Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Suboxone side effects - HELP!
    mer
    mer is offline New Member

Default Suboxone side effects - HELP!

My husband is currently taking Suboxone after 20 years of >>>>>> and other drug dependence. He has been clean since before Thanksgiving because of it, and I think it is wonderful. Unfortunately, he is experiencing some sexual side effects - mostly being unable to climax fully, and some difficulty with arousal. He is now saying he wants to stop taking the medicine, and I am very worried about that! Has anyone else experienced these problems that can give me some advice, or let me know if these side effects will go away at some point? Thank you!

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

This is a common side effect of opiate use\abuse.He needs to go to his doctor and get his bio-available testosterone level checked.Nine times out of ten it's low testosterone levels that causes these problems.If he's low then he has a number of options.He can get a shot once or twice a month.There is also a gel which after your morning shower you rub on,there's a patch and finally the least used is the pills.It can take a couple weeks for the testosterone to start working so don't fret if it doesn't work right away.Good luck and don't let him stop his recovery program,it's vital that he stay's on the suboxone until told otherwise by his doctor.....Dave

tiredone is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    My husband is currently taking Suboxone after 20 years of >>>>>> and other drug dependence. He has been clean since before Thanksgiving because of it, and I think it is wonderful. Unfortunately, he is experiencing some sexual side effects - mostly being unable to climax fully, and some difficulty with arousal. He is now saying he wants to stop taking the medicine, and I am very worried about that! Has anyone else experienced these problems that can give me some advice, or let me know if these side effects will go away at some point? Thank you!
    My husband has been on this for about 5-6 months. I am beginning to hate this medication.He seems to think there are no side effects (he is in denial since I do think it helps him in some areas) But I think definite sexual side effects-NO libido, and he is very agitated and always edgy. How long has your husbands doc said he will be on this? And what is his dosage?

Needlefree4three is offline New Member

Angry The side effects are real/My dealings with them

Quote Originally Posted by tiredone View Post
    My husband has been on this for about 5-6 months. I am beginning to hate this medication.He seems to think there are no side effects (he is in denial since I do think it helps him in some areas) But I think definite sexual side effects-NO libido, and he is very agitated and always edgy. How long has your husbands doc said he will be on this? And what is his dosage?
    I think what member MPVT may be the best solution. I never knew that before now and I am going to have the shots next visit.

I have been on it for three years. I am on 24mg of Suboxone a day. All the side affects both you and the message above you have happened to me. I have also been out of work for two-years because of another side effect(can't remember the name). It has made me lose muscular strength. I am so weak and tired all the time all I do is watch T.V. all day and night. I have no drive to do anything. I previously, was an avid hunter,fisherman, and rode mountain bikes. But, I am now down to 16mgs a day and am feeling better. I plan to be off Suboxone soon. I used Oxycontin intraveniously for seven years and I am confident I can remain drug-free now. The no libido can be helped by the right anti-depressant. I got on Zoloft and got mine back, the irritability and always being edgy are partly from the depression and the Suboxone. Show your husband my message,I've been on it three years the side effects are real, especially the depression because we are used to being Superman and the life of the party. It is a major life-style change, it makes you feel like a nobody. When you aren't. Scientific tests have proven opiate addicts are some of the most intelligent people on Earth. Not bragging but I still have an I.Q. of 149 after all those years of Oxy's,Meth,and alot of >>>>>>.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Needlefree4three; 10-14-2007 at 11:04 PM. Reason: To add possibly better advice

rwilliamson1 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Needlefree4three View Post
    I think what member MPVT may be the best solution. I never knew that before now and I am going to have the shots next visit.

I have been on it for three years. I am on 24mg of Suboxone a day. All the side affects both you and the message above you have happened to me. I have also been out of work for two-years because of another side effect(can't remember the name). It has made me lose muscular strength. I am so weak and tired all the time all I do is watch T.V. all day and night. I have no drive to do anything. I previously, was an avid hunter,fisherman, and rode mountain bikes. But, I am now down to 16mgs a day and am feeling better. I plan to be off Suboxone soon. I used Oxycontin intraveniously for seven years and I am confident I can remain drug-free now. The no libido can be helped by the right anti-depressant. I got on Zoloft and got mine back, the irritability and always being edgy are partly from the depression and the Suboxone. Show your husband my message,I've been on it three years the side effects are real, especially the depression because we are used to being Superman and the life of the party. It is a major life-style change, it makes you feel like a nobody. When you aren't. Scientific tests have proven opiate addicts are some of the most intelligent people on Earth. Not bragging but I still have an I.Q. of 149 after all those years of Oxy's,Meth,and alot of >>>>>>.
    Hope this helps.

24mg is a whopper of a dose. Have you tried to taper down somewhat to see how much the side effects abate? It would certainly be worth your while to try!

dogs5 is offline New Member

Unhappy Information on helping a vicodin addict

HELP!!! I'm at the end of my rope. My sister is an avid vicodin user. She's has been for 5 years now. Nothing is helping. She's been to clinics, therapy, and has also used methadone. It's no use! The methadone just made things worse. She became dependent on it. She now will take just about anything to reach her achieved high. She lies, falls asleep and any given moment, has behavioral issues, ect. My family and I don't know what to do. We can't force her to go to detox in IL. She has to sign herself in. If she signs herself in, she stays for a day and signs out. She's in her late 20's and is very bright. She also has a five year old that we as a family take care of. She doesn't live on her own. Is their any medication out there that doesn't have the same side effects as the actual opiate? Can we as a family do something? Any thoughts would be much appreciated

chopper12345 is offline New Member

Red face

this is in response to the post about VICODEN !!!! i had the same problem i used vicoden for 4 years and i was taking up to 40 pills per day 750MG in one year i spent over 40 grand...BUT I AM CLEAN NOW... your sister is just going to get worse but i think i can help you..first dont use methadone it does not work for vicoden users it didnt work for me there is a medication called suboxone thats what helped me get clean.. just google it and there is a doctor locator that can help you find a doctor near you that will prescribe it...it is kinda expensive BUT CHEAPER THAN THE VICODEN... i was engaged and making 6 figures and my addiction destroyed everything so i know how you feel..but suboxone does work it will take away the withdrawl symptoms but your sister does have to want to be clean because suboxone does not get you high.. but listen nothing worked for me i always went back to the drugs..however the suboxone did work !!!.. addiction is a hard thing to deal with but please remember it is a desease..

MrMaddyMan is offline New Member

Okay,

Being that I've done it all. Everything from >>>>>>, OC's, Perks, Vics, Ultrams, Codeine, everything.........It the drugs got me high I've taken them and allot of them... I was at 5 OC 80mg a day for 3 years, and then graduated to 3 or 5 bundles of >>>>>> a day.
    Anyways, Suboxone is a great medicine it works. It doesn't get you high, and there are no withdrawals. Also once you’re on suboxone it stays in your system for a day. During that time you can't get high from any opiates. The only thing with Suboxone is that in order for it to work an addict needs to have all opiates out of there system. Meaning that they will have at least 1 or 2 bad days of withdrawal.

Good Luck trust me I started on 32mg of Suboxone and I'm now down to under 8mg. I take about 3/4 of an 8mg pill a day.

P.S. as to what Needlefree4three said about Scientific tests have proven opiate addicts are some of the most intelligent people on Earth. I 100% agree..........:-) :-)

leiito is offline Junior Member

Needie, could you please refer us to the scientific tests you mention showing opiate addicts are among the most intelligent people on Earth. I am not disputing your claim, but it's kind of SOP to quote the source when you make a statement like that. My IQ was 156, 3 years ago they kicked my out of Mensa, last year I was down to 135, now I have such memory lapses I can't even remember my last score, but it was 3 digits, at least.

walck is offline Junior Member

Default Dosing of Suboxone

Just started suboxone the other day. Got hooked on oxycontin after back surgery. tried to titre down and off the oxy as I am NOT an abuser of any drugs. Got down to 30/30 morning and nite and could not go down further without withdrawl. I started on 2 mg. twice a day. Yesterday was my first day and I was so high/stoned on one tablet I slept all day and could not function AT ALL! Could not even hold a conversation. NEVER got high on the oxy! So last nite I took only 1/2 a tablet (1 mg) and again this morning 1 mg and I seem fine with no withdrawl symtoms. does this seem right? Doctor won't return my call from over the weekend. I don't seem to be able to relate to most posts on the internet because I have never abused Rx drugs. I have only taken what was prescribed. Anybody have an answer. I would think that with the little amoutn I am taking I should be able to get off it quite quickly. My head aches all the time and throwing up has been an issue. Those are my only side effects. Will they go away?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by walck View Post
    Just started suboxone the other day. Got hooked on oxycontin after back surgery. tried to titre down and off the oxy as I am NOT an abuser of any drugs. Got down to 30/30 morning and nite and could not go down further without withdrawl. I started on 2 mg. twice a day. Yesterday was my first day and I was so high/stoned on one tablet I slept all day and could not function AT ALL! Could not even hold a conversation. NEVER got high on the oxy! So last nite I took only 1/2 a tablet (1 mg) and again this morning 1 mg and I seem fine with no withdrawl symtoms. does this seem right? Doctor won't return my call from over the weekend. I don't seem to be able to relate to most posts on the internet because I have never abused Rx drugs. I have only taken what was prescribed. Anybody have an answer. I would think that with the little amoutn I am taking I should be able to get off it quite quickly. My head aches all the time and throwing up has been an issue. Those are my only side effects. Will they go away?

Taking such a small amount of suboxone and using it for such a short time you will have no problems stopping the suboxone at all. Don't even worry about that. I am baffled by your symptoms however. There is no way you should be having symptoms as you describe from starting at 2-4mg of suboxone. It just doesn't do all the things you are describing especially at the low dose you are taking. Some of your symptoms like throwing up and headaches and just being kind of wiped out almost sound like w/d symptoms from the oxy, like possibly your suboxone dose is too low. Having just been off the oxy for a few days, if I understand you correctly, you are in the midst of an opiate detox right now. That is ok as that is what the suboxone is designed to help you with. But I don't believe that the very small dose of suboxone you are taking is likely to be enough to hide all of the w/d symptoms from an oxy detox. I could be wrong but this just doesn't sound right to me. Something is missing here. If I do have all the info correct about your time since last using oxy, and everyhing I have mentioned is right, then I would probably bet that you aren't taking enough suboxone. Sounds like you need more medication. That is about all I can come up with based on the little bit of information you have provided. I would contact the dr and see what he says. You should be feeling just fine on the suboxone, not at all like you describe. Let us know if we can help as you progress. Good luck.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 08-25-2008 at 06:17 AM.
    lisasweet likes this.

Default Suboxone

I left the Dr. an e mail message this morning. Boy this stuff tastes like ********************! So I have been on this 1/2 pill regimen 2x a day since Saturday and feel good. still have a headache but it goes away after i take some Advil. The throwing up has stopped. On the first day after taking one whole one in the morning, I walked into a restaurant for dinner and not 10 feet into the door, puked all over myself and their floor. They of course asked us to leave. I felt fine after I threw up as I did the second time. No throwing up since and I feel normal again. Actually my pain level has gone down to -0- being off the oxy which I cannot understand. My first surgery was in march and my second surgery for a life threatening staff infection was in April in which they took half my back tissue out and I had a wound vac attached to my back and a PIC line in my arm for months. The hole in my back was 15" long, 5 inches deep and 5" wide. It is now closed and feeling great. Just want to get off all the drugs. I was in withdrawl symptoms for about 10 hours before Igave in and took the Suboxone. I foolishly thought I could do it on my own without the Suboxone. I had been doing so well coming down off the oxy but just could not get down past 30/30 which was very disappointing. we were doing it so slowly. All along the doctors were "don't worry, we will get you off the oxy no problem when you are ready!!!" NOT!!!! So I feel fine today and back to normal and see the dr. in 2 weeks. Can you give me a hint what's next? Can't seem to go any lower to get off........... This has been a freaking nightmare.

Default walck

Well I am glad that you are feeling better. I still don't understand why you would have problems like you did. I can't decide yet whether or not it was likely caused by the suboxone. It's such a small dose. Regardless of all that the main thing is that you're doing well now.

I am sorry about the huge wound and having to use a wound vac. I know from experience with personal friend following a cancer surgery how remarkable those things are though. They make such a huge difference in the healing process.

At this point and considering all that you have been through I would not do anything but focus on recovering. Don't worry about stopping the suboxone right now. Just concentrate on you. See how you feel as this progresses forward. I think you are very fortunate considering all that you have described to not be in pain or having a bad detox. You are on a really minimal dose of this medication. I suggest seeing how you progress and take care of yourself. We will be here if we can be of any help. God bless.
    lisasweet likes this.

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

I am very suprized at you getting stoned. When I started subs my doc put me on 40 mg and I didnt get stoned.... I did start too soon and was throwned in wd and sick.... In fact I got manic and couldnt sleep after two or three days. I guess we are all different. It does sound like your not on quite enough to me. But if your not afraid of using I would just stop taking them.... should not be a problem if only a few days.

I left the Dr. an e mail message this morning. Boy this stuff tastes like ********************! So I have been on this 1/2 pill regimen 2x a day since Saturday and feel good. still have a headache but it goes away after i take some Advil. The throwing up has stopped. On the first day after taking one whole one in the morning, I walked into a restaurant for dinner and not 10 feet into the door, puked all over myself and their floor. They of course asked us to leave. I felt fine after I threw up as I did the second time. No throwing up since and I feel normal again. Actually my pain level has gone down to -0- being off the oxy which I cannot understand. My first surgery was in march and my second surgery for a life threatening staff infection was in April in which they took half my back tissue out and I had a wound vac attached to my back and a PIC line in my arm for months. The hole in my back was 15" long, 5 inches deep and 5" wide. It is now closed and feeling great. Just want to get off all the drugs. I was in withdrawl symptoms for about 10 hours before Igave in and took the Suboxone. I foolishly thought I could do it on my own without the Suboxone. I had been doing so well coming down off the oxy but just could not get down past 30/30 which was very disappointing. we were doing it so slowly. All along the doctors were "don't worry, we will get you off the oxy no problem when you are ready!!!" NOT!!!! So I feel fine today and back to normal and see the dr. in 2 weeks. Can you give me a hint what's next? Can't seem to go any lower to get off........... This has been a freaking nightmare.

I should of read further before jumping in. IT sounds like you started the sub too soon and thats is why you got so sick. Now your "normal" thats great. YOu will go back to your doc and he will see how your doing... maybe draw bld. Dont try and lower your dose yet... wait atleast two or three weeks for the wd to fade away. After that, then began a slow wean. Dont let your doc keep you on the sub for life unless you feel like your going to use again... when you get pass the next 2-3 weeks, then you can re-eval. I am sorry sush a rough start but the sub will work. Keep coming back here and you will have all the help avail.... this forum has be a blessing for me and many others.

Good luck
    Sister

Default Read This on Past post

I was up to about 12 10/325 a day at that point and 8 mg of suboxone was a good fit, which I was able to knock down to 4 mg within a couple months and gradually to 1 mg, 1/2 mg until a couple days ago when I stopped altogether (full process took 10 months - I started this in January). At that point, I had tapered to about a 1/3 or so every 36 hours. I would highly recommend this sort of slow tapering; I spent about a month or two at each level and my body told me when I was ready for less. I literally started forgetting my dose at certain intervals

So I read this from a past dose when I was trying to get some isdeas about getting off the sub. I KNOW I just got on but I just need to know my life will be normal again. Really months????? That alone freaks me out. i know i have to relax and be glad i am off the oxy (and I am) but i just want to be past this. titre by little bits iof a pill? Can you actually break them in pieces. I only break in 2 right now. robert, you and this post have been a godsend to me. really. No one can understand unless they live it. I try to tell my husband that. You can't know unless you live it! And actually I think I quoted the wrong mg amount I am taking. I think it is an 8mg tablet and I am taking half which is 4mg, not 1. Oops.
    Last edited by walck; 08-25-2008 at 09:35 PM.

sisterwin
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I was up to about 12 10/325 a day at that point and 8 mg of suboxone was a good fit, which I was able to knock down to 4 mg within a couple months and gradually to 1 mg, 1/2 mg until a couple days ago when I stopped altogether (full process took 10 months - I started this in January). At that point, I had tapered to about a 1/3 or so every 36 hours. I would highly recommend this sort of slow tapering; I spent about a month or two at each level and my body told me when I was ready for less. I literally started forgetting my dose at certain intervals

So I read this from a past dose when I was trying to get some isdeas about getting off the sub. I KNOW I just got on but I just need to know my life will be normal again. Really months????? That alone freaks me out. i know i have to relax and be glad i am off the oxy (and I am) but i just want to be past this. titre by little bits iof a pill? Can you actually break them in pieces. I only break in 2 right now. robert, you and this post have been a godsend to me. really. No one can understand unless they live it. I try to tell my husband that. You can't know unless you live it! And actually I think I quoted the wrong mg amount I am taking. I think it is an 8mg tablet and I am taking half which is 4mg, not 1. Oops.

There is a lot of difference in 1mg vs 4mg. I was totally confused when you kept saying 1mg. So you have been taking from 4-8mg. That is totally normal. Now I feel better about this entire thing.

It doesn't have to take you months on suboxone. I began tapering off at about three weeks. I was done at six weeks. But for others it does take months, even longer for some. This is a program that our individual circumstances dictate how we take the medication. It's not a "one size fits all" type thing.

When you get ready to get off the suboxone you can titrate down. Yes that means to reduce your dose down. You just get a single-edged razor and you can cut that 8mg pill into 1-2mg pieces very easily. If you get too small it will turn to powder. But cutting the pills up is the best way to reduce the dose. I wouldn't worry about that for now. I promise if you follow the suggestions that you are given here you won't have any trouble when it's time to stop. Just relax. Give yourself time to heal more, then focus on getting off the suboxone. Don't worry about something that isn't even happening now. You will be just fine. You don't need to do this for life, but don't worry about how you're going to stop when you just got started.
    lisasweet likes this.

nichole123 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone

Suboxone seems like a miracle to most, but just wait until you attempt to get off of it! It's awful! I work at a drug and alcohol treatment facility and I see patients everyday detoxing from suboxone. It's seriously awful. It's just a replacement drug, like methadone. Be careful guys, Suboxone is still and opiate and higly addictive! Just a head's up!
    Good luck everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by nichole123 View Post
    Suboxone seems like a miracle to most, but just wait until you attempt to get off of it! It's awful! I work at a drug and alcohol treatment facility and I see patients everyday detoxing from suboxone. It's seriously awful. It's just a replacement drug, like methadone. Be careful guys, Suboxone is still and opiate and higly addictive! Just a head's up!
    Good luck everyone!

Have you ever stopped to consider that the reason you see people in rehab having trouble with suboxone is that the people who have done so well with it ARE AT HOME?????? The people having problems didn't take it like it's supposed to be done. Please don't attempt to make people think that this is a bad thing to do. They are getting clean. And suboxone works just fine.

I help people in recovery too. It annoys me when "drug counselors" come here and tell everyone how bad something is and they don't realize how much they are harming people. Someone might decide NOT to get clean from reading your post. How does that make you feel???

Thanks for the "heads up" but we will make it just fine thank you.
    lisasweet and JWBRASH like this.

Default getting Off Suboxone

See Robert. I read your post and feel better about it and then I read the post from Nichole123 and UGH!!!! Of course it does not help that I have been on anti depresseents for many years, now wellbutrin and Cymblata 60mg. And of course you know that I stepped down on the Oxy from 60/60 to 30/30 and hit a brick wall. Just hearing her say that i am in for another nightmare, well it does give that UNEASY feeling. I can DO weeks, but months, don't thik I have the strength. I will keep reading the posts though and learn through others.

Anonymous Guest

Wink

walck
    There is not alot of people i trust in this world,but robert knows what he is talking about I dont care where nichole works.If there is a way robert will find it.sister can also help you.they are both great.
    It's all good,Melinda
    lisasweet likes this.

See Robert. I read your post and feel better about it and then I read the post from Nichole123 and UGH!!!! Of course it does not help that I have been on anti depresseents for many years, now wellbutrin and Cymblata 60mg. And of course you know that I stepped down on the Oxy from 60/60 to 30/30 and hit a brick wall. Just hearing her say that i am in for another nightmare, well it does give that UNEASY feeling. I can DO weeks, but months, don't thik I have the strength. I will keep reading the posts though and learn through others.

This is exactly why I told her how much she PI$$ED me off. People come on here and act like they know everything because they happen to work in a goofy rehab. BIG DEAL !!! Wish they would just stay off this forum if they are going to do what she just did to you. Now you are paranoid because of what someone said who needs to keep her opinions to herself if she can't say something constructive. Do what you like but you should not let someone like that affect what you decide. There are too many people here who know better than she does.

OK Robert and Sisterwin. I will go with the plan. I will wait until the 4th and see what the Dr. says. The 4 mg dose 2x a day seems to be working for me now several days. yesterday for no reason in the afternoon I went into the worst sweat (pouring down me in buckets) and thought I was going to throw up. Carried a bag around with me a couple hours. I took one of my husbands Valiums and layed down, fell right asleep for over and hour and woke up feeling fine, no symptoms. I am goimng to ask my primary if I can turn in my ativan that I have been taking for years (NOT abusing) and switch to 10 mg valium, when I need it. Again let me re-iterate to those of you who don't know me. I am not an abuser and never have been. I still have a bottle of percs in my purse from the original surgery in march that I don't take and I have a full bottle of tylenol and coedine I bought in Canada last Novemeber that I never opened. I just think the valium does a better job at keeping me calm when I get into a tizzy. I have been on anti depressents for years and have been on Wellbutrin and Cymbalta 60 mg for about 3 years. Any feedback on the valium for a NON ABUSER.

OK Robert and Sisterwin. I will go with the plan. I will wait until the 4th and see what the Dr. says. The 4 mg dose 2x a day seems to be working for me now several days. yesterday for no reason in the afternoon I went into the worst sweat (pouring down me in buckets) and thought I was going to throw up. Carried a bag around with me a couple hours. I took one of my husbands Valiums and layed down, fell right asleep for over and hour and woke up feeling fine, no symptoms. I am goimng to ask my primary if I can turn in my ativan that I have been taking for years (NOT abusing) and switch to 10 mg valium, when I need it. Again let me re-iterate to those of you who don't know me. I am not an abuser and never have been. I still have a bottle of percs in my purse from the original surgery in march that I don't take and I have a full bottle of tylenol and coedine I bought in Canada last Novemeber that I never opened. I just think the valium does a better job at keeping me calm when I get into a tizzy. I have been on anti depressents for years and have been on Wellbutrin and Cymbalta 60 mg for about 3 years. Any feedback on the valium for a NON ABUSER.

I am glad that you made the decision. It's good to think for yourself. You know inside that you are doing the right thing for YOU. This will end up changing your life for the better.

Taking 4mg twice daily is a perfect dose in my opinion. 8mg per day seems to work for most people I have seen. Even as much as I abused opiates for decades I was on 8mg as well. If it worked for me it should help you just fine.
    You may even find that in a short time you can function very well on a little bit less of a dose. But 8mg is fine for now.

The sweating episodes can be a normal side effect. It can also be a symptom of too high a dose. Most people don't have sweating episodes at 8mg but some have them even at very low doses. It's impossible to say exactly what the cause for the sweating is as we are all different and react to the medication a little differently from each other. I suspect that it will smooth out as you become acclimated to the suboxone. We need to give it some time and see if it corrects itself.

You do want to watch it taking any benzos with the suboxone. I realize you don't abuse it, and it's okay to take valium 10mg if you really need it. Just please don't do it on a daily basis. I was also dependent on benzos. When I cleaned up finally the last time I was taking 15-20mg a day of xanax and another 6-8mg a day of klonopin along with 40 lorcets a day. When I stopped I had seizures and it made the opiate detox seem like child's play. Had electric shock syndrome that would literally lift me off the floor. And it was so painful. You taking valium 10mg is not the same as what I was doing but all benzos are extremely addictive. Probably more so than opiates for those of us who like benzos. Just use the valium only when you have to. Then it will be okay. Keep us posted how this is working for you. God bless.

prettypoopoo is offline New Member

Default Bull!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaddyMan View Post
    Okay,

Being that I've done it all. Everything from >>>>>>, OC's, Perks, Vics, Ultrams, Codeine, everything.........It the drugs got me high I've taken them and allot of them... I was at 5 OC 80mg a day for 3 years, and then graduated to 3 or 5 bundles of >>>>>> a day.
    Anyways, . Also once you’re on suboxone it stays in your system for a day. During that time you can't get high from any opiates. The only thing with Suboxone is that in order for it to work an addict needs to have all opiates out of there system. Meaning that they will have at least 1 or 2 bad days of withdrawal.

Good Luck trust me I started on 32mg of Suboxone and I'm now down to under 8mg. I take about 3/4 of an 8mg pill a day.

P.S. as to what Needlefree4three said about Scientific tests have proven opiate addicts are some of the most intelligent people on Earth. I 100% agree..........:-) :-)
    There is withdrawal from Suboxone...albeit not as bad as >>>>>> or OC withdrawal, but I was on suboxone for 8 months and it took more than 2 months to feel normal again...even with slowly tapering from 16 to 1/4 mg a day. I felt like ********************! I got on this site and people said the longer you're on it, the harder it is to get off. So plan on taking it forever or going back to illegal narcotics.

Quote Originally Posted by prettypoopoo View Post
    There is withdrawal from Suboxone...albeit not as bad as >>>>>> or OC withdrawal, but I was on suboxone for 8 months and it took more than 2 months to feel normal again...even with slowly tapering from 16 to 1/4 mg a day. I felt like ********************! I got on this site and people said the longer you're on it, the harder it is to get off. So plan on taking it forever or going back to illegal narcotics.

People spend their lives gobbling up pills and shooting >>>>>> and God knows what all else. Who knows what all kinds of sick behavior they engage in selling their souls to the drugs. All of that is okay. But then they get on a medication like suboxone that can save their life and they think that they have been jerked around because it takes them a couple months to get "NORMAL" again. I don't buy that. Who cares about a couple of months to be clean and detox without symptoms if done properly? I think that is a very small price to pay for having your life back. And life is about choices. If you decide to use narcotics again that is your decision. It isn't due to being on or from stopping suboxone.
    CARA1336 likes this.

Default Previous post

I am still throwing up occasionally. Went to Atlantic City over night and drank NO alcohol. Little nauseaus last night and today but now I am going to go throw u p for sure. WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by prettypoopoo View Post

Well........ I guess God really loves me. I have done more drugs then most on this forum and this is not a brag. I have had a few yrs here and there clean with great efford except when out to sea...

I started the sub 7 weeks ago and began at 40mgs... way too high of a dose but by the grace of GOD.. this forum got me straighten out... I am now on .5mg and have already skipped days.... so. I blow your post right out. Rob did it in 6 weeks total and I know this man is not lying... he is off and living a normal life. I would bet my life that you didnt wean slow enough. Dont come on here and try to blow everyone else soberity. If you didnt not make it that was your choice. If you plan to stay on the sub, that is your choice (not saying a bad choice)... But to make a blanket statment as you just did really pisses me off.... YOUR WRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by nichole123 View Post
    Good luck everyone!

Nichole..... Pls research before you make such blanket statments. There are many testimonies that show the opsite of what you just stated. True, sub is an opiate, true its addictive, if abused I am sure is awful. There are too many MD's perscribing that are in this for the money, just like rehabs. You have made four post and all four very negative and half truth. Have you been on suboxone?

Not sure what your goal is but looks like your attempting to sabatoge alot of folks... why?, Do you know what the success rate of rehabs are?????? last I heard it less then 85%, I think that is generous. I have been three times and came out more brainwash and beat up then the last. I was told that I am powerless over the drugs,,, NOT TRUE. I was told once a junkie always a junkie.... what hope could I have? I was stripped of all my defenses then put out on the street..????????? this makes sense? I was screamed at, called useless, liar, piece of shi", I would never suggest to any of my friends to go inhouse rehab. 9,000 bucks and prob. more now just to be abused and convince that I have maybe 15% chance of making it????

oh yes..... and your statment previously about doing rapid detox???? Pls refrain from making such uneducated statments...... we have vunerable, scared folks coming here, some hanging by a thread as I was. You come in here and talk about something that you know nothing about. YOu almost had a hand in blowing my chance of making it..... are you going to continue?

Are there too many empty beds or what? I am sure your facility would give a bed to an un-insured active addict... so maybe you can save a life?????

Becarefull Please what you say....... esp. when you have nothing to loose. We do. Our lives. Attempt to be positive...

If you want to e-mail me for further discussion pls feel free, I would love the chance to explain further in private.
    Sister

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast