Starting sub tomorrow - Robert, sent you a PM. I would love your help.
    sunnydayz is offline Junior Member

Default Starting sub tomorrow - Robert, sent you a PM. I would love your help.

I've been on sub before and now I am going back on it to reduce any surprise cravings that may come up during early sobriety, and would like to be off them asap. Robert if you can, please PM me to get me started. I'd like, really need to begin tomorrow. I have the 8/2mg and need instruction. Peace!
    This is my experience, strength, and hope I share...
    "Take what you need, leave the rest"

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    I've been on sub before and now I am going back on it to reduce any surprise cravings that may come up during early sobriety, and would like to be off them asap. Robert if you can, please PM me to get me started. I'd like, really need to begin tomorrow. I have the 8/2mg and need instruction. Peace!

I'm not sure why you would want to go back on subs? Surprise cravings? That is part of staying clean and subs are an opiate, they ARE drugs! Talk to me, tell me why you want to do this. I totally disagree using subs to protect yourself. Subs are not a miracle drug that keeps you clean, they are a tool to get clean. Explain to me please because I'm not sure what you want me to do. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Also to relieve the wd's, took last norco 3 days ago and feeling really bad since I've been on/off them for quite awhile because first the kidney stones, then overtaking them because of the addict in me. I agree with you that they are not a miracle drug and they won't KEEP me clean. But for now I feel I need relief from wd's and a safety net for the first few weeks without getting back on any pills. I feel pretty strong in my desire to remain sober. I of course am scared as well. It may not be the best thing to do, my doctor (addiction md) thought so, which I know I have the right to choose but I don't want to fail. I DO want off sub asap however.

I decided to just take 1/2 until next week and stay on 1/4 for a week, then 14/ every other day, then off. Even if I suffer a little wd, it's ok with me, I HATE the side effects of sub. I may not have filled you in on everything, I was back in the hospital AGAIN last week and instead of waiting for the pain from the 9 mm stone I decided to just start the sub, after lots of pain meds/ morphine at the hospital. But thank you for writing and being here. I'll let you know how it goes w/ the sub, I think it's best, but that's my opinion. Take Care and Talk Soon ~ peace, jules

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Jules ..... I hope you're talking about .5mg, not half a pill. If you do this just take a very minimal amount or you'll be stirring up something that could make this worse. Keep me posted. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Hi Robert!
    Glad to hear from you. Yes I'm taking the sub film and I did actually start on a 1/2 of film but plan to go down to 1/4 soon. I know you work with so many, I can't imagine how you keep up with everyone but I admire your strength and your giving to others. I just was on/off the pain meds/ER morphine and ended up needing to begin sub and I don't know if Im doing it right , my doc said take 1/2 if I wanted so I guess yes taking 1/2 of 8/2mg film. Want to cut down to 1/4 of it next week then every other day, then off. Even if I go through some wd's as long as I can tolerate the wd's with all else I have going on in my *new life* without feeling too too bad, I'll take a little feeling bad rather than be tied to yet another "opiod" that I can't afford and don't want to be tied to. I'll keep you posted and so appreciate your support. I have a 6 yr old and I am working so hard with her on her tutoring this summer, and we both are going for counseling tomorrow (which is GREAT progress). I'm a little manic (very), so my doc has asked me to go on depakote, when my high's are so high where I end up SO stressed and trying to do EVERYTHING to fix my world in a day, I really gotta start taking my meds even tho' I hate being on them, gotta do what's best for me, and secondly, my daughter. I know I got off track, i've been off track all day. Have achieved a lot but really need to slow it down. You are right, I need to take it one day at a time or I'll just end up seeking relief from the stress again and I DON"T want that. Thanks Robert and Peace, Jules
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-22-2012 at 05:19 AM.