Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Strong Desire
So many loose threads
    Halloweenhead is offline Member

Default So many loose threads

It saddens me that there are so many people who seemed to be doing so well with their suboxone taper, etc. and haven't posted in their threads for so long. God I hate this disease...
    Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I'm just an addict who knows a little about drugs.

iloerose is online now Platinum Member

Well, maybe you can perk up: some of those people did just fine and finally got off the sub and are into their lives. Some because, well, maybe they got it and finished on their own, some flat out failed and went back, but I'd like to believe that they got it and went on with their lives. Few people actually stay on after they succeed in beating this disease. Some return again and again, relapsing back to where they started. Some of us go away for a bit because we have busy lives or need to focus on other aspects of our recovery and then come back to "pay it forward". Cheeky used to say: "is that a demon on my back? I thought it was a wee cute monkey." Yup, the demon is always there. But people do succeed, sometimes the forum just gives them a bounce into their own recovery.

Peace,

Iloerose

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Halloweenhead View Post
    It saddens me that there are so many people who seemed to be doing so well with their suboxone taper, etc. and haven't posted in their threads for so long. God I hate this disease...
    Hi There!

I am new here this week and my thread is in the "Need to Talk" section. I post my updates quite regularily! I am always looking for a new friend to taper with or support, or both! Take a peek at my thread if you get the time! You are ahead of me, but close enough to help/support each other!

I see on your other thread that you have tapered down to a dose 0f .25mg, maybe lower by now? I inducted with Robert's help at a total daily dose of only 1.7mg! I tapered down Sat. morning by the 25% reduction to my new dose of 1.275mg total daily.

I am taking .63mg twice per day. I would say that I am doing just great with it to this point! Seems that you are too and that's awesome! I will support you all the way now that we have met. I could certainly use your support as well if you are so inclined?

I plan on remaining here to help others when I am completely clean! So I am learning as I go right now! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as we both make the attempt to get our lives back. Wishing you the very best!

Big Hugs,
    Karen
    Last edited by Strong Desire; 06-17-2012 at 01:47 AM.
    iloerose likes this.