Subitex: 2mg once per day or 1 mg twice per day?
    firahs75 is offline Junior Member

Default Subitex: 2mg once per day or 1 mg twice per day?

Which way is more effective? I am taking subutex not only for opiate addiction but also because it controls my pain. If I ever intend to wean down, is it better to be dosing once per day? Thanks!

alleycat4714 is offline Junior Member

This is just my experience, not based on anything from a professional, but I take generic Subutex, and I don't think it lasts as long as Suboxone. I don't really start to notice unless I forget to dose as my usual time. Some people can have reactions to the naloxone in Suboxone (it's an antagonist), but it's pretty rare. Idk if you take brand name or generic Sub but the tabs I have are hard even to break in half, I couldn't imagine trying to split those into tiny doses...just some food for thought! Best of luck to you!

firahs75 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat4714 View Post
    This is just my experience, not based on anything from a professional, but I take generic Subutex, and I don't think it lasts as long as Suboxone. I don't really start to notice unless I forget to dose as my usual time. Some people can have reactions to the naloxone in Suboxone (it's an antagonist), but it's pretty rare. Idk if you take brand name or generic Sub but the tabs I have are hard even to break in half, I couldn't imagine trying to split those into tiny doses...just some food for thought! Best of luck to you!
    The best way to split into small doses is to crush the pill and divide into equal piles, then pour under the tongue with a business card. For example, if I wanted to take .25 mg, just crush a 2mg pill, divide into two equal lines, then divide one of your 1mg lines into two .50 mg lines and so on. Works well, and works way better than trying to cut those films. Hate those with a passion. So hard to accurately cut, can't touch them with fingers, they supposedly deteriorate after opening the pouch....seriously, what good are they?
    Last edited by ddcmod; 04-09-2012 at 03:52 PM.

alleycat4714 is offline Junior Member

Talking

Yeah i hear ya. ASometimes I'd try to take those while driving or something and it would start dissolving on my hand! That was the worst having to suck on my finger for 10min, lol. Thanks for the advice though! I was picturing trying to break off a crumb. And good luck with your treatment!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 04-09-2012 at 03:52 PM.