Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Suboxowned
  • 1 Post By Suboxowned
  • 1 Post By sjan17
  • 1 Post By DDAVE45
  • 1 Post By Suboxowned
SJAN and SUBOXOWNED: How are you making out??
    dsac6060 is offline Member

Default SJAN and SUBOXOWNED: How are you making out??

Hey,

Haven't heard from you both regarding your tapers. How are you both making out? Keep me in the loop here okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Im at .5mg day 5 dropping tomorrow. Hopefully all is well
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

Suboxowned is offline Member

Default dsac

I'm doing well. I'm still hanging out at 1mg until I'm healed up and can move around and get out of the house to exercise. I'm doing good. Getting good sleep. I stopped taking the L-Tyrosine but I have started taking 5-HTP. I'm not sure if 5-HTP helps with sleep but since I've started taking it, I have been sleeping really hard.
    How are you doing? I see you are at .5mg! That is awesome!!! Keep me updated how you are feeling so I know what I might be encountering. Have you been sleeping well? How low are you going to taper? Keep up the awesome work!!!

Aud
    dsac6060 likes this.

I think I might try reducing just to see if I can handle it. If it becomes too much for me I can always go back up. That way, I know what I can handle. It might not even bother me to drop 25% and not being very active. I definitely want to be able to jump on a bike or take off walking if I feel some anxiety coming on or to just "sweat it out".
    Hope all is well dsac....................

Aud
    dsac6060 likes this.

sjan17 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsac6060 View Post
    Hey,

Haven't heard from you both regarding your tapers. How are you both making out? Keep me in the loop here okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Im at .5mg day 5 dropping tomorrow. Hopefully all is well
    Hey Dsac,
    I'm hanging in there too. I had a busy weekend with kids visiting so haven't had time to post. Your last post though cracked me up...it was much needed. I'm feeling really down for some reason, but hopefully will snap out of it. Dealing with this neck/back pain. It comes and goes and feel like if I didn't have physical pain, I would be off of these subs. I'm at .75 now. I just started today though. I had too much activity over the weekend so I just didn't want to deal with it. I go to an osteopath on Wed. for my first appt with him so maybe he can figure out why my traps are so tight causing so much discomfort. I'm taking all the vitamins and aminos recommended on here and getting exercise. I'm sooooo tired of all this though.

You my man are doing fabulous! Be patient and keep tapering like Robert suggest and that's how DDave45 did it too. This is the key to minimal w/d's and since we have to work, be easy on yourself, even if it takes a bit longer. ? for you...when you take your dose of .5mg are you dying to take it? like are you pain at all? is your body like ready for it? When I wake up, it's not as bad, but I do feel like I need to take the subs before I start my day. I just wonder how you feel at this point? I'm not taking any benzos but I do take the .1mg of clondine at night and I feel like it does help me with w/d the next day. I think everyone is different though. I'm not sure on how long it stays in your body and all. I just notice a difference if I take it the night before. I don't take it during the day as it knocks me out and makes me sleepy. So proud of you Dsac!! Keep posting...I'm checking in on you daily. And you too Suboxoned!! I hope your foot is healing well. k, later guys.
    dsac6060 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Suboxowned View Post
    I think I might try reducing just to see if I can handle it. If it becomes too much for me I can always go back up. That way, I know what I can handle. It might not even bother me to drop 25% and not being very active. I definitely want to be able to jump on a bike or take off walking if I feel some anxiety coming on or to just "sweat it out".
    Hope all is well dsac....................

Aud
    Hey thanks for getting back to me! I am doing okay i guess. Today I am really feeling some anxiety this morning but I have not dosed yet because I have been trying to wait until I really need it. I think this might be working till my benefit. Yea I would stay at a level until you are a comfortable enough to move on. But remember obv there should be some uncomfortableness as you are going through a taper lol. I basically hate anxiety and can not handle it at all. I HATE IT. I get it, then I start thinking about it more then it just gets out of control because its in my head.

Yes sweating and exercising is good. Get your brain producing "happy" moods and get moving. Any exercise is good exercise when you are at 1mg and below I have read from PATTISHAN.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sjan17 View Post
    Hey Dsac,
    I'm hanging in there too. I had a busy weekend with kids visiting so haven't had time to post. Your last post though cracked me up...it was much needed. I'm feeling really down for some reason, but hopefully will snap out of it. Dealing with this neck/back pain. It comes and goes and feel like if I didn't have physical pain, I would be off of these subs. I'm at .75 now. I just started today though. I had too much activity over the weekend so I just didn't want to deal with it. I go to an osteopath on Wed. for my first appt with him so maybe he can figure out why my traps are so tight causing so much discomfort. I'm taking all the vitamins and aminos recommended on here and getting exercise. I'm sooooo tired of all this though.

You my man are doing fabulous! Be patient and keep tapering like Robert suggest and that's how DDave45 did it too. This is the key to minimal w/d's and since we have to work, be easy on yourself, even if it takes a bit longer. ? for you...when you take your dose of .5mg are you dying to take it? like are you pain at all? is your body like ready for it? When I wake up, it's not as bad, but I do feel like I need to take the subs before I start my day. I just wonder how you feel at this point? I'm not taking any benzos but I do take the .1mg of clondine at night and I feel like it does help me with w/d the next day. I think everyone is different though. I'm not sure on how long it stays in your body and all. I just notice a difference if I take it the night before. I don't take it during the day as it knocks me out and makes me sleepy. So proud of you Dsac!! Keep posting...I'm checking in on you daily. And you too Suboxoned!! I hope your foot is healing well. k, later guys.
    That sucks that you are dealing with pain. I have found that soaking in a bath of EPSOM SALT helps a lot. I hear ya, I am so tired of carrying around this orange thing with me and having to be dependent on it! I want to just be able to leave my house and not have to think about taking something at a given time.

Hmmmmmmm, usually when I wake up I am fine without the sub. But its now 9:45 and I am becoming extremely anxious sitting here and def having major anxiety, but coffee does not help!!!! I have been fighting off taking my sub until around 10 or 11 am . I used to have the same mentality of taking the sub to start my day or else i could not do any tasks. I feel some effects of pain right now as well like minor aches but I feel like the longer I hold off the more I'll get used to not having the drug in my system, aka half life. This is key I believe. When you get to lower doses, fight until you really need it so the half life decreases even more. Also, think of it as making it easier on yourself for when you have to start skipping days, you are getting your body used to not taking anything in the morning to start your day. Mentally you may think you need the sub but sometimes get moving and it helps. See how long you can make it, but dont torture yourself Yes, I tried the clonodine in the day and it made me really tired. So maybe I'll try taking the .1mg at night and see if it helps me the next day or at least for the first half of the day. I know one thing is that I can fall asleep but I wake up at least 2-3 times a night with crazy sugar cravings lol. Like ice cream or cookies and that is totally not me, im a fitness nut with a strict diet but gotta have some pleasures right lol.

Keep safe and keep chugging, you are doing well!!!

cOsMiCtRiGgEr is offline Member

Hey guys.. Just got my subs and induced yesterday. Feeling better than I've felt in a good long while tolday. Thanks for posting! It's really nice to see people tapering successfully and gives me great input as to what I can expect. I do have a question.. What vitamins etc. are you all taking. I noticed someone mentioned L-tyrosine. I'm not at all sure what that even is. I also am not taking any benzos. Would you recommend doing so? I don't react well to them. Believe it or not.. They give me so much energy and anxiety. Can't sleep if I take Xanax. This may be due to the fact that several years ago the only time I would take a benzo was when I was withdrawing. So possibly.. By way of classical conditioning.. I not get the conditioned response of that "withdrawy (???)" feeling.

Again.. Thanks for posting on here. So helpful to us folks coming up behind you!

cOsMiCtRiGgEr is offline Member

*NOW-- I NOW get the conditioned...

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by cOsMiCtRiGgEr View Post
    Hey guys.. Just got my subs and induced yesterday. Feeling better than I've felt in a good long while tolday. Thanks for posting! It's really nice to see people tapering successfully and gives me great input as to what I can expect. I do have a question.. What vitamins etc. are you all taking. I noticed someone mentioned L-tyrosine. I'm not at all sure what that even is. I also am not taking any benzos. Would you recommend doing so? I don't react well to them. Believe it or not.. They give me so much energy and anxiety. Can't sleep if I take Xanax. This may be due to the fact that several years ago the only time I would take a benzo was when I was withdrawing. So possibly.. By way of classical conditioning.. I not get the conditioned response of that "withdrawy (???)" feeling.

Again.. Thanks for posting on here. So helpful to us folks coming up behind you!
    Yes, the benefits of this forum are beyond words. When I first started, it helped and motivated me to read other ppls stories of tapering. It makes you 1) Realize that you are not the only one in this situation 2) It will be possible and 3) It gets easier!!!!! L-tyrosine gives you energy, to counteract the malaise from WD. Be careful bc it could give you jitters if take too many mgs of it. I take a Multivitamin gummy, Calcium D3, Fish Oil, Probiotic(to aid in digestion), GABA, L-Glutamine, Protein shakes, Amino Acid drink for exercise, and sometimes L-theanine for anxiety. This is my choice, no set list. Research "Thomas Recipe" or Amino Acid Protocol, thats where I got these ideas. It gives you a breakdown of how much to take and what its used to counteract! Also, immodium Ad as loperamide i believe, which is deals with some complicated medical terminology of binding with the receptors opiates would in the digestive tract.

Benzo's are addictive and could cause WD. However, they are recommended with the "Thomas Recipe" for WD symptoms but like other meds should be used WISELY! My friend is has legit anxiety issues takes xanax and he says the same, that they give him energy. Weird bc i wanna pass out lol That may be your brain relating to a time of WD and u taking benzos for it. Good thoughts, I like that comment. BC i feel like some stuff I do or think of makes me feel like Im WDing when Im not. My brain is just "relating" to it! and making a past connection AGAIN, this is all my experience and opinions, Someone like ROBERT is your best bet for advice, but he is very active on thsi forum helping ppl taper. Literally saving lives day by day!

DDAVE45 is offline Member

dsac6060..........if you tried being consistant with what time you take your dose, it would make tapering easier on you. Its hard to stabalize on a dose when you are taking it at different times everyday, especially when you start geting down low. Im not trying to tell you what to do , if doing it the way your doing now is working for you than by all means keep doing it. Best of luck to you ...Dave

besides the past 3 days i was taking it at 8 am and 4 pm........so it would make it easier? Maybe its causing my anxiety to be worse? Let me know DDAVE

yes ....from my experience i realized that if i was taking my dos at all different times...i couldnt get stable as fast as i would when i was taking it at one specific time everyday. I wasnt splitting my dose once i got down to .25 ....are you taking .5 twice a day or .25 twice a day?

.25 twice a day....total of .5 mg. Im taking at 8 am and 4 pm. Is this correct?

yea thats fine....but soon its gonna be time for you to dose once a day instead of splitting it. It just makes tapering easier.....its up to you though whatever you feel comfortable doing. You can either get down to at least .25 once a day....and skip days or you can taper down to 0. If it helps try reading my thread ....i explained how i did it. ill bump up my thread for you.
    Suboxowned likes this.

okay sounds good....honestly I feel fine but my body just feels depleted and hard to move. I am doing
    .5mg in TOTAL. What does that mean, that you'll bump it to me?

i just meant ill refresh it ....so when you click on new posts you will see ...ddaves sub thread

I read ALL of DDave's Sub thread...and have come to the conclusion that I might do the same. Taper long and slow. I know I'm going to face withdrawals, but I would love to avoid them as much as possible.
    Good job DDave!!!!!!!!
    DDAVE45 likes this.

Suboxowned Ill keep you updated as to my taper and how I am feeling. Its hard for me to post on all different threads because I lose track of which ones i comment in haha. So Im posting a new one with my taper thread when I drop a dose again. The taper will entail from my next dose to when i finish the taper. How are you making out? Still on 1mg?

Default Still at 1mg

Quote Originally Posted by dsac6060 View Post
    Suboxowned Ill keep you updated as to my taper and how I am feeling. Its hard for me to post on all different threads because I lose track of which ones i comment in haha. So Im posting a new one with my taper thread when I drop a dose again. The taper will entail from my next dose to when i finish the taper. How are you making out? Still on 1mg?
    Yeah, I'm still at 1mg. I'm feeling really good. I have energy, I'm sleeping good and most of all....no more constipation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now, I just wish I could walk on the treadmill. Couple of more weeks and I'll be there.
    Let me know how you feel after your next drop. Hang on...you're almost there!!
    Awesome!!

Aud

Nice, for some reason I am not stable at this level, it sucks. I feel almost as if I am torturing myself. Sitting at a desk all day, aching and anxiety. I never had any problems this ENTIRE taper until these last few days at .5mg. AHHHH lol. Ill keep fighting through it though

Kristin13 is offline Member

Sitting at a desk all day at work is torturing in itself......UGH!

sjan17 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin13 View Post
    Sitting at a desk all day at work is torturing in itself......UGH!
    Yeper....I ditto that! I too sit at a desk all day and I frickin hate it! I'm at .75mg a day. I take .5mg around 7:00 and .25 around 3:00. Sometimes, I cheat with a tiny sliver when I feel my neck/back pain getting too intense.

Dsac..I think it's that way for everybody, getting down to .5 mgs is an adjustment and I think takes a few days to stabilize so do not be hard on yourself. I'm struggling with .75 even. Anyway, I went to the oseopath today and I'm so done with docs! The only thing he said was to exercise 1 hr a day and not just on weekends, but every day as the endorphin production is what will help with the pain. Since I have some disc degeneration and mild stenosis, etc.... (just have neck/back issues) he said you have to combat that with your own endorphins. So, that and deep rippin massages are what I'm fixing to do. I gotta beat this with no opiates somehow! Hang in there everyone. Think of every day as another day of progress and just do the best you can and soon we will be where fedupnow and ddave45 and everyone else that's made it are at. I know we can all do it!!!

sjan..........hang in there.....you can do this. I know sometimes its hard and discouraging but just know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. No matter how hard it is ....you should try to get in an hour of exercise before you go to work, i really think it will help you more than you realize.