Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Suboxone help with tapering please help!
    stabone is offline Junior Member

Default Suboxone help with tapering please help!

I was posting on a different thread section with someone named Jeffrey we have been supporting each other over the past 4 days would someone please help us on our journey to defeat this suboxone taper. Here's my story: been on suboxone for 5 months just recently tapered from 1 mil to currently on my second day at .5 and doing well so far. No was successfully the last time on here and am not trying to be judged on why I back. But I started using subs again like an idiot for energy to perform at work properly .. I have since hanged jobs andy lifestyle so I can live my life clean for real this time. Please can some of you join me and my new friend Jeffrey to defeat this once and for all. Jeffery I'm here buddy please join up. Again I am currently on my second day at .5 and doing good so far. Should I just continue the taper plan as written by Robert or do I need to do something different? Thank you all so much for you care and compassion. GOD Bless all of you

jeffrey123 is offline Junior Member

Thanks Stabone, after going cold turkey a number of times and trying everything possible under the sun in my 40 year narcotic career, with 4 times clean for 4 or 5 years) the taper seems to be going incredibly smooth. Not proud of my record but it is what it is. Still have fear of the first day with nothing and it is getting close. Just going to have to suck it up and live with no energy until my body heals and I start getting that wonderful natural energy, which is actually the best. Back to work tomorrow and will check in after work.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey123 View Post
    Thanks Stabone, after going cold turkey a number of times and trying everything possible under the sun in my 40 year narcotic career, with 4 times clean for 4 or 5 years) the taper seems to be going incredibly smooth. Not proud of my record but it is what it is. Still have fear of the first day with nothing and it is getting close. Just going to have to suck it up and live with no energy until my body heals and I start getting that wonderful natural energy, which is actually the best. Back to work tomorrow and will check in after work.
    Hey buddy, well my second day at .5 has come and gone. Staying faithful! How did you do today? I think the best thing for us to do is stick to the reduction plan by dropping every 4-5 days by .25 percent! I know we can get off this stuff that's not the hard part..... It's staying clean! We are both doing great my friend. It's nice being able to communicate with someone I the same boat as I am. Thanks for being there. We are gonna get through this Jeff ! Just stick to the plan. GOD bless. Good night. .5 again tomorrow! Stay strong !

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Hey guys! Jumping off cold from even .5mg of subs is tough! I would taper down to about .375mg for four days, then go to .25mg four days, then down to .187mg four days, then to .125mg four days and then start skipping days according to the sub therapy plan. You guys are going to feel like hell doing a cold turkey off subs I guarantee. Not saying it can't be done, but you're going to be miserable so expect it to last a good couple weeks at least coming from .5mg. You ought to reconsider your plan for what my opinion is worth. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Hey guys! Jumping off cold from even .5mg of subs is tough! I would taper down to about .375mg for four days, then go to .25mg four days, then down to .187mg four days, then to .125mg four days and then start skipping days according to the sub therapy plan. You guys are going to feel like hell doing a cold turkey off subs I guarantee. Not saying it can't be done, but you're going to be miserable so expect it to last a good couple weeks at least coming from .5mg. You ought to reconsider your plan for what my opinion is worth. God bless.
    Robert its comforting to know you jumped on board. I would never jump at .5! I plan on following the taper plan just as you described GOD Bless for assisting! Today is my third day at .5 and feeling comfortable. Thank you again for being a part of my and my new friend Jeffs journey through this difficult time. My faith in the LORD is strong and I know his grace will guide me in the right direction. Thank you Robert! Jeff hang in there pal! GOD Bless all of you... There is hope and a light at the end of this dark lonely tunnel, have faith and believe

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by stabone View Post
    Robert its comforting to know you jumped on board. I would never jump at .5! I plan on following the taper plan just as you described GOD Bless for assisting! Today is my third day at .5 and feeling comfortable. Thank you again for being a part of my and my new friend Jeffs journey through this difficult time. My faith in the LORD is strong and I know his grace will guide me in the right direction. Thank you Robert! Jeff hang in there pal! GOD Bless all of you... There is hope and a light at the end of this dark lonely tunnel, have faith and believe
    Well day 3 at .5 and still feeling confident that I will be successful at doing it tomorrow for my last day before dropping to .375 on Wednesday! Jeff I hope you did great today! I'm praying for you! I will check back in later to see how you did! GOD bless!
    Robert_325 likes this.

I admit I am getting impatient and want this over with, but am going to slow down and stay one more day at .375. That will make 4 days. Weds. I plan to drop to .25 and follow Roberts plan. It has worked so good so far I sure don't need to mess with it. I have been cutting 8mg strips but am going to break out the one strip I have of 2 mg. That way I can be a little more accurate at the small doses. I saved it just for that reason. I did do fine today but started getting flushy and hot and sweaty. Just drank a lot of water. It does seem to me that the third day after a reduction can be the toughest. Thanks for all your support and hope today goes as well for both of us and anyone else trying to get off this stuff.
    Robert_325 likes this.

I admit I am getting impatient and want this over with, but am going to slow down and stay one more day at .375. That will make 4 days. Weds. I plan to drop to .25 and follow Roberts plan. It has worked so good so far I sure don't need to mess with it. I have been cutting 8mg strips but am going to break out the one strip I have of 2 mg. That way I can be a little more accurate at the small doses. I saved it just for that reason. I did do fine today but started getting flushy and hot and sweaty. Just drank a lot of water. It does seem to me that the third day after a reduction can be the toughest. Thanks for all your support and hope today goes as well for both of us and anyone else trying to get off this stuff.
    Glad u did good today. I have to agree with you about the 3rd day during reduction. Take your time just like you said. I'm
    Also going to do the same. Let's not get discouraged. Well done today Jeff. Robert thanks to you also! GOD bless, good night

Glad u did good today. I have to agree with you about the 3rd day during reduction. Take your time just like you said. I'm
    Also going to do the same. Let's not get discouraged. Well done today Jeff. Robert thanks to you also! GOD bless, good night
    I have a question about subs. Has anyone ever had memory loss while one it? Also if I have an open package of sub strip will it slowly loose potency after several days of being open?

Stabone. Good to hear from you. Hope your day went well. I am going to reduce again tommorrow to .25 and see what happens, This might be a tough one. If it is I will reconsider. I agree lets not get discouraged and stick with the plan. Your question about loss of potency is a good one I have often wondered about. After I open mine I keep the opened pack in a zip lock bag in hopes that it keeps it fresher. I hope someone else has an answer for your question. Someone at work gave me a over the counter herbal supplement called Phenibut. It seemed to help me sleep better last night and I had a pretty decent morning at work. Has anyone ever heard of this stuff and have an opinion, good or bad? Thanks again for checking in. Hope your day tomorrow goes well.

Stabone. Good to hear from you. Hope your day went well. I am going to reduce again tommorrow to .25 and see what happens, This might be a tough one. If it is I will reconsider. I agree lets not get discouraged and stick with the plan. Your question about loss of potency is a good one I have often wondered about. After I open mine I keep the opened pack in a zip lock bag in hopes that it keeps it fresher. I hope someone else has an answer for your question. Someone at work gave me a over the counter herbal supplement called Phenibut. It seemed to help me sleep better last night and I had a pretty decent morning at work. Has anyone ever heard of this stuff and have an opinion, good or bad? Thanks again for checking in. Hope your day tomorrow goes well.
    I have never heard of that before, I would look into it though as a lot of meds do interact negitivly with subs and other opiates. My day went well but struggled a little. I'm going to go one more day at .5 then drop if I has stabilized (Robert am I correct in doing that) Jeff I'm so proud I you man!!! Your doing awesome! We will beat this! I'm off to bed long day. I'll post tomorrow. GOD bless !

I have never heard of that before, I would look into it though as a lot of meds do interact negitivly with subs and other opiates. My day went well but struggled a little. I'm going to go one more day at .5 then drop if I has stabilized (Robert am I correct in doing that) Jeff I'm so proud I you man!!! Your doing awesome! We will beat this! I'm off to bed long day. I'll post tomorrow. GOD bless !
    Today was a good day, I'm going to stay at .5 for one more day then reduce. Jeff hope you had another successful day! GOD bless

thalia45 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Here's the guy to listen to. Robert has devoted countless hours to helping people and will stick with you. I know n-o-t-h-i-n-g but will be a cheerleader.

Quote Originally Posted by thalia45 View Post
    Here's the guy to listen to. Robert has devoted countless hours to helping people and will stick with you. I know n-o-t-h-i-n-g but will be a cheerleader.
    Awesome! Thank you so much !!!! Definatly could use all te encouragement as possible. GOD Bless

Hello Stabone and Thalia....I did okay today....a little chronic neck pain starting to return but actually pretty stable. I will cut to .25 tomorrow and see how things go. Like I said I have read so many of these threads that I am a little worried about stopping completely. I know from the past it is when you finally give up that last crutch that you have to really face life without drugs. But for now I will worry about today today and tomorrow tomorrow. Thanks

Stabone...hope your day went well...I know you work long hours.....I had a long day but did okay....hoping to cut to about .1875 saturday morning....Hang in there.....

almost_there212 is offline New Member

I am just starting a sub taper...only been on subs for a month...but i'll lend my support to you guys im following robert's tapering plan too! I'm only one day one at 2mg but hey, its a start! Good luck
    stabone likes this.

Stabone...hope your day went well...I know you work long hours.....I had a long day but did okay....hoping to cut to about .1875 saturday morning....Hang in there.....
    Hey buddy ! I did good again my phone died yesterday and by the time I got home I was shot. I'm finding that it's getting harder to sleep but took 2 excedrine pm and went lights out. I have made a descision to stay at .5 till Sunday before I make the drop again. After Sunday is my vacation and feel more confident that I can rest and retain energy, mentally it comforts me to know that I am for sure I have stabilized. Jeff you are kicking the poop out of this, you are so damn close! Very proud of you! I'll catch up tonight GOD bless

Quote Originally Posted by almost_there212 View Post
    I am just starting a sub taper...only been on subs for a month...but i'll lend my support to you guys im following robert's tapering plan too! I'm only one day one at 2mg but hey, its a start! Good luck
    Welcome aboard! Thanks for joining I will be here fr you as well ! We can all do this with all of our support! Always remember when starting sub that less is more. Roberts plan works I have personally used it in past and was clean for quite some time. You can do it be focus as positive. GOD bless!
    almost_there212 likes this.

Welcome aboard! Thanks for joining I will be here fr you as well ! We can all do this with all of our support! Always remember when starting sub that less is more. Roberts plan works I have personally used it in past and was clean for quite some time. You can do it be focus as positive. GOD bless!
    Day One: Today is a good day, starting on a 2mg dose, hopefully I will be stabile throughout the day and not have to go to 3 mg. One question for anyone...when your tapering, how are you sure you are getting the correct dose? Like, today I broke my sub into 4ths, but when I drop to a 1.5 mg in 4 days, how will I measure that our correctly? Hope everyone is doing well! Thanks
    stabone likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by almost_there212 View Post
    Day One: Today is a good day, starting on a 2mg dose, hopefully I will be stabile throughout the day and not have to go to 3 mg. One question for anyone...when your tapering, how are you sure you are getting the correct dose? Like, today I broke my sub into 4ths, but when I drop to a 1.5 mg in 4 days, how will I measure that our correctly? Hope everyone is doing well! Thanks

If you're at 2mg, take the 2mg dose and crush it, divide with a razor into four equal .5mg piles. Eyeballing it is close enough for our purposes. Then you can easily take whatever you need from those small piles, use a creased business card or something similar and pour it under your tongue. It will dissolve very quickly if you drink some water first and will work fine. Hope that helps. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Hey buddy ! I did good again my phone died yesterday and by the time I got home I was shot. I'm finding that it's getting harder to sleep but took 2 excedrine pm and went lights out. I have made a descision to stay at .5 till Sunday before I make the drop again. After Sunday is my vacation and feel more confident that I can rest and retain energy, mentally it comforts me to know that I am for sure I have stabilized. Jeff you are kicking the poop out of this, you are so damn close! Very proud of you! I'll catch up tonight GOD bless
    It encourages me to see you guys doing this, hopefully I'll be in your shoes in couple weeks!! Keep it up

John78 is offline New Member

I am glad I found this thread!I have been on the subs a month tomorrow and have tapered from 12 mg to .5.I started the jump down to .5 today and I hope I can get through until Monday and drop again.I had a rough time dropping from 1 to .75 but I finally think I am ready for the jump to .5.I also had a really hard time only dosing once a day but I think I am getting used to it.Good luck guys and I am right behind ya!

Yeah Team. The weekend is here and I am cutting to three quarters of .25. Whatever the math comes out to be. I am lucky enough to be working with a 2 mg strip, and it is lasting forever. Had a hard time sleeping last night even though I took the advil PM. Put in a long day at work today so I didn't have much time to think about it. I am tired right now and going to take a hot bath and probably go to bed a little early. Glad you made it back on line Stabone. Almost there and John78 stick to the plan and it will be done soon. Biggest thing for me was not to worry about how many days I stayed still before reducing....3, 4, 5 or even more.....as long as I didn't go backwards and add more. Its not easy but it is the most humane way I have ever detoxed in my 40 year love afair with opiates. Thanks every one....

This subutex is so powerful. Last night was the first time I felt any of Restless Legs. It wasn't until I was under .25, and I woke up from a nap today with watery eyes and the first time I feel like I am going through any kind of withdrawals. I am trying not to panic and for sure am not going to take anything. I know I have to get use to this feeling of the lead suit, I have felt it a hundred times before. Still staying positive and still think it will not be as bad as other cold turkeys I have experienced. But I just counted the hours till I dose again..( 11 and one half). I am glad it is the weekend and I am not feeling this at work. I am starting to face the facts that next week at work could be a tough one. Hope you had a good day Stabone and enjoy the next 2 days off. Thanks

This subutex is so powerful. Last night was the first time I felt any of Restless Legs. It wasn't until I was under .25, and I woke up from a nap today with watery eyes and the first time I feel like I am going through any kind of withdrawals. I am trying not to panic and for sure am not going to take anything. I know I have to get use to this feeling of the lead suit, I have felt it a hundred times before. Still staying positive and still think it will not be as bad as other cold turkeys I have experienced. But I just counted the hours till I dose again..( 11 and one half). I am glad it is the weekend and I am not feeling this at work. I am starting to face the facts that next week at work could be a tough one. Hope you had a good day Stabone and enjoy the next 2 days off. Thanks
    I hope you get through this alright! Hang in there! I'm only on my second day, so Ican'give ne advice but hang in there

Thanks for the encouragement. Hope you hang in there also. I went by my daughters to drop of some Pizza at her Bunko party and was talking to her guests and feeling a bit like my old self again. It was a kind of detoxy nervous energy but it was pretty cool. There really is nothing like being clean. I'm think I am starting to feel the LOVE energy again which for me really is the only worthwhile substitute for the drugs.

Anonymous Guest

go you guys, doing awesomely on this thread.. just if this helps anyone, when i got to the micro doses of subs, i switched to taking it at night, so i got a good nights sleep, and when i was feelin it a little, i was at work during the day, and busy. it seemed to take my mind off it...
    good luck... its so great to be clean after years on drugs.... go jeffrey... love your comment bout it being the most humane way youve ever detoxed in your 40 year love affair with opiates....

i could so relate to that.. subs are a wonderful tool for us...
    stabone likes this.

Hey guys! Looking at all the post on here it's awesome to have everyone here goin thru this together. I haven't post in a day but still going strong at .5 till tommorrow I know I have stabilized now and most of the left over 1 mill and .75 has had to of left me by now. I'm doing a longer taper I did 7 days at .5 and feel ready for the next step. Jeff your kicking this things butt! Hang in there take your time an don't get discouraged! My only hope is that you hang around to see me beat this as well! I didn't post yesterday, my sister and her husband came in town with their kids and I was with them! I'm so proud of all of you together we can all do this! GOD bless

Thanks Team....Glad you posted stabone..Have a great day off....I think they say it takes 40 days to establish a good habit( and for addicts like me about 2 days to establish an unhealthy one), I am hoping I can post on here for 40 days because for me this would indeed be a good healthy habit...glad your taking it slow and steady....I would be doing a little slower but I have that Hawaii kayak vacation in a little over 2 weeks....It is amazing how the healthy, clean, warm, fuzzy feelings are starting to creep back into my life when I hear music, be there for my kids, talk to friends about the things in life that really matter, get or give a smile...... trying to be grateful and appreciate those positives instead of focus on the negatives...Thanks Cheeky for the advise and your participation in our thread....I think that would be a good idea for me....one of my big fears is waking up in the morning and starting my day with nothing...it would be a huge step if I could make the switch to dosing at night..and sleep is getting a little tougher.....funny how my addict brain wants to take the dose 10 hours early to make the switch instead of waiting 36 hours.....but this is something I might try this week.....Has anyone tried Phenibut???....It is a legal supplement that is suppose to be an anti-anxiety and sleep aid with a little euphoria......I have had people tell me it is pretty good ....just wondered what the communities views were.....whether or not is crosses the line of being a drug and not a health aid.....maybe I will figure out how to search it on this site..Almost_there hope all is well with you...I am going to search your posts and see how you are doing.....anyways Happy Mothers day to all the Mothers out there......Lots of love your way.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast