Starting Suboxone taper on Thursday. I have some Questions for Robert 325
    NotAgain911 is offline Junior Member

Default Starting Suboxone taper on Thursday. I have some Questions for Robert 325

So I have been reading this forum for a couple weeks and I have to commend Robert for everything you do. The time you spend giving back is incredible!!!!!!! You have saved many lives! So I am going to see a Sub Dr. on thursday to start a taper and I was wondering if the longer I can detox before I start subs will make the taper more comfortable. I am hoping that the Dr. will agree let me follow your taper plan. I have been told that this Dr. likes to do a fast taper and won't want me on the Subs long term. Do you think it would be a good idea to stop using tomorrow so that come thurday I will have been detoxing for 2.5 days. This will be hard for me as I will be working but if it will make things easier in the long run I am all for trying

Also i for got to mention that i have been using at least a gram of D a day along with differant opiate painkillers for 5 months. I was clean for four years prior to that. How much Sub do you think would be a good dose to start on. Thanks so much. I am looking for any support i can get as i am in this all alone exept for this forum. Thanks!

DDAVE45 is offline Member

notagain......welcome to the forum....What exactly have you been taking and for how long?

Thanks for the Reply Dave! I was a very heavy opiate user for 6+ years and then I got clean for 4 years. 5 months ago I was prescribed Perks (Very bad decision on my part!) for a toothache. I abused the prescription and when I ran out I was having WD's so I started buying more. At this point I should have detoxed CT but things like birthdays and work related matters kept coming up and I kept using. Within a month I couldn't get pills and on to the the H I went. I have been using at least a G of H a day plus pills when I can get them. I can't tell anyone about this especially my work and I just want to get off this stuff. I am starting to lose everything I have build up in my life while I was clean. I need to detox and be able to function at work and around the people close to me. So anyways I'm just babbling on now sorry. So yeah I have been using at least a G of down and pills on top of that some days. Thanks For listening.
    Last edited by NotAgain911; 04-16-2012 at 11:28 PM.

When robert is back im sure he'll induct you......until then this should help so check this out.......http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by NotAgain911 View Post
    So I have been reading this forum for a couple weeks and I have to commend Robert for everything you do. The time you spend giving back is incredible!!!!!!! You have saved many lives! So I am going to see a Sub Dr. on thursday to start a taper and I was wondering if the longer I can detox before I start subs will make the taper more comfortable. I am hoping that the Dr. will agree let me follow your taper plan. I have been told that this Dr. likes to do a fast taper and won't want me on the Subs long term. Do you think it would be a good idea to stop using tomorrow so that come thurday I will have been detoxing for 2.5 days. This will be hard for me as I will be working but if it will make things easier in the long run I am all for trying

Try to get the sub dr to give you the subs, tell him you're not quite ready to be inducted yet so that he doesn't start you on the classic HIGH dose that most sub drs are noted for. I can induct you right here as DDave mentioned. Read that link he posted. It tells you exactly how I have done the inductions here for years. I assure you that I can have you stable most likely at well under 4mg total. These sub drs want you to start at 16mg per day or more most often which is totally uncalled for. You just end up becoming a sub addict and we don't want that. Keep me posted. I will check the forum periodically so don't freak out if I don't post back in five minutes. My computer access is somewhat limited at this time, but I will induct you if you'll do as I ask. There are LOTS of success stories around the forum if you care to check them out. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by DDAVE45 View Post
    When robert is back im sure he'll induct you......until then this should help so check this out.......http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Hey thanks for sending the link Dave! And Robert has sent me a Msg and is going to help me through the taper!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Try to get the sub dr to give you the subs, tell him you're not quite ready to be inducted yet so that he doesn't start you on the classic HIGH dose that most sub drs are noted for. I can induct you right here as DDave mentioned. Read that link he posted. It tells you exactly how I have done the inductions here for years. I assure you that I can have you stable most likely at well under 4mg total. These sub drs want you to start at 16mg per day or more most often which is totally uncalled for. You just end up becoming a sub addict and we don't want that. Keep me posted. I will check the forum periodically so don't freak out if I don't post back in five minutes. My computer access is somewhat limited at this time, but I will induct you if you'll do as I ask. There are LOTS of success stories around the forum if you care to check them out. God bless.
    Hey thanks for getting back to me Robert! Just hearing from you seems to give me some added confidence that i can successfully get through this. Now it seems to me that I'm not going to have any other option than to take my first dose in his office. I was told on the phone that i was going to be there for a couple of hours. The good news is that I was told that this doctor likes to taper you off as fast as you can and I'm sure he is going to want to start me off on a low dose. I will tell him that i want to try and start at 1-2mg's and see how I feel, and that I want to be inducted at no more than 4mg's. I am going to stop using as of now and i am being inducted on Thursday at 3pm. That will give me a full 48 hours detox before my induction. Do you think going longer than 24 hours will help in the long run? I have a fast metabolism and in 48 hours I will be full blown withdrawal as when i take my last hit late at night i wake up feeling sick. I think it would be better for me to take 2 doses of sub a day because of my fast metabolism. Would this be okay to do starting day 2? Thanks again

no problem buddy........just remember that the lower the dose you start out on ....the quicker you'll be done. Use the subs as a tool to get clean and never look back. So as of right now you havent taken anything right?

Quote Originally Posted by DDAVE45 View Post
    no problem buddy........just remember that the lower the dose you start out on ....the quicker you'll be done. Use the subs as a tool to get clean and never look back. So as of right now you havent taken anything right?
    The last time i used was 12pm today and i am going to the doctor Thursday at 3pm. That will give me 48 hours of detox before i start on the subs. Its going to be a tough 48 hours waiting but it is well worth the wait. I just have to stay strong and know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. The WD's won't hit me too hard until tomorrow but they are slowly going to start creeping in now. I have to work tomorrow and Thursday until my oppointment. It's going to be ruff but at least my job isn't physically demanding. I do have to meet with different people but not on the next 2 days. How will i be feeking on Thursday after I start the subs? The WD symptom i hate the most is the stomach cramps and was wondering if anyone knew of a remedy i could use over the next 2 days? Thanks so much!!!!

Well i am about 24 hours into my CT withdrawals waiting it out till i start Subs. I'm def not feeling very good right now but i know that there is light at the end of tunnel. I found that around 40 hours is when i used to pick up again when i would try years ago. I am just going to have to stay strong. I think knowing that i should be feeling better after i see the Dr tomorrow is making it easier.