suboxone clonazepam
    reno 30 is offline New Member

Default suboxone clonazepam

Have been on suboxone 8 mg a day for 6 years . I t was used in rehab for opiate addiction. I have not abused sub or opiates since. Two years ago my doctor put me on klonopin for anxiety. Its time to get off both however my plan was to stay on 1 mg klono until I taper off Sub. Currently at 3mg once a day on suboxone and want to start futher taper as describer by this forum . Know I'm gonna need help as already starting to feel a little withdrawel prior to time when I take the 3mg dose.

Have had trouble sleeping and was given 5 - HTP by family member. Not sure if this is good becasue I've read St. John's Wart cause some problems.

Also wanted to know if iot would be beneficial to take 1.5 mg twice daily.

New to the forum but not this medicine.

any help would be greatly appreciated

reno

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by reno 30 View Post
    Have been on suboxone 8 mg a day for 6 years . I t was used in rehab for opiate addiction. I have not abused sub or opiates since. Two years ago my doctor put me on klonopin for anxiety. Its time to get off both however my plan was to stay on 1 mg klono until I taper off Sub. Currently at 3mg once a day on suboxone and want to start futher taper as describer by this forum . Know I'm gonna need help as already starting to feel a little withdrawel prior to time when I take the 3mg dose.

Have had trouble sleeping and was given 5 - HTP by family member. Not sure if this is good becasue I've read St. John's Wart cause some problems.

Also wanted to know if iot would be beneficial to take 1.5 mg twice daily.

New to the forum but not this medicine.

any help would be greatly appreciated

reno

Reno .... if you're already accustomed to taking your dose all at once there is no need to change that. Lots of people dose once a day. After all this time it would be harder on you to switch to two doses than to continue what you've been doing even though I usually suggest a split dose to people starting out on subs.

If you'll reduce your dose by 25% for about four days you should do fine tapering down. So reduce the dose to 2.25mg four days and let's see how you do. Keep in touch and you'll get lots of support here.

It's also easier to take one battle at a time. Let's get you off the subs and then go after those klonopin. If you try and stop them both at once you won't know what you're having w/d symptoms from. Hang in there. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Suboxowned is offline Member

I have been having success with 5-htp. It has been helping me sleep good. Everyone is different tho.

Default Will keep you posted

Thanks for you reply will keep yu informed on how I make out. it is great to see your reply robert - i trust in you not sure if i can keep working - they want me 50 hours a week to much i think,

Anonymous Guest

i had two days off at the start of subs. and i was on them for 1 year and 3 months, and i never had to take time off... in fact i found it was better to be busy while tapering then getting off....

just sayin, plenty of people can still work thru this, as long as you do it right...

good luck

Thanks for your advice. I am hanging in there, it is definetly rough, but have to get through it. I just hope that when its all done i feel okay and have energy again. I am planning on going from 3mg. to 2.5 on monday . Keep you posted thanks

gareoke is offline New Member

Hey Reno - I'm really glad that you are now at two MG. You've come a long way and there is alot of dedication and work to go. We are really proud of what you have accomplished so far. Just think next week you will be under 2 mg. So thankful for this forum.

Reno - you are not at 1.5 mg this is great.

Without Reno posting you must wonder how I know this. He is my son and I'm very proud of him. I would like to say that every day I read the posts on this forum and although I can't really contribute anything not having gone through any drug addictions myself - I want you all to know that I'm confident there are many people like myself who read your progress everyday and are cheering you on. I cry for you , pray for you, and sometimes even laugh with you. All of you that are going through this are to be commended, and those of you who do offer advise ,guidance, friendship,and inspiration - you are very special people ! Tne best to everyone !! Never give up !

WOW - 1.125 Last Night - I know it seems like a long ways to go but you will make it ! Just think - Next week you are under 1.0