Suboxen dosage
    jewels32us is offline New Member

Default Suboxen dosage

Desperatly need some help here. My son was just put on suboxen film 16 mg day for opiate use. He is now on forth day of use. He has only been doing about 12mg. His doctor feels he may be on the subs at least 6mon to year due to the fact he was in 2 treatmant centers one he was away for 7 mon and within 1 mon he was using. This has been so difficult watching him suffer so here we are trying this. He is also seeing a counsler. My question is I am so fearful that he will be on subs forever. I must say I feel it is helping him he is not feaning to use. I actually see him eating better and overall in a better space. We go back to md this week should he tell him he is only using that much and is it wise to take same time of day. He has been taking when awakes and on the weekend he sleeps in. Please someone help me I am concerned that he is not taking them properly. Also I am hoping he will be drug free within 6 months. He is my heart and I need some answers. Im thinking his dose from md is to much.He has been using opiates for about 2yrs with a 7month clean. Ok Im done rambling any input would be greatly appriciated.

Jay44 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by jewels32us View Post
    Desperatly need some help here. My son was just put on suboxen film 16 mg day for opiate use. He is now on forth day of use. He has only been doing about 12mg. His doctor feels he may be on the subs at least 6mon to year due to the fact he was in 2 treatmant centers one he was away for 7 mon and within 1 mon he was using. This has been so difficult watching him suffer so here we are trying this. He is also seeing a counsler. My question is I am so fearful that he will be on subs forever. I must say I feel it is helping him he is not feaning to use. I actually see him eating better and overall in a better space. We go back to md this week should he tell him he is only using that much and is it wise to take same time of day. He has been taking when awakes and on the weekend he sleeps in. Please someone help me I am concerned that he is not taking them properly. Also I am hoping he will be drug free within 6 months. He is my heart and I need some answers. Im thinking his dose from md is to much.He has been using opiates for about 2yrs with a 7month clean. Ok Im done rambling any input would be greatly appriciated.
    Hey welcome to the forum. Usually the wknd's are fairly slow but it def picks up during the week. I myself was started on 12mgs a day & found that I could barely function on that high of a dose. I would also like to tell u there are many experienced people on this forum who have used opiates for yrs & also used & are now suboxone free. Thanks to the good people of this forum I started at 4mgs a day & have been tapering down since. Most people here would prob recommend no more than 4mgs a day. Important aspect, is taking the subs at the same time every day, Usually twice daily dosing. I do 9 & 5. U will hear people on the forum talk abt how important the timing is bc it keeps our dose consistant throughout the days & weeks. There is a tapering method which u could look at later. I would seek advice from Robert 325 for sub advice. It's an awful feeling to be addicted to opiates but it sounds like your son has a great support system. Good luck.

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jewels32us View Post

Jewels ..... Welcome to the forum! I will give you the link below as to how we do it here on the forum with the Sub inductuon and taper. Basically you get stable on your current dose and then reduce that dose by 25% every 4 days or so. And when you get down to a dose under say 0.25 mg's you can then jump or use the day-skipping process. It is all explained in the link below.

The 12 mg he is now on is just much too high of a dose! That dose should be brought down immediately in my opinion. Maybe to about no more than 6-8 mg TOTAL per day used in 2 separate doses of 3-4 mg each. It is very important that it is taken at the same time each day as well!

Read the link below very carefully and if you need any further help then someone will be here at all times. Again welcome and you have come to the right place for help with the Subs. God Bless....Denny

Sub Induction and Taper Plan
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by Denny_D; 01-16-2012 at 09:21 PM.