Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cOsMiCtRiGgEr
Suboxone or subutex questions
    xXxMuffyxXx is offline New Member

Default Suboxone or subutex questions

I have been addicted to pain killers for 3 years now oxy,opana morh vic and im to the point that I want to stop, I want to get away, but i cant do it without help I have tried, i would really like to try to be put on suboxone or subutex, leaning toward it from what ive been reading. Im from indiana i do not have insurance and im not really sure how to go about it all, i really dont want my family finding out about it at all, they are clueless and >> like to get back on my feet and just keep it that way.

anyone know prices as far as
    first visit
    perscription cost
    any additonal fees i may run into
    do i have to be refered to a sub doctor?

any info that could be givin would be greatly appriciated!

cOsMiCtRiGgEr is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by xXxMuffyxXx View Post
    I have been addicted to pain killers for 3 years now oxy,opana morh vic and im to the point that I want to stop, I want to get away, but i cant do it without help I have tried, i would really like to try to be put on suboxone or subutex, leaning toward it from what ive been reading. Im from indiana i do not have insurance and im not really sure how to go about it all, i really dont want my family finding out about it at all, they are clueless and >> like to get back on my feet and just keep it that way.

anyone know prices as far as
    first visit
    perscription cost
    any additonal fees i may run into
    do i have to be refered to a sub doctor?

any info that could be givin would be greatly appriciated!
    Muffy,

You came to the right place!!! You are so fortunate to have found this forum BEFORE you went to the sub doc. If you check out my thread called "Robert_325 Questions" you will get a lot of the info you are looking for! I'm on Day 14 of subs and it's going great so far. Robert_325 is a freaking god-send! He has helped, literally, thousands of people get off opiates using his proven sub therapy. The main problem with the docs is that they will put you on a RIDICULOUSLY high dose for UNNECESSARILY long periods of time... Then you will find yourself chained to yet another beast. I will post the link to an article that Robert wrote explaining everything you need to know about his process. First off... He will get you on the LED (Lowest Effective Dose). The doctor prescribed me 24mgs of suboxone a day... Do you know what I actually needed?? 2.5mgs!!! He was trying to prescribe me 10 times what I needed. Thankfully, I had already found this forum and contacted Robert for assistance. With thy said.. Here is my experience with regard to docs, cost etc:

So first I did a simple google search for "suboxone doctors [city]" for example "Suboxone doctors Bloomington, IN". The first site that comes up will give you a list. I started calling as many on this list as possible. Now... Don't worry if you don't have insurance.. It is still relatively cheap.. And MUCH cheaper than continuing down that path that you have been on. Anyways.. I called around 12-15 of them to find out two main things:
    1) Cost
    2) Process

I have insurance through my work but didn't want to use it for my own insecurities. Typically.. I found that most docs will not for you a full months prescription on your first visit. They will usually just give you about 10 days worth and schedule a follow up. Some want to make you come in everyday for a week! Throw those away. Find a place that will give you a perception and schedule a follow up 10 days later (or so). The beauty of Roberts system is that it requires MUCH LESS subs than what te docs prescribe. So in my situation... I finally settled on a place that cost $200 for initial visit and $100 for follow up. Your goal should be to get as many subs as you can on the first visit.. So potentially... You will NEVER even need to go back!! Not Even for the follow up!!!!

So in my case-- doc prescribed me 24mg per day. I stabilized at 2.5mg.. As did my girlfriend. (we were both doing this together). He wrote me a script for 25 8mg sub strips (not the pills)... And that was just to get me through till the follow up. Well it worked out so well that even with me AND my girl taking them... We actually got ALL we needed on that first visit itself! A thing of beauty really. So remember.. Goal 1: get as much as you can on first visit.

Goal 2: try to find a doc who will just write you the prescription and have you induce (take your first dose) at home. Some doctors want to give you your first dose at the clinic itself. DONT go to a doc who does the if you can avoid it. They will put you on WAY too much. If it's unavoidable.. and you can't find a doc who let's you induce at home.. Then it's still ok.. Robert will Probably just have you not take any or another day or two and start over using his process so you an find that lowest effective dose.

Cost: as I said $200 for initial visit. I didn't use insurance for the meds either.. And they cost me about $8each. The total I spent was $387 and I got everything needed.. Not just for me.. But ALSO for my girl.

I also recommend that you get the strips if you can. Not only are they easier to cut into smaller doses.. They are also once removed from the addictive pill taking behavior. For me.. Pills of any kind are a trigger. I appreciate the fact that I'm taking something which has no resemblance to a pill... So when you see the doc.. Ask for the strips. You could even site that as a reason and I'm sure he would appreciate it. Don't site the fact that they are easier to cut up... But that they aren't pills. You don't want to let the doc know you are not going to follow his methods. All they want to do is create a stream of income for themselves.. And that means putting you on a massive dose for a long time. There are SO MANY success stories on this forum! No joke! You can be there soon! So will I! Hope is alive!

Muffy.. You should also consider getting active on here. Read as much as you can. Te more you digest... The better you will understand what your future holds. The main message is that of hope! But you MUST follow Roberts instructions to the T.

I hope this all makes sense to you. Sorry for being so long winded. I'm such a blabbermouth.. Sorry! If you have any other question don't hesitate to ask. You should also start a thread using Robert_325 in the title. He will probably read this but you increase the likelihood if you ask for him directly. Good luck... And.. GO IU! sweet 16 here we come!

-cos
    Last edited by cOsMiCtRiGgEr; 03-18-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    xXxMuffyxXx likes this.

Here is the link I said I would post. Read thoroughly!

This is to Roberts sub therapy process. It's pure gold!

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

-cos

xXxMuffyxXx is offline New Member

Thank you so much! im going to start the calling process tomorrow, my only issue is the money part at the moment, I live completely on my own at the moment and while I have a decent job coming up with even a few hundred dollars seems to be very hard, i just lost my roomate, but im going to give it everything i got to get this started, I honestly dont think i can handle the orange taste it makes me want to puke( from what i have heard suboxone taste like orange and so do the strips) how about subutex? does it taste anything like the others?? I am very excited to take such a big step to getting away from the misery ! thank you all again so very much!

Anonymous Guest

if you have never tasted it, why complain before youve even tried it...? if its gonna save your life and get you off drugs. so what the taste...

and the money you will save from buying drugs, will be more than enough to get you on subs and off again....

stay positve.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-19-2012 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    if you have never tasted it, why complain before youve even tried it...? if its gonna save your life and get you off drugs. so what the taste...

and the money you will save from buying drugs, will be more than enough to get you on subs and off again....

stay positve.
    Hey.. How come my post is not here anymore? Did they delete it? I wonder why? I don't see any kind of message even stating that post was deleted... Oh well??

Hey muffy,

Did you ever make it to the sub doc?

-cos

detroit_boi is offline Member

where u at muffy?I would advise u get health insurance with RX coverage while you quitting...Itll save you hundreds of dollars every month...Good Luck