Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 2 Post By cOsMiCtRiGgEr
Suboxone kick
    suomi1lapp is offline New Member

Unhappy Suboxone kick

Hey there! I've been taking painkillers for over 10 years- anything from percocet to fentanyl or dilaudid or h- and I finally landed on the suboxone boat a couple of years ago. I've been trying to get off of it this entire time (not so easy!) but the drug has it's little orange fingers wrapped around my throat.
    It is currently day 5 of my detox. I stopped on Friday after taking 2 sublingual films of 8mg suboxone- so I had been taking about 16 a day. I did not taper down, as I found in the past that this would cause me to also *ahem* "taper up" when I got uncomfortable. Thus my current predicament of having kicked a very large amount of sub in a very short time.
    It is my understanding that the symptoms are about to get worse. Swell. If anyone has any suggestions then please let me know. I am currently vomiting and nauseated/unable to eat, I have lost about 8 pounds in these 5 days, and I can't sleep. I also have the shakes and muscle aches. I've been taking lots of baths. Last night I woke up on the bathroom floor where I had fallen asleep next to the toilet while vomiting, and I found that my fiancé had covered my in blankets and slept in the other corner of the bathroom. Just about broke my heart. My current problem is dehydration- anything I swallow comes up. And before you mention the ER, let me remind you of my former druggie status... they don't treat me so well there. I've left with large bruises that covered both arms and had IVs placed in my shoulders as a last resort when all my veins were blown. I have family that is in the medical field and let me warn you- doctors and nurses hate addicts. HATE them. Will treat them with disrespect and sometimes disdain. So no, I really don't want to go to the hospital unless I have to.
    Thank you for any help.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Replied to this post on your other thread. You need to do this properly as you have NO IDEA what you're setting yourself up for.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

How does one delete a multiple post? And despite your dour tone, I appreciate your reply. I've made it this far, I'm not going backwards by starting back on suboxone- I really don't have the self control necessary to taper down without "cheating".

BTetley123 is offline Junior Member

Dude-I'm new on sub, so I'm absolutely in no position to be giving anyone any advice on tapering. I just had to say something. THAT IS CRAZY! Listen to Robert-he has helped tons of addicts taper properly. Were all addicts-many of us of the ruthless variety. If they can taper, you can too. You WILL BE IN HELL FOR MONTHS-I'm just scared that trying to do this your way could result in a relapse back to "full" opiates. You can do a taper-there is tons of support to be had. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Replied to this post on your other thread. You need to do this properly as you have NO IDEA what you're setting yourself up for.
    Robert- If you wouldn't mind too terribly, I don't understand how re-starting suboxone at a lower dose for tapering down after 5 (now 6) days of complete abstinence from the drug would be beneficial to me. I'm most certainly not a glutton for punishment or a masochist- by all means, I want this to be as comfortable as possible (I say as I curl up on the floor with excruciating stomach cramps, but I digress).
    So back to my original question- How does restarting suboxone at a lower dose shorten my recovery time versus cold turkey from a larger dose? It doesn't make logical sense to me, so I would greatly appreciate an explanation, otherwise I may just muddle through this in a complete fog. And thank you again for your response.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by suomi1lapp View Post
    Robert- If you wouldn't mind too terribly, I don't understand how re-starting suboxone at a lower dose for tapering down after 5 (now 6) days of complete abstinence from the drug would be beneficial to me. I'm most certainly not a glutton for punishment or a masochist- by all means, I want this to be as comfortable as possible (I say as I curl up on the floor with excruciating stomach cramps, but I digress).
    So back to my original question- How does restarting suboxone at a lower dose shorten my recovery time versus cold turkey from a larger dose? It doesn't make logical sense to me, so I would greatly appreciate an explanation, otherwise I may just muddle through this in a complete fog. And thank you again for your response.

If you've been off subs for six days I would be able to re-induct you at a significantly lower dose while stabilizing you as well. While you've been on 16mg per day I know how to re-induct you at a mere fraction of that dose. Once we have you stable for a few days and you're feeling better I would provide you with an ongoing taper schedule, reducing your dose at a PROVEN and comfortable rate of titration. This method is what I used on myself and have used here for years. I have drs in my city and other parts of the country that use the protocol I'm suggesting successfully as well. This forum is full of people with histories of many years of serious opiate abuse (35 years in my case) and most have years clean today, I am approaching ten years clean. If you care to learn more about the protocol read the following link. Let me know if you want my help. I wasn't trying to be a wise guy, you are setting yourself up for months of misery doing this as you had planned. I know what I'm talking about here. Pay close attention to the INDUCTION section of the following link. I would have you totally clean off the subs in a couple months or so rather than you existing in a life of misery for who knows how long. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by Robert_325; 03-23-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    Ashleyy likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

cOsMiCtRiGgEr is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by BTetley123 View Post
    Dude-I'm new on sub, so I'm absolutely in no position to be giving anyone any advice on tapering. I just had to say something. THAT IS CRAZY! Listen to Robert-he has helped tons of addicts taper properly. Were all addicts-many of us of the ruthless variety. If they can taper, you can too. You WILL BE IN HELL FOR MONTHS-I'm just scared that trying to do this your way could result in a relapse back to "full" opiates. You can do a taper-there is tons of support to be had. Good luck.
    Hey friend! Glad you found this forum! Although it may not make logical sense to you.. What Robert said is 100% correct. You will find if you read through Enough threads that people who jump at FAR lower spears than you experience incredibly bad and prolonged withdrawal. I'm new to suboxone myself... Thankfully I found Robert and this forum BEFORE I went ahead and blindly listened to my misinformed doctor. He was trying to put me on 24mgs of subs a day. Robert was able to induce me at 2.5mg per day. I have been addicted to opiates.. Kinky >>>>>> but as of late methadone and oxycodone for more than 15 years. Roberts sub process has given me my life back. I have already tapered down to 1mg in a matter of two weeks will little or NO discomfort. His process works. He has done it successfully on literally hundreds.. If not thousand of people. You will see this in action if you read through the the many threads on this forum. You will also find.. As I mentioned before.. That people who jump off at even 2mg deal with continued withdrawal.. Which seems to persist endlessly. If you follow his instructions to the T... I suspect you will find that you won't be "cheating" etc. His taper plan affords you the ability to drop with minimal discomfort.. And also incorporates contingency plans to make this work. I haven't found a single person yet.. And i have spent DOZENS OF HOURS reading here.. That followed Roberts methods/advice who found they were unable to cope. Freedom is here waiting for you. As best as I can tell.. The sub withdrawal isn't necessarily as severe as.. fentanyl for example.. But it's just so prolonged that people go insane. You can do this! You are very fortunate to have found your way here and are now in comminication with Robert_325. Good luck!

-cos
    Kristin13 and BTetley123 like this.

Ashleyy is offline Member

Please listen to Robert. Jumping off at that high of a dose is setting yourself up for so much unnecessary pain and suffering.
    Ashley

alleycat4714 is offline Junior Member

I realize this was posted a couple weeks ago, so it's probably irrelevant now...But it's my opinion that if that's what you think is best for YOU, then go ahead. Honestly, no one has ever died from buprnorphine withdrawal alone. Studies have shown that w/d'ing suddenly does place you at a higher risk for relapse. But I can see why you did it like that, I'm not a very patient person either. Best of luck to you!