Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Suboxone/Subutex ... show positive on drug test?
    Robert_325 is offline Retired

Default Suboxone/Subutex ... show positive on drug test?

Will using Subuxone/Subutex show up as positive for opiates on an employment drug screen?

MickiMouse is offline New Member

Arrow Re: suboxone

SUBUTEX sublingual tablets contain buprenorphine HCI.

Buprenorphine is a partial agonist at the mu-opioid receptor and an antagonist at the kappa-opioid receptor. Naloxone is an antagonist at the mu-opioid receptor.
    Last edited by MickiMouse; 04-07-2008 at 01:08 PM.
    ~MICKI~

deedehart is offline New Member

Talking Show up???

Quote Originally Posted by MickiMouse View Post
    SUBUTEX sublingual tablets contain buprenorphine HCI.

Buprenorphine is a partial agonist at the mu-opioid receptor and an antagonist at the kappa-opioid receptor. Naloxone is an antagonist at the mu-opioid receptor.
    Suboxine/Subutex- won't show up as opiates, There are tests however for the suboxine itself. I've been on it for a few months and when my doc tests me for opiates. I"M CLEAN" YAY!! They truly have saved my life!
    Good Luck

UNEEK1 is offline Member

Default Yay!!!!

I started Suboxone yesterday, 4/22/08 and I start back to work on Wed. 4/30/08. I work for a world wide delivery company and I've got a feeling I will be "randomly" drug tested when I go back for pain medication. Since I have been off on medical for my back for about a 3-4 weeks (really it was because I was hooked on the hydrocodone pills and I my head was not screwed on right), luckily my doc filled out my papers saying it was for my back but full well knowing it was because of my consumption of pain pills. I do really have a fractured coccyx, Degenerative Disc Disease and some arthritis, but I started to abuse the pills and 12 months was long enough for feeling like a zombie. So I am glad to hear that if I do have to take a drug test, I will test clean. YAY!

reaper1911 is offline New Member

Exclamation Experience

I get drug tested monthly twice by my probation officer and by my addiction clinic I was addicted to oxymorphone, and was but on suboxone. I take 3 8mg tablets a day never once has it read a positive for my probation officer on a standard five test until yesterday that is..

I took the test put the card in we talked went in to see the results and he said why does it say you are positive for opiates when in fact I have not taken any kind of opiates except for my suboxone which is prescribed to me. My probation officer knows that I am prescribed suboxone and I said to him that there is no way and I will retake the test our you can send it into the lab because I have not done any opiates in half a year. So my probation officer says "I am going to assume that the suboxone is giving off some kind of reading because the line for positive was only slightly there." So now I am worried that my probation officer is going to have a fit the next time I take the test and it reads a false positive, well I am going to tell him to send it into a lab because I know for a fact I am clean and have been proud to be clean and think that suboxone has done miracles for me. The point of this story is that I tested positive for opiates in a standard nida 5 test. I am going to have to ask my doctor why this is happening because I really don't like it.

Any one else have any stories let me know please!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 04-10-2010 at 08:36 PM.

I wondered about subutex and suboxone showing up on tests myself. If you look I started this thread back in April. I was beyond using subutex then but I didn't know if it would show up or not.

I can say now that with all of the people I have talked to over the last six months or so about buprenorphine showing up on a drug test I have never heard from one single person that had it showed up positive. And there have been LOTS of people that I have talked to. I don't understand at all.

Yes suboxone and subutex are opiates. But they are only supposed to show up on a test that checks for buprenorphine. It's not ever supposed to show up on a standard five or nine panel drug test. I don't have an answer for you as to why you tested differently. I'm confused. Please let us know if you find an answer. I would really like to know. Thanks.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 04-10-2010 at 08:37 PM.

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

Five panel and nine panel will at times show false positives... that is why there is a second line of testing.... it could of been something you ate..... could of been you by chance "melted" a ole amino acid, could be faulty test strip, could be anything. I was worred about this myself and tested myself 5 times under different circumstants... I came up positve one out of 5. If you come up positive they MUST send it to a lab for more detailed testing and then you will be cleared. relax...... it will be okay. I promise. As long as your not using anything other then the sub you will be good to go.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 04-10-2010 at 08:36 PM.

reaper1911 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by sisterwin2 View Post
    Five panel and nine panel will at times show false positives... that is why there is a second line of testing.... it could of been something you ate..... could of been you by chance "melted" a ole amino acid, could be faulty test strip, could be anything. I was worred about this myself and tested myself 5 times under different circumstants... I came up positve one out of 5. If you come up positive they MUST send it to a lab for more detailed testing and then you will be cleared. relax...... it will be okay. I promise. As long as your not using anything other then the sub you will be good to go.

I would think so too. So next time if it does happen I am going to have him send it to a lab. I think that some people metabolize bupe different and maybe that's why it will show up for some and not for others and also maybe it depends on your dosage I my self am at a pretty high dose. Who knows I guess I have nothing to worry about because I know for a fact I am clean.

breannej27 is offline New Member

Default Subutex ahhhhh?????

i recently found out that i showed positive for opiates on a urine screen. I have been on subutex for 6 months now and i am proud to be clean!! I did not use! I dont know why this happened. I was taken to the hospital by my cps worker and had never had a screen done there before- they did not ask me what medications i was on. I dont know if this is the reason- usually they seperate out the subutex and test for it...still i have heard it isnt supposed to show up as an opiate?? This is really going to screw me up! I think i am going to get a hair test done though so i can prove it- they never believe you when you say you did not use!!!

breannej27 is offline New Member

The point of this story is that i tested positive for opiates in a standard nida 5 test. I am going to have to ask my doctor why this is happening because i really don't like it.

Any one else have any stories let me know please![/quote]

i recently found out that i showed positive for opiates on a urine screen. I have been on subutex for 6 months now and i am proud to be clean!! I did not use! I dont know why this happened. I was taken to the hospital by my cps worker and had never had a screen done there before- they did not ask me what medications i was on. I dont know if this is the reason- usually they seperate out the subutex and test for it...still i have heard it isnt supposed to show up as an opiate?? This is really going to screw me up! I think i am going to get a hair test done though so i can prove it- they never believe you when you say you did not use!!!

cantstanditnomore is offline New Member

Hi! I am new to this website & am on Suboxone. I simply can't figure out how to post or reply properly, though! If Robert sees this, could you email me (VINTAGETVDOCTOR@aol dot com) and let me know how I can post & reply? I am out of my Subs a week early & tapered some, but am feeling like I am gunna DIE! Can't sleep, achy, etc. Can't get a refill for a week & then my sub doc is going to start me on the new sub films. I am so sick of sub & just want to be pill free! HELLLP & on top of that don't even know if anyone's going to see this because this site is too complicated for me!

Exclamation IN SUB DT's...uuuuggghh

OK...now I got THIS far, so I THINK I have figured out that this is posting. I started Sub 6 months ago to treat my opiate addiction/ vicodin habit that went on for 2 &1/2 yrs. after getting hooked on em' due to bad teeth. I finally broke down & talked to my Aunt & she said if I could find treatment of some sort, she'd help me financially, since my habit cost me my business & I had no more income. She also paid to have the rest of my teeth yanked & dentures installed to fix the root cause of me getting vikes prescribed all the time......I, having a compusive nature & no more "credit" with my dealer looked for a quick answer & got roped into the Suboxone. Here in MI, each visit to the doc costs my Aunt $150.00 & the Subs were another $450.00 on top of that! She said she couldn't help meafter a couple months as it was just getting too costly, so I enrolled in Suboxone's patient assistance program & now get the subs for free, but still, my Aunt pays $150.00 for every month's visit. I have been "clean" for about 4 &1/2 mo. now, taking my subs (2mg 4x daily) as prescribed, but have had the nagging that I am just trading 1 addiction 4 another. The subs make me feel nausiated & "knock me out" sometimes so bad, that I literally pass out & go into a DEEP sleep for an hour or so, along with making me break out in an intermittent rash. My doc is COMPLETELY inaccessible & ONLY talks to me briefly when I go in to "re-up". When he started me on subs, he just handed me a script & sent me on my way...which is pretty much all he does, besides pee testing me every month to make sure I'm clean. He always avoids the subject when I ask "how long I have to be on these things", "why do they make me feel real bad" & "why do they knock me out sometimes & make me feel like I just ate speeders another time"? Yeah...now, here I am, free from opiates, but, I was very stressed this last month & started taking an extra 1 so I could sleep at night & cut myself short. I am sick of these nasty things, so I "tapered" with the last 20 pills I had as follows: week1: spread my doses out to 6 hours apart so I only took 3 a day, then, for 3 days 2 a day, 2 days 1 a day, yesterday & today 1/2 a day & now I'm out....a week early....I feel AWFULL...WORSE than vike w/d's...how long's this gunna last? I can't sleep, my back ACHES horribly & the mental agony is excrutiating! Someone PLEASE tell me I'm gonna live thru this! Should I "re-up" next Wed. after suffering for a week, or should I just quit the subs altogether, having a week of w/d under my belt by then? I'm scared the w/d's might make me wanna use again if they get much worse, & a call to my Sub doc got me the reply, by his nurse, "you're just gonna have to tuff it out as Subs are a controlled substance & we will NOT refill them early for you"....GOD....HELLPP MEEE!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 10-13-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstanditnomore View Post
    OK...now I got THIS far, so I THINK I have figured out that this is posting. I started Sub 6 months ago to treat my opiate addiction/ vicodin habit that went on for 2 &1/2 yrs. after getting hooked on em' due to bad teeth. I finally broke down & talked to my Aunt & she said if I could find treatment of some sort, she'd help me financially, since my habit cost me my business & I had no more income. She also paid to have the rest of my teeth yanked & dentures installed to fix the root cause of me getting vikes prescribed all the time......I, having a compusive nature & no more "credit" with my dealer looked for a quick answer & got roped into the Suboxone. Here in MI, each visit to the doc costs my Aunt $150.00 & the Subs were another $450.00 on top of that! She said she couldn't help meafter a couple months as it was just getting too costly, so I enrolled in Suboxone's patient assistance program & now get the subs for free, but still, my Aunt pays $150.00 for every month's visit. I have been "clean" for about 4 &1/2 mo. now, taking my subs (2mg 4x daily) as prescribed, but have had the nagging that I am just trading 1 addiction 4 another. The subs make me feel nausiated & "knock me out" sometimes so bad, that I literally pass out & go into a DEEP sleep for an hour or so, along with making me break out in an intermittent rash. My doc is COMPLETELY inaccessible & ONLY talks to me briefly when I go in to "re-up". When he started me on subs, he just handed me a script & sent me on my way...which is pretty much all he does, besides pee testing me every month to make sure I'm clean. He always avoids the subject when I ask "how long I have to be on these things", "why do they make me feel real bad" & "why do they knock me out sometimes & make me feel like I just ate speeders another time"? Yeah...now, here I am, free from opiates, but, I was very stressed this last month & started taking an extra 1 so I could sleep at night & cut myself short. I am sick of these nasty things, so I "tapered" with the last 20 pills I had as follows: week1: spread my doses out to 6 hours apart so I only took 3 a day, then, for 3 days 2 a day, 2 days 1 a day, yesterday & today 1/2 a day & now I'm out....a week early....I feel AWFULL...WORSE than vike w/d's...how long's this gunna last? I can't sleep, my back ACHES horribly & the mental agony is excrutiating! Someone PLEASE tell me I'm gonna live thru this! Should I "re-up" next Wed. after suffering for a week, or should I just quit the subs altogether, having a week of w/d under my belt by then? I'm scared the w/d's might make me wanna use again if they get much worse, & a call to my Sub doc got me the reply, by his nurse, "you're just gonna have to tuff it out as Subs are a controlled substance & we will NOT refill them early for you"....GOD....HELLPP MEEE!

No way you should be taking subs four times a day. I don't care what the dr says. Here is a link to how I've worked with people here for years. After reading it let me know if you want my help according to the guidelines on the attaced link. This is the only way I do this as this is the only way I know how to use subs that works properly.

I can't tell you what to do about getting more drugs. But I wouldn't stop cold turkey or you will suffer for some time. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by Robert_325; 10-14-2010 at 01:00 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

lola1022 is offline Junior Member

Cool will Suboxone/Subutex show positive on drug screen?

[ I'm new to the site but I do have the answer to your question. YES! It will show up positive, it will show up as morphine. It happened to me twice. If you're trying to get a job or something like that, you'll need to stop your sub (either kind) for at least 3 days prior, preferbly 4 days. Also, drink lots of water to help flush it out of your system. Hope I was some help.

Quote Originally Posted by lola1022 View Post
    [ I'm new to the site but I do have the answer to your question. YES! It will show up positive, it will show up as morphine. It happened to me twice. If you're trying to get a job or something like that, you'll need to stop your sub (either kind) for at least 3 days prior, preferbly 4 days. Also, drink lots of water to help flush it out of your system. Hope I was some help.

Subs don't show up as morphine. Subs' active ingredient is buprenorphine and only if they are using a test that checks for buprenorphine will anything show up at all. Burprenorphine doesn't show on a test as morphine. If it's a standard five panel nothing shows up. If it's a ten panel that will include a test for buprenorphine.

If you took a test taking subs and it showed up as morphine you are either taking something else besides the subs or else you somehow managed to get a false positive for morphine as the two drugs are totally unrelated. THAT is a fact! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

John Weelsen is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by reaper1911 View Post
    I get drug tested monthly twice by my probation officer and by my addiction clinic I was addicted to oxymorphone, and was but on suboxone. I take 3 8mg tablets a day never once has it read a positive for my probation officer on a standard five test until yesterday that is..

I took the test put the card in we talked went in to see the results and he said why does it say you are positive for opiates when in fact I have not taken any kind of opiates except for my suboxone which is prescribed to me. My probation officer knows that I am prescribed suboxone and I said to him that there is no way and I will retake the test our you can send it into the lab because I have not done any opiates in half a year. So my probation officer says "I am going to assume that the suboxone is giving off some kind of reading because the line for positive was only slightly there." So now I am worried that my probation officer is going to have a fit the next time I take the test and it reads a false positive, well I am going to tell him to send it into a lab because I know for a fact I am clean and have been proud to be clean and think that suboxone has done miracles for me. The point of this story is that I tested positive for opiates in a standard nida 5 test. I am going to have to ask my doctor why this is happening because I really don't like it.

Any one else have any stories let me know please!
    One of my friends in the last month have the same problem.

Those five panel tests are garbage. It's a false positive and you can demand it be sent it to a lab to be checked. Buprenorphine should not register as anything (not positive or negative, just nothing) on a five panel test so it was a mistake, just a false positive. Don't let them intimidate you over it. You haven't done anything wrong. Tell them to test you for buprenorphine and they will see the result accurately.

Default Wrong!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Subs don't show up as morphine. Subs' active ingredient is buprenorphine and only if they are using a test that checks for buprenorphine will anything show up at all. Burprenorphine doesn't show on a test as morphine. If it's a standard five panel nothing shows up. If it's a ten panel that will include a test for buprenorphine.

If you took a test taking subs and it showed up as morphine you are either taking something else besides the subs or else you somehow managed to get a false positive for morphine as the two drugs are totally unrelated. THAT is a fact! God bless.
    SORRY, ROBERT325, but YOU ARE WRONG! Morphine & Suboxone are BOTH NARCOTICS, so if they're screening for narcotics, it WILL test positive! My Doctor told me that! Suboxone is a schedule 2 narcotic!!Also, I don't want to post here anymore as all anyone has to do is Google your email address & these posts are the 1st thing that shows up! TRY it....just google your email address (JUST the
    1st part MINUS the @aol.com or whatever) & walla! All the posts u make on here are right there for the world to see! SO MUCH FOR ANONYMITY! Make sure u don't want the world to know ur addictions!!

Quote Originally Posted by cantstanditnomore View Post
    SORRY, ROBERT325, but YOU ARE WRONG! Morphine & Suboxone are BOTH NARCOTICS, so if they're screening for narcotics, it WILL test positive! My Doctor told me that! Suboxone is a schedule 2 narcotic!!Also, I don't want to post here anymore as all anyone has to do is Google your email address & these posts are the 1st thing that shows up! TRY it....just google your email address (JUST the
    1st part MINUS the @aol.com or whatever) & walla! All the posts u make on here are right there for the world to see! SO MUCH FOR ANONYMITY! Make sure u don't want the world to know ur addictions!!

I don't care what your dr said, subs are a schedule III drug. If you are so sure I'm wrong check it out. I know that I'm correct and your dr is showing his ignorance saying they are a scheule II narcotic. And they aren't morphine. Burprenorhine DOES NOT show up on a drug test as morphine. Unless it's tested for it only will show as buprenorphine and I am right. And that takes a ten panel test, not the typical five panel lots of people use.

I'm not worried about what comes up on me on search engines. I'm not worried about anonymity. Sounds like your dr needs to be more concerned giving you wrong information and showing their lack of knowledge for the world to see.

I have NO addictions by the way. I've been clean almost nine years, not that it's anyone's business. Even so I have nothing to hide from you or anyone else. I have spoken in prisions and in front of parole and probation officers enough times that the powers at be know me well. I'm great friends with lots of law enforcement officers, doctors, etc. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 02-21-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Just for you and your dr's information here is a partial list of schedule III drugs on the DEA list. Amazing ... another dr bites the dust.[

B]Schedule III Drugs[/B]
    Amobarbital & noncontrolled active ingred. 2126 N Amobarbital/ephedrine capsules
    Amobarbital suppository dosage form 2126 N
    Anabolic steroids 4000 N "Body Building" drugs
    Aprobarbital 2100 N Alurate
    Barbituric acid derivative 2100 N Barbiturates not specifically listed
    Benzphetamine 1228 N Didrex, Inapetyl
    Boldenone 4000 N Equipoise, Parenabol, Vebonol, dehydrotestosterone
    Buprenorphine 9064 Buprenex, Temgesic Butabarbital 2100 N Butisol, Butibel

Here are some schedule IV drugs for your dr's info if he would like to learn even more.

Schedule IV

Alprazolam 2882 N Xanax
    Barbital 2145 N Veronal, Plexonal, barbitone
    Bromazepam 2748 N Lexotan, Lexatin, Lexotanil
    Butorphanol 9720 N Stadol, Stadol NS, Torbugesic, Torbutrol
    Camazepam 2749 N Albego, Limpidon, Paxor
    Cathine 1230 N Constituent of "Khat" plant
    Chloral betaine 2460 N Beta Chlor
    Chloral hydrate 2465 N Noctec
    Chlordiazepoxide 2744 N Librium, Libritabs, Limbitrol, SK-Lygen
    Clobazam 2751 N Urbadan, Urbanyl
    Clonazepam 2737 N Klonopin, Clonopin
    Clorazepate 2768 N Tranxene
    Clotiazepam 2752 N Trecalmo, Rize
    Cloxazolam 2753 N Enadel, Sepazon, Tolestan
    Delorazepam 2754 N
    Dexfenfluramine 1670 N Redux
    Dextropropoxyphene dosage forms 9278 Darvon, propoxyphene, Darvocet, Dolene, Propacet
    Diazepam 2765 N Valium, Valrelease
    Dichloralphenazone 2467 N Midrin, dichloralantipyrine
    Diethylpropion 1610 N Tenuate, Tepanil
    Difenoxin 1 mg/25 ug AtSO4/du 9167 Motofen
    Estazolam 2756 N ProSom, Domnamid, Eurodin, Nuctalon
    Ethchlorvynol 2540 N Placidyl
    Ethinamate 2545 N Valmid, Valamin
    Ethyl loflazepate 2758 N
    Fencamfamin 1760 N Reactivan
    Fenfluramine 1670 N Pondimin, Ponderal
    Fenproporex 1575 N Gacilin, Solvolip
    Fludiazepam 2759 N
    Flunitrazepam 2763 N Rohypnol, Narcozep, Darkene, Roipnol
    Flurazepam 2767 N Dalmane
    Halazepam 2762 N Paxipam
    Haloxazolam 2771 N
    Ketazolam 2772 N Anxon, Loftran, Solatran, Contamex
    Loprazolam 2773 N
    Lorazepam 2885 N Ativan
    Lormetazepam 2774 N Noctamid
    Mazindol 1605 N Sanorex, Mazanor
    Mebutamate 2800 N Capla
    Medazepam 2836 N Nobrium
    Mefenorex 1580 N Anorexic, Amexate, Doracil, Pondinil
    Meprobamate 2820 N Miltown, Equanil, Deprol, Equagesic, Meprospan
    Methohexital 2264 N Brevital
    Methylphenobarbital (mephobarbital) 2250 N Mebaral, mephobarbital
    Midazolam 2884 N Versed
    Modafinil 1680 N Provigil
    Nimetazepam 2837 N Erimin
    Nitrazepam 2834 N Mogadon
    Nordiazepam 2838 N Nordazepam, Demadar, Madar
    Oxazepam 2835 N Serax, Serenid-D
    Oxazolam 2839 N Serenal, Convertal
    Paraldehyde 2585 N Paral
    Pemoline 1530 N Cylert
    Pentazocine 9709 N Talwin, Talwin NX, Talacen, Talwin Compound
    Petrichloral 2591 N Pentaerythritol chloral, Periclor
    Phenobarbital 2285 N Luminal, Donnatal, Bellergal-S
    Phentermine 1640 N Ionamin, Fastin, Adipex-P, Obe-Nix, Zantryl
    Pinazepam 2883 N Domar
    Pipradrol 1750 N Detaril, Stimolag Fortis
    Prazepam 2764 N Centrax
    Quazepam 2881 N Doral, Dormalin
    Sibutramine 1675 N Meridia
    SPA 1635 N 1-dimethylamino-1,2-diphenylethane, Lefetamine
    Temazepam 2925 N Restoril
    Tetrazepam 2886 N
    Triazolam 2887 N Halcion
    Zaleplon 2781 N Sonata
    Zolpidem 2783 N Ambien, Stilnoct,Ivadal
    Schedule V
    Codeine preparations - 200 mg/100 ml or 100 gm Cosanyl,Robitussin A-C,Cheracol,Cerose,Pediacof
    Difenoxin preparations - 0.5 mg/25 ug AtSO4/du Motofen
    Dihydrocodeine preparations 10 mg/100 ml or 100 gm Cophene-S, various others
    Diphenoxylate preparations 2.5 mg/25 ug AtSO4 Lomotil, Logen
    Ethylmorphine preparations 100 mg/100 ml or 100 gm
    Opium preparations - 100 mg/100 ml or gm Parepectolin, Kapectolin PG, Kaolin Pectin P.G.
    Pyrovalerone 1485 N Centroton, Thymergix

It's amazing how the sub drs just know everything. Now show me where it shows on a test that it's morphine. It won't happen my friend!
    Last edited by Robert_325; 02-21-2011 at 10:14 PM.

People who attempt to impugn Robert's credibility please GO AWAY. His time is too valuable to be spent responding to your stupidity.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusMoonlight View Post
    People who attempt to impugn Robert's credibility please GO AWAY. His time is too valuable to be spent responding to your stupidity.
    HA HA !!! Hi SiriusMoonlite ... we need a like button on here, like the one on facebook... very well said !!!
    talk to you later, Melinda

animelove is offline New Member

Default Drug tests and addressing other questions

If you are going to quit suboxone or subutex it would be best to slowly wean yourself off of this medication. You will experience severe withdrawal symptoms if you just get off of the medication. Suboxone and subutex is not supposed to show up on drug tests, it may have been a fluke if you are saying it showed up and you are for sure you didn't use. Methadone is the same way, they usually have to specifically test for any one of these medications. I apologize to the person who felt like they were dying, but any medication is going to give you withdrawal symptoms when you take it that much and then try and jump off it. Even if you just ran out. The best option would be to contact a rehab facility and get assistance off of the medication if you have no other alternatives and have to immediately get off. This way you are being monitored by a medical staff. It's best if you cannot deal with the physical and mental aspects of the withdrawal to ask if they do a medical detox process. Make sure that if you take this option you are ready to take other steps to maintaining sobriety and understand your resources in that facility and outside to make sure you do not end up using again.

Anonymous Guest

Default Robert please help. I hope this gets to you. My user name is bean222

Robert,

I really would like to ask you a question about a drug test I am about to Havw to take. I love everything I read that u write. I was sober for 7 years in AA and really just got tired of all the gossip and BS where I live. I learned a lot and the most important was the relationship with God I got. I am drinking a little now but I know I will always be a drug addict. I started taking pain pills again, 7 years later and now I have stopped. I been taking about 8 mg of sub for about 2 months. It never really got out of hand so sooner than later I want to start tapering off. My question is I more than likely start a wonderful new job and January and Havw an interview Monday and I am scared to death about th suboxone comjnh up as opiates on my drug test. I know what u habw written in regards to this but I am still scared to death. What kind of drug screens do most employers give? I know u say it has to be a specific test for the bup but I am still worried. I am sure some employers donr just use 5 panel drug test. I am sure they prolly use 9 panel as well and u said the 10 panel does test for bup, I think that's what you said. So, I am wondering do u think I will b ok? Not sure when they would drug test me but the job would not begin till January. Please give me your honey opionion! Thanks so much. I respect what u say and write on this forum! God bless.

rxqueen is offline Junior Member

Most employers use the standard 9 panel, and no Buprenorphine or Naloxone will not show up as an opiate. I recently took a 12 panel drug screening at home and I was negative for opiates. This says its 12 panels, but there are only 10 substance catergories. It tests for: Methamphetamines, Amphetamines, THC, Cocaine, Opiates, Barbituates, Benzodiazepenes, PCP, Methadone and Oxycodone. It also tests for various adulterants. I asked my niece what the difference was between opiates and oxycodone. She said opiates are illicit substances such as Codeine and >>>>>>. Oxycodone includes Oxycontin, Roxicodone and Percocet. She also told me that users of >>>>>> will not test positive for >>>>>>, but for Codeine and Morphine. >>>>>> is a "compound" drug. She is an LNA and used to work in a Methadone clinic so I believe her even though I don't really understand.

I've taken several drug tests for employers while being prescribed to Methadone and Sub and never did it come up on the test. They are both additional substances that need to be screened for. I remember reading my drug screen sheets with I was in a Methadone clinic, and Methadone was in it's own "panel" or "catergory" just as it was in the 10 panel I took. I also took a 20 something panel test when I went into a pain management clinic, and Buprenorphine was one on the panel seperate from Opiods, Methadone and Oxycodone.

My best suggestion is to READ the test paperwork, which you have a right to read and it should always be provided to you.

thedude27 is offline New Member

ok i want to ask if anyone has ever taken drug test while on probation i recentlys was placed on probation for a no drug offense so i don't want to tell them by the way i used to be hooked on pain pills i don't need that attention so if they don't show up then im not going to put myself on blast i know i should tell my P.O but i live in texas they want to put you in prison

backinthesaddle37 is offline New Member

Its a schedule III, look it up.

rxqueen83 is offline Member

I do believe that a Doctor probably did give such a misinformed answer, however, they are WRONG. There are countless people here asking for help because their DR was WRONG. Don't assume because they are a Dr that they are always right.

I am tested every month at the sub clinic and they have a 10 panel test. One of the panels is for buprenorphine which is the active ingredient in sub. I've taken many drug tests and I was never positive for opiods while taking methadone or subutex. It is impossible. The test was wrong and for some reason you had a false positive. In these situations you demand another test and demand that the original specimen be sent to a lab for further analysis. If it's a clinic type situation you should be able to add a type of appeal to your records as well. The methadone clinic I went to was famous for mixing up tests. I tested positive for oxycodone once and it was determined to be a swapped test with another patient. The second time was for marijuana which I never, ever smoke and it was again concluded my test was mixed up with another patients.

Tests for probation generally are 9 panel tests as well as most pre employment screenings. If your enrolled in a pain clinic I have had them perform 30 substance tests on me. Sub & Methadone clinics are generally 9-12 panels and have a seperate panel for Sub and Methadone.

Guys can I make a suggestion? If you want to talk to Robert about your issue you'd be best served starting your own thread with your own topic. He is more likely to see it that way. I don't mean to sound like a witch, just trying to be helpful.
    Robert_325 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Default Could someone please help me ? I am new here.

Hi I am new on here and I pray that I'm not on anyones page. But I am begging and desperately needing help. I started taking buprenorphin ( suboxone) 6 days ago from being addicted to pain pills so 6 days ago I went to see a suboxone doctor after reading everything about the medicane I truly want to get off of these but I am scared to start going into withdrawls . I am begging anyone if you have any information would you please let me know..Thank you all .

Quote Originally Posted by Donnella View Post
    Hi I am new on here and I pray that I'm not on anyones page. But I am begging and desperately needing help. I started taking buprenorphin ( suboxone) 6 days ago from being addicted to pain pills so 6 days ago I went to see a suboxone doctor after reading everything about the medicane I truly want to get off of these but I am scared to start going into withdrawls . I am begging anyone if you have any information would you please let me know..Thank you all .

Donnella ..... I will be happy to try and help you. First tell me your using history so I know the best route to take. What dose did the sub dr start you at six days ago, this is critical! Give me some info to work with, don't be embarassed, no one gets judged here, we are all just a bunch of druggies (some more reformed than others). LOL No one is here to do anything but help you.

Send all of your replies that you want to send to me right here on this thread. I have subscribed to this thread and I will see anytime you post anything here. We'll get you your own thread started once we get squared away as this is a big thread and you'll get lots more support on your own thread. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 06-13-2012 at 09:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast