Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SuzieOf
Suboxone Help, Please!!!!
    almost_there212 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone Help, Please!!!!

Hello!
    I have been taking Suboxone for a month now. I was using Percocets (120-180mg/day) for about 3 months after being taken off my prescribed pain meds of Vicodin and Tramadol for fibromyalgia. The first day I began Suboxone I went into immediate PW, it was horrible! But I stabilized, and have been comfortable at 2-3mg of Suboxone per day for the past 3 weeks.
    I would like some information on tapering Suboxone, how do I get off of it without withdrawal, I have seen some posts from Robert_325 on this...I would like his advice, or anyones advice on this. I can provide more information as needed.
    My major question tonight is that I relasped and took 30mg of Percocet around 8:30 PM tonight. I did take a 4mg dose of Suboxone around 12:30 PM today. I am wondering if I can just take my usual dose tomorrow morning, since the Suboxone should have "blocked" the Percocet? Or do I need to go into withdrawal again to avoid precipitated withdrawal tomorrow? I have to work tomorrow and obviously do not want to do anything that would make me horribly sick. Please any advice would be very appreciated on both subjects. I am really trying to do this the right way, and I need some support! Thank you in advance to anyone who responds.

SuzieOf is offline Member

Sorry I did not see this in time. I hope you just took your dose as you do not need to be in w/d again. I will give you the link for Robert's taper process that should work fine for you. It is to taper by 25% every four days and then start a skipping days process when you get down to .25mg. or lower. This method has worked for literally thousands of people. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    almost_there212 likes this.

almost_there212 is offline New Member

Thank you! And yes, I took half my dose this morning just to make sure I'd be fine, and of course I was! I'm glad I got back on track easily enough! Thnks for replying...I'm new to this site, and not sure how to ask questions and post on forums. Thanks for the link, I'm def. going to check it out! )