Skipped Yesterday... Woke up yucky!
    Ashleyy is offline Member

Default Skipped Yesterday... Woke up yucky!

I skipped taking my dose yesterday... I had just forgotten to take it. This morning when I finally took my dose at 10:00am. It is good to know I can skip a day if needed though. Really good to know!

I tried to completely ignore any and all symptoms after I started getting them around 6:00am in my SLEEP, but the symptoms are definitely not in the mind. Withdraw is REAL symptoms that are hard to avoid completely. I can't stand when people will say it is ALL IN THE MIND. Yes, some may be just anxiety and worry about certain symptoms- which makes those symptoms worse. But, this was no fun and I am so glad my dose kicked in within 15 minutes!
    Ashley

rxqueen83 is offline Member

W/D is not all in the mind but rather being succesful in w/d has a lot to do with ones mental state. Said any other way usually comes from those who have no experience with w/d.

kellennn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by rxqueen83 View Post
    W/D is not all in the mind but rather being succesful in w/d has a lot to do with ones mental state. Said any other way usually comes from those who have no experience with w/d.
    This!! Oh God this!! So spot on.

"Withdrawals are not all in the mind, but rather being successful in withdrawals has a lot to do with ones mental state."

That sentence is what I've been trying to articulate in my thread for the longest time. Way to go. I'll be quoting that, if you don't mind.

I completely agree.
    Ashley

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyy View Post
    I skipped taking my dose yesterday... I had just forgotten to take it. This morning when I finally took my dose at 10:00am. It is good to know I can skip a day if needed though. Really good to know!

I tried to completely ignore any and all symptoms after I started getting them around 6:00am in my SLEEP, but the symptoms are definitely not in the mind. Withdraw is REAL symptoms that are hard to avoid completely. I can't stand when people will say it is ALL IN THE MIND. Yes, some may be just anxiety and worry about certain symptoms- which makes those symptoms worse. But, this was no fun and I am so glad my dose kicked in within 15 minutes!

Ashley .... not being judgmental but I don't think this is giving subs the right chance to be successful. One thing I always ask is to take your dose even if you don't feel you need it. It makes the process work. We shouldn't just "not take a dose" as this is a process, not an event. You do the process the rest of the way through this till you're clean, then if you still hurt as badly, after you're clean a couple weeks, make the right choice about what to do going forward. I would permit myself with a chance of having been clean first. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Robert thanks for your help, kind words, and strength.

This is day 4 on the same dose of 1.75. I haven't felt any withdraw, except the day I accidentally skipped a dose. Tomorrow I will go down to 1.50 for four days and see how it goes!
    Ashley