and veer off course doing your OWN thing...some people stay on the Subs for YEARS! BUT...if you follow your Taper Plan to the Letter...you will be FINE! You will come to the end of your taper and will be DONE with them FOREVER!!!! So Stay Focused, and Stick with the Plan!!!!

I know when I FIRST attempted to get off of my 300-400mg Oxy Habit, I didnt HAVE this site at first...and I thought I could do the "Cold Turkey"! I threw em down on a weds....by Friday I was "Climbing the WALLS!" I was Hallucinating, seeing stuff crawling on the walls that wasnt there...Shaking, Sweats, I peed in my pants, Huuddled up in a corner, feeling like I was going to DIE! I have NEVER Been thru ANYTHING like that since my old >>>>>> Days of the 70's....but this was WORSE! ...I THOUGHT!!!
    But it gets worse...when I found this "Subs" Doc...he OVER-dosed me with Subs...Like most do...they have NO idea how to prescribe Subs...so he started me on a Whopping 8mgs of Subs....Now that doesnt sound like much to You Im sure, because of the HUGE amt they started you on....
    But Trust me, when You are already IN Withdrawals, this is VERY Dangerous...it put me in what is called "PWS"or "Precipitated Withdrawals" which feel like regular Oxy Withdrawals on CRACK!!!! THE most HORRIBLE tthing I have EVER experienced!!!!!! and trust me , you dont EVER wanna go thru it!

So anyway, you are RIGHT on Track Bro.....stay firm, Stay Committed, and above all Stay Focused! We are all hhere to help you, and will be right here when you need us!!!! I may be slow at times replying to you...as Igotta Work, and do my normal, everyday stuff....but you can trust I WILL get back to you as fast as I can!
    One of us will always be close Bro....Rose, is a GOD send, one of the most Knowledgable and Caring people here, and is my Good Friend as well as Mentor...and Big AL....Well, what can I say about my man Al....he is just tthe Best!!!! A Good Friend, and Mentor as well....

you hang in there man....you have your "Cheering Section" now...just keep moving AHEAD!

Have a GReat Day Cota...and I'll check back in on ya later!!!

Your Pal Harry
    Last edited by HarrySmooth; 04-04-2013 at 06:05 AM.
    alexnt and iloerose like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HarrySmooth View Post
    Hey Rose & Al...
    Oh Harry, How could I not forgive you for "butting in" LOL.

rose

LOL Rose! Your a DOLL!!!!!
    I DID just kinda "Jump in"...I'm sorry.....I just got to "reading" cotas posts, and just had SO much to say! LOL.....I couldnt help myself! Im Sorry!
    Rainy and nasty here....UGH...gotta get to work!!! Talk to ya'll soon!!!!!!!!

Hey Cota....
    How goes it Man??? You feeling ok this afternoon? Wanted to stop by and check up on ya man! Lemme know how you are feeling, and if your having any issues at all...no matter how small....I am interested to know exactly what your feeling....
    Oh, and also, let me know if your dosing once or twice per day...and what times ok???
    THanks Bro!!!!!
    I'll check back in on ya soon!

Harry

Hey everyone i have been dosing 2 times aday once around 730am and again around 4pm . I have had a little anxiety and some sleep issues but nothing else really . I am still thinking about the oxy though ? but i quess that passes in time . I have started to see a counselor and will also be going to NA once week or as much as i have time for. Thank you guys for everything ! Harry one question man when u did make your jump was the fatigue,sleep issues and depression that bad ? i know i should just be taking it day by day but just was wondering ? THNX AGAIN!

Harry has about three threads on the suboxone board. His first one is locked but you can still read it. Alex's thread is also a good one to read. As you go, we'll deal with issues that come up. However, if you do this right any issues you may have will be able to be managed and we can keep them minimal. There are supplements you can take, for example valerian root for anxiety, though I believe most of your anxiety is due to the changes you are going through and the fears. Best thing for anxiety though is to stay busy and keep out of your head. Exercise is key. As for sleep, try some melatonin or some over the counter sleep aid. STAY HYDRATED. You can do this. Harry will be back later, Alex will also check in. You are going to fine you just have to want this more than anything you've ever wanted in your life.

Peace,

Iloerose

Heyyyy Cota,
    Sorry man....had to do some Grocery shopping and some errands....
    Thats good your dosing twice daily, I found that worked out better for me...I dosed at 9am and 6pm, the later dose seemed to help me sleep a little...and I STILL think about the Oxys all the time Bro...hey, it was a HUGE part of our life for a LONG time....your not going to just "forget about em" overnight....but you just have to try to replace those thoughts with thoughts of what it is going to be like to be 100% CLEAN! No more hustling around trying to find the Oxy....no more counting change wondering where the Money for your next pills are going to come from....no more hiding them from your loved ones...I can go on and on...but I think you get the picture....
    Now the Tough question, and I aint gonna "sugar coat" it bro....the Fatigue, Sleep Issues and RLS WAS the hardest thing for me to overcome man....if you go back on some of my old Threads, you will see that I was battling RLS for the LONGEST time! And with RLS comes what?....INSOMNIA! ACK GAK!!!! But ya know what I did? I freakin fought with it, and fought with it for the LONGEST time, until one night I had just HAD IT! I said F%&^ THIS....I "EMBRACED IT"....I said "Well, If I aint gonna Sleep, then I aint gonna sleep....not gonna fight it NO MO!!! So I just "GOT UP"! I read, watched TV....Cleaned house...whatEVER...Walked, Took a swim in the Pool....I did ANything except lay in that Bed and FIGHT IT! And finally, I would get tired, and Sleepy and fall asleep....Yeah, I had to work the next day, but I just went to work DOG tired...and the next night I slept...but yeah....the RLS was kickin my butt! I didnt have much depression though...a few bouts of it...but I just talked my way out of em...watched A LOT of TV LOL....but a couple of weeks after my final drop, it seems everything fell back into place.
    In short....this aint no "Cake Walk" man....it is Tough...one of the toughest things I ever did...but WOW, was it worth it!
    Now Please, dont get discouraged....everyone is different...some say they "Breezed thru" the drops with Zero issues....others Struggled like Hell with it....I think I was somewhere in the middle....but I just kept telling myself...."No More $300/Day! No more Rushing around town trying to FIND some Oxy when my guy was OUT....No more FREAKING out when I couldnt find any.....UGH.....I dont miss ANY of that at ALL!!!!!

Well Dude, I'm not sure if I helped ya, or Hurt ya! LOL...I would LOVE to tell ya "yeah, its a walk in the park"...but it just aint so.....but its not all that Bad either! Nothing at ALL you cant handle Bro!!!!!
    Ill be checkin back in a couple of times before Beddie Bye, Hit me up if ya need to man!!!
    Have a GReat Night!!!
    Harry

AND....Rose is EXACTLY Right!!!! Most of your Depression and Anxiety I feel are rooted in the Quick Changes youve just made Bro.....I mean, youve gone from Addicted to 600+mg of Oxys a Day, to a few mg of Subs....SURE there is gonna be some Psychological changes going on in your mind....its probably going 90mph isnt it? LOL....Youre probably anxious about your drops....fearing the ol Withdrawals the most....Try to calm down, dont "think " so much LOL...our minds are our WORST enemies LOL...thats why I watched alot of TV ...kept my mind busy....I couldnt focus long enough to read...but TV handed everything to me on a silver platter~! LOL
    Melatonin did WONDERS for me to help me sleep, but only later on in my therapy....the 1st couple of weeks were the hardest for me...Read back thru some of my threads....you will see the Turmoil I THOUGHT I was in...LOL.....had I known what I know now....things would have been a LOT easier on me!!!!
    Last edited by HarrySmooth; 04-04-2013 at 08:33 PM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by cota23 View Post
    Hey everyone i have been dosing 2 times aday once around 730am and again around 4pm . I have had a little anxiety and some sleep issues but nothing else really . I am still thinking about the oxy though ? but i quess that passes in time . I have started to see a counselor and will also be going to NA once week or as much as i have time for. Thank you guys for everything ! Harry one question man when u did make your jump was the fatigue,sleep issues and depression that bad ? i know i should just be taking it day by day but just was wondering ? THNX AGAIN!
    Cota you just started suboxone and your already asking about issues for when you jump. LOL relax my friend ok and lets take this day by day for now. You and i have 2 things in common in that we both were at 16mg for 2 days then dropped to 12 mg. I stayed on 12 mg for a couple weeks because i didnt know any better at the time as i didnt find the forums here till i had been on suboxne for over a month. Theres a saying about suboxne that less is best and its entirely true. As funny as that sounds you will find out that as you get to lower amounts you will feel better. I know the first week i was on suboxne it was a little rough. Anxiety and insomnia lack of appetite and sone constipation to. If your going thru any of this trust me it will pass soon. Like Harry said our minds can be our worst enemy. Youve made a huge change in your life for the better tho. Like Harry suggested make sure you are stable at 12 mg which should be quick then drop to 9 mg. Heres a few things i took after i started my taper which you might want to consider. A multivitamin multimineral supplement daily. Balanced b complex vitamin daily. Potassium supplement daily. L-Tyrosine with b6 included in it as it wont work without the b6. The L-tyrosine is for energy and is suppose to be taken on a empty stomach. Some people say it made them to jittery so if you take it i would suggest only 1 500 mg and see how it makes you feel. Excersize also can help you out during your taper so i dont know how active you are but any excersize you can get will be beneficial. No 2 people are exact cota and its not possible to tell you exactly how you are going to feel both physically and mentally during your taper. Just stay on target for now and any question at all that you have post it. Even if it seems like a dumb question ask it. Ive read a ton of threads on this site over the last few months and have seen people wean off of larger doses then 16 mg and i can honestly tell you that almost every single persons thread i have read is that they had no problems when they started dropping from huge doses. Almost all of them felt better as they got to smaller doses. Best wishes cota and i will be around while you go thru your journey of getting clean. Any help i can be to you i will be more then happy to help you along.
    Alex
    iloerose and HarrySmooth like this.

OUTSTANDING Big AL!!!
    I cant add a Thing to that! Except that I did the L-tyrosine as well and it helped me immensely..I found it on Amazon cause I couldnt find it here in my lil town....
    and let me re-enforce what Big Al just said....Please Bro...try not to focus on tomorrow....just today! I know, I know...its a Beeeatch....but you will see, its a waste of good "thinkin" lol....just focus on getting thru today and yyou'll be fine....
    I see you havent posted since yesterday...is everything OK man?? Please shoot us a post and let us know how your doing man...if nothing more than a quick "I'm oK".....its very important to post as much as you can man....it does several things....it helps YOU focus, and keep your mind in the game.....it lets US know how your doing...as when we begin working with someone, we also begin "Caring" for someone....and when we dont hear ffrom you, we Worry....just like a Mom, worrying about her kids being out too late LOL.....But in all seriousness, we DO begin caring ALOT about the people we are working with, and want to know how your doing...

Well, its Dreary and Rainy here in the Sunshine State LOL...s'pose to rain all weekend, ACK....so I reckon I'llbe on here more than usual...so shoot us a post Bro....

Talk to you sooN!

You guys have been awsome ! Thank you for the support i am trying to take it day by day and am doing my best to be positive and stay active . I'm soooo late for work lol im an arborist in the north east and its been hard climbing trees through this but Harry you are def right it is much better than the worry and hustle and ups and downs than come with always needing the oxy ! i cant wait till this is done and i am going to stick it out and stay strong .... Just HAVE to stay out of my head !!!!!
    THANKS EVERYONE!!! TTYL

BTW keep waking up around 430 every morning and the anxiety and constipation is there but like AL said i just got on the sub and am adjusting to it . I know i am also detoxing fromm all the oxy as well so that must play a role in some of these feelings. TTYL ALL )

Hey Cota,
    I gotta run to my Shop real quick....my gal just called and I have some issues I HAVE to take care of right away....Ill write back to ya the Minute I get back home Bro!!!!
    Hang TOugh Man!!!!! Your ON the ROAD Man!!!!!!!!!

Oh of COURSE detoxing from that HUMONGOUS Amount of Oxy per day is playing a HUGE role in those feelings you are experiencing Cota ol Buddy! I mean, HOLY Smokes Batman, 600mg of Oxy'x a day is an Incredibly Serious amount of Pills Bro!!!
    A Rhinoceros wouldn't feel a baZOOKA up his Rump with 600mg's in him Bro!!! I thought I was Slammin em down man, at 300-400/day, but 600! WOW! Although I think I COULD have done that many a day if I had the Funds to support it, but I was paying like $30 a POP for those Puppies, and at $300-$400/Day it was QUICKLY wiping me out! I dunno how much YOU were paying for them, and it doesn't matter at this point, but it HAD to be STAGGERING !!! Thats a LOT of Trees to cut Bro!!! LOL And I had to Sell a LOT of Cigars to support MY habit as well! That is just ONE of the reasons I HAD to quit, I was running my Business into the GROUND, and it SHowed!!!!! Empty Shelves that had once housed any NUMBER of different items I was selling....my Employees were asking me "Whats going on Harry? Why aren't we Ordering Product?"...and of course I would BS em into believing I was having Health problems and was spending the money on Doctors...which would generate False Concerns and sympathy for my Well-Being which made me feel like the biggest JERK on the Planet....and I WAS!
    I finally "came Clean" with everyone...my Employees, my Friends, Family, (Thank GOD I am not married or I would have had a BUTTLOAD to Explain away!!!)

But anywayyyyyyy, (like how I ramble so much I forget what I was talking about in the 1st place? LOL)
    Sure, your going to have feelings of Anxiety, maybe a lil Depression...COnstipation, etc....but this too shall pass my Friend...sometimes not as quickly as we might like, but hey..."Rome wasn't built in a day" and we didn't build our addictions in a day either!
    People want a "Quick Fix" to a Deep Rooted Problem that took some us YEARS to acquire & Develop, and it just ain't gonna happen Bro!
    We did this to ourselves, slowly, over time, and thats EXACTLY the way we have to defeat it! Slowly, Methodically, and over time....but Ohhhhhhhhhh the Sweet, SWEET rewards we receive at the end of the tunnel man! For some of us, we will relapse, Time & Time again...some "Kick it" right out of the Gate and never look back. Everyone's different, but we ALL share one common denominator...we ALL have the WANT, and the NEED to GET, and STAY CLEAN!!!!!!

I dunno about you, but I have been doing Drugs since I was 14...I began smokin the Herb with my buddy, (that is STILL my Best Friend to this day) then we started Snortin Coke..and Speed thruout High School...did some Downers along the way, back then Reds (Seconol) and "Gorilla Biscuits" (Quaaludes) and of course "Mt Fuji's" (topping weed with ground up Ludes and smoking it in a Bong) Then I went into the Service and they shot me straight to Nam...which at the time was towards the end of the war, (74-75) but we were evac'ing Troops from Tan Son Nhut Air Base, and Saigon, but with some free time along the way I got into >>>>>>...And ohhhhh Man, THAT my friend was the beginning of a VERY Long and Arduous battle with our little Friend the "Opiates"....UGH!
    That went on for Years and YEARS until finally around my 28th Birthday I had had ENOUGH!! And Jumped off THAT Train "C/T" (Cold Turkey)...WOW...I thought that was the Hardest thing I had EVER done in my LIFE, (and it WAS...at the time)...(Here I go with the "Life Story Thing...LOL) from then on out it was Coke, Speed (Meth) and a myriad of different, sometimes "Designer" Drugs until around 1996 or so and I got on the "Hydros" I got from the VA. 5/500's at first...the 10/500's, then Percocet 10/325's...and stayed with that for a few years, then the VA jumped me up to 15mg Oxys then on to 30's which I stayed at until I quit last October using the Subs! But before the Subs I tried to quit C/T using Methadone I got off the Street...I was doing 5-10 of those a day, (dont remember the mg) and Xanax to help calm me down along with the Dones...didnt work! So when I went into W/D's the Last time they were BAD!!! REAL BAD!!! I believe I was withdrawing from not only the Oxy, but the Dones & Zannies as well!!!!! BOOM BAM!!!!!!!! TRIPLE Whammy! Then the Idiot Doc hit me with 8mg's of Subs my 1st Dose which sent me into PWS (Precipitated Withdrawls) and that Night while {{{{{QUAKING}}}}}} I found this site, and Rose & Kikker found ME!!! They talked me down, got me stabilized and on the right Dose, and MAN OH MAN I felt like a NEW man by Daybreak!!!!

WOW, I'm pooped now...LOL...Need a NAP! HA!
    Anywayyyyyyyyy, sorry for the LongWinded post about ME...this is about YOU man, but I just wanted you to know a lil about my History so you didn't think I was just some "PoDunk" Reformed OxyHead just Thumping my Podium because Im Freshly CLean!!! LOL....Ive been there and Done it all man, and Im right there WITH YA!!!!

So with ALL of that Said, LOL....Im anxious to see how your day went, and how you felt...Drop me a line and fill us in when ya can! I know your tired after work...that is NOT an easy Job I know, but if you get a minute drop us a "Quick One" if ya don't mind!
    I'll be around a little later to check in with ya!!!

Talk at cha Soon!

HArry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast