Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
Suboxone 4 pain???
    Suboxowned is offline Member

Default Suboxone 4 pain???

When I first started Suboxone, it was to get off of hydrocodone. My doc gave me the option to switch to a stronger pain medication (like oxy's) or switch to Suboxone to help alleviate withdrawals and help for pain management. Since then I have been told repeatedly that suboxone is good for mild to moderate pain control. I just came across the information the pharmacy gives you with your medicine and it clearly states on this paper: This medication should not be used for pain relief. Serious, possibly fatal, breathing problems may occur.
    So, why do the docs tell you that you can take it for pain?

Anonymous Guest

in the old days subs were called temgesics over here and they were .2 or .4mg in strength... they were for pain... these days however it is thought they arent much good for pain at all.. but they are great for addiction, and a tool for gettin clean.....

just continue with your taper and you will be ok...

Robert_325 is offline Retired

The only time the low doses work for pain control is with low grade chronic pain.. I wouldn't personally use subs for pain medication. Hope that when this is over you won't need pain meds anymore. God bless..
    Suboxowned likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.