• 1 Post By BreezeBaby83
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By BreezeBaby83
Short term suboxone detox
    BreezeBaby83 is offline New Member

Default Short term suboxone detox

Hey everyone,

I've been reading threads on this board for QUITE some time now. I AM a Narcotic Addict, specifically around 20-25 PERC 10s A DAY for the past YEAR of my life. It has been utter hell for me needing 6-7 NARCOS JUST TO BE ABLE TO GET OUT OF BED. I went to a suboxone doctor, and he suggested to me; 90 meetings in 90 days, drug and alcohol therapy, and subs for 2 years of my life at a 32 mg does induction. AFTER READING ROBERTS posts, I realized that this doctor may be more of a whack job than I am for putting myself into this situation.

I am a SINGLE mother of two little girls, ages 3 and 2, with little to no child care. 90 meetings, unrealistic. 32 MGS for my situation, unrealistic. ANOTHER 2 YEARS OUT OF MY LIFE ADDICTED TO SOMETHING ELSE, unrealistic. And he wouldn't listen.

So, after about a month of searching high and low, I finally got my hands on some subs.

DAY 1: 4 MG in the Morning at 10 AM (I waited to be in good WDs) and 4 MG at 2 PM (I still wasn't feeling good at all)
    (TOTAL OF 8 MGS)
    DAY 2: 4 MG in the Morning, NOTHING at night (Total of 4 MGS)
    DAY 3: .5 MG in the morning THUS FAR

I am on Day 3, and I can't STRESS ENOUGH HOW GREAT I FEEL. I even woke up this morning contemplating taking that .5 MG, however in fairness I am still in Opiate withdrawal, and I need to give my body and my brain time to heal.

The hardest for me was NOT KNOWING how the sub would make me feel, and if I would feel able and well enough to take on the hardest job of my life as being the sole parent, provider and caregiver for my two small children. I have been through opiate withdrawal HELL before and feeling like I absolutely wanted to die. The RLS for me was always the worst, and LITERALLY made me feel like I wanted to jump through a glass window.

Other than hot and cold flashes that come and go, I have had ZERO uncomfortable withdrawal thus far. I have not decided how I plan to taper anymore, I just DO KNOW THAT I DO NOT WANT TO GET ADDICTED TO THE SUBS. I may take one or two or a few more days of .25 MGs and then jump off. MY MIND, BODY AND SOUL ARE READY FOR THIS. All I have to do is look at my children's smiles and realize the importance of my sobriety. It's funny at 3 and 2, they are little balls of energy which was something I USED TO HAVE without those devil that intoxicated my mind and body.

I'll try to post often and keep everyone updated about my sobriety, but I cant say thank you enough to this forum and the people that post their stories in it. For me, this plethora of strangers in this forum behind all of your computers have absolutely changed my life and given me the extra drive that I needed to know that I am not alone in this feat.
    John78 and amac68 like this.

John78 is offline New Member

Wow!!!,Good for you.I am in a similar situation as you but I am on day 26 with the subs.I also have 2 young kids and I am totally doing this for them.I am down to under 1mg but remember that with the subs the Half life is very long so be careful lowering the dose so fast.I started at 12 mg 26 days ago and I am now down to under 1mg and sometimes it takes a few days for your dosing changes to catch up to you.I really wanted to be off in 1 month but I think I might go over that by a few days.Oh well,the end result is really all that matters and that is freedom from these horrible pills.Good luck to you I hope we both come out on top!!
    BreezeBaby83 and amac68 like this.

we WILL come out on top John, our beautiful children count on us to be their sole mentors and survivors. We are the blood and sweat pumping through their veins. It's time (for me anyways) to start completely living up to that standard for them. I have been a good mother thus far, but I want to be the type of mother that my children refer to as "The best in the world" and really feel like I live up to that standard without hesitations.

I'm trying not to dip too fast, but I also want to take the lowest possible dose to be comfortable. I'm not scared of slight WD feelings, I counteract that with exercize and TONS of water to flush out my system. I'm scared to death of going into a SERIOUS WD.... I guess I'll wait and see how it goes!
    amac68 likes this.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BreezeBaby83 View Post
    we WILL come out on top John, our beautiful children count on us to be their sole mentors and survivors. We are the blood and sweat pumping through their veins. It's time (for me anyways) to start completely living up to that standard for them. I have been a good mother thus far, but I want to be the type of mother that my children refer to as "The best in the world" and really feel like I live up to that standard without hesitations.

I'm trying not to dip too fast, but I also want to take the lowest possible dose to be comfortable. I'm not scared of slight WD feelings, I counteract that with exercize and TONS of water to flush out my system. I'm scared to death of going into a SERIOUS WD.... I guess I'll wait and see how it goes!
    Breeze and John, we can't get clean for someone else,even our children. We have to do it for ourselves.
    Everything about sobriety/clean is paradoxial. I must be selfish, to do what is required putting sobriety/clean first above everything but my God, So that I may be selfless to give to those I love and those what I haven't been able to give before, By losing the battle I win the war, I quit fighting and accept this disease as a disease not a weakness of character, And I finally gain the power of choice, I don't have to use today I have a choice on how to live my life. Good Luck guys you can do thios Surfdog

Quote Originally Posted by surfdog View Post
    Breeze and John, we can't get clean for someone else,even our children. We have to do it for ourselves.
    Everything about sobriety/clean is paradoxial. I must be selfish, to do what is required putting sobriety/clean first above everything but my God, So that I may be selfless to give to those I love and those what I haven't been able to give before, By losing the battle I win the war, I quit fighting and accept this disease as a disease not a weakness of character, And I finally gain the power of choice, I don't have to use today I have a choice on how to live my life. Good Luck guys you can do thios Surfdog
    Although I agree with your statement, surfing, I never once stated in my above statement that I was doing this for my children, I simply stated that it's time to live up to their standards as a parent. You cannot question my reasons for getting clean, as in my first post, I clearly stated that now was MY time, no one else's but my own.

I'm glad you put your sobriety first, however, your God and my Higher Faith are also different. So, in actuality I guess what I am trying to say that I am so grateful to all of us for being different. No two diseases are the same, and no two treatments are the same, that is why some of us choose other paths than another. If we were all the same, life would be pretty bland, boring, and we wouldn't have anything to debate, am I right?

**UPDATE** today is officially day 4 of zero opiates and onto my suboxone treatment. I took .5 mgs this morning at 9 AM. I still feel fantastic. Occasional hot and cold flashes but nothing uncomfortable. I can't believe that this subxone is such a miracle drug, and I'm questioning why my doctor would EVER want me to induce at 32 MGs when I feel fine at .5??? I'm still debating what to do next, whether I stay at .5 and taper down every 4 days, or skip days. I'm a little confused as to where to go from here. I do not want to jump off and throw myself into withdrawals, I also do not want to get addicted to the subs after reading the horror stories of people who jump and the withdrawals are just as bad, if not worse than the opiates. I guess only time will tell. I'm going to listen to my body and let my intuition lead me into the right direction.

I do want to note, that I can't believe how good it feels to laugh again, and REALLY laugh. It's like my emotions are sparking again and it feels so good to be alive. I will NEVER allow myself to go down that road again of where I felt like I was hanging from a rope that was slowly unraveling only to fall 1000ft below.

***heres to a painless 4 days of being opiate free. I can only see up from here**
    thalia45 and amac68 like this.

John78 is offline New Member

Hello Breeze,That is so awesome you are still at the .5 level!Is this your 2nd day at .5? Most people on here will tell you to stay at a level for about 4 days to make sure you stabilize.You took a huge jump from 4mg to .5 but everyone is different.If you go 2 more days at .5 you should be good there or jump again another .25.Keep us posted.
    BreezeBaby83 likes this.

Yes today is my second day at .5. Just took a nap with my two wee ones and it felt so good to lay down and relax for once. It felt even better to wake up and NOT feel like utter poop. I feel safe and comfortable here at .5mgs. I think I may stay on this route for a couple more days and then try and jump off. I have more than enough to do that, and if worse come to worse and I am not ready, I can always take a sliver of .25 and do a few days more at that pace until I can make that jump. My mind tells me to RUSH but my body may tell me to slow down and take my time. I've always been a bit impulsive. . I guess time will tell, but all I know is that I am SO THANKFUL to see life as it is, and not hidden behind a bottle of pills. I'll take the good with the bad any day than feeling nothing more than flat line!!!!

SuzieOf is offline Member

Here is the link to how Robert advises people to taper on subs:

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

The subs are covering the withdrawals from the percs so stay at the smallest amount and after a week or so you should be passed it BUT don't jump without tapering 25% (.375) then if you are stable after 4 days taper to .25 and then do the skipping days as outlined in the above link. This way the long half life of the subs will have a chance to get out of your system. You are doing great!!

Just wanted to give everyone and update, that today is day 5, and I'm happy to announce that I've taken another .5 mgs this morning, and still feel wonderful. I did have some slight anxiety upon waking, which I think I can attribute to my large drop in dose so fast. Other than that, I am going strong. Susie, I'm a little confused, should I start skipping days from here, or drop first and then skip?

***i should note some personal background that I have been diagnosed with anxiety YEARS before I ever touched an opiate, was prescribed Xanax, which I HATED taking, and instead chose natural routes to calm my anxiety such as meditation, yoga, and reading. If I have bad anxiety attacks, I usually talk myself out of them, and use controlled breathing that i learned through child birth***. So I cannot attribute exactly if my anxiety this morning was due to the suboxone or my condition. My anxiety always came on at night and first thing in the morning upon waking. It was masked by a year of opiate abuse***

I know I may be talking to myself, but what does everyone feel about alcohol intake during this treatment? I've always enjoyed a glass of fine red wine; but am unsure if I should indulge.

Signed up for a YMCA membership today as they have free child care at certain times, and I plan to start working out again to increase the endorphin release to get this process moving more quickly.

Here is to 5 days or sobriety, what a wonderful feeling
    amac68 likes this.

So absolutely exhausted today from all the running around. I know that I will have no problem sleeping tonight (and looking forward to waking up to a beautiful morning of sobriety again). I purchased my favorite wine tonight, and am going to indulge in a glass with the beautiful prime rib dinner I am cooking for my little ladies. It is so nice to have this extra time (and money) to be able to enjoy life again. I also purchased several books today on eBay for my sleepless nights. I'm good if I get 5 hours, anything else is just an added bonus. I know, at some point, sleep will come back to me easily (no RLS syndrome, I've just always had night anxiety and my mind runs wild once the quiet hits), so for now I'll enjoy some blissful ingaginatory entertainment to pass the nights away.

I Love being sober and everything about sorting out my life from a different angle. I will never look back from here!!!!

Day 6!!!! Woke up this morning feeling absolutely fantastic, (with the exception of a still not so straight stomach). I can deal with that... And I can do this. I'm skipping my dose today to experiment and see how I feel. Today would be day 6 of opiate withdrawals for me, and I would be almost out of the woods. I know I've given my body ample time to have some residual build up of the subs in my system, and I should be okay today to make my way through life without anything. I'll keep everyone posted to see how this pans out.

Although I agree with your statement, surfing, I never once stated in my above statement that I was doing this for my children, I simply stated that it's time to live up to their standards as a parent. You cannot question my reasons for getting clean, as in my first post, I clearly stated that now was MY time, no one else's but my own.

I'm glad you put your sobriety first, however, your God and my Higher Faith are also different. So, in actuality I guess what I am trying to say that I am so grateful to all of us for being different. No two diseases are the same, and no two treatments are the same, that is why some of us choose other paths than another. If we were all the same, life would be pretty bland, boring, and we wouldn't have anything to debate, am I right?
    Breeze, was not questioning your motives nor what or how you believe. And far be it for me to tell anyone what to believe I do not do that never have never will. You are correct that we are all different. I was simply offering suggestions based upon my experience and that gained in working with thousands of addicts, of course it is your choice to how you do this. People are free to believe in whatever/whomever they choose as a Higher Power that one is not any of my buisness, probably a bad choice of words on my part, don't preach to anyone. However even though we are individuals, our circumstances and situations differ, this disease is the same and so is the symptomology. I wish you and John nothing but success Best wishes Surfdog

Anonymous Guest

So absolutely exhausted today from all the running around. I know that I will have no problem sleeping tonight (and looking forward to waking up to a beautiful morning of sobriety again). I purchased my favorite wine tonight, and am going to indulge in a glass with the beautiful prime rib dinner I am cooking for my little ladies. It is so nice to have this extra time (and money) to be able to enjoy life again. I also purchased several books today on eBay for my sleepless nights. I'm good if I get 5 hours, anything else is just an added bonus. I know, at some point, sleep will come back to me easily (no RLS syndrome, I've just always had night anxiety and my mind runs wild once the quiet hits), so for now I'll enjoy some blissful ingaginatory entertainment to pass the nights away.

I Love being sober and everything about sorting out my life from a different angle. I will never look back from here!!!!
    just remember that being on subs, IS NOT BEING SOBER... it is still a powerful opiate, and while its great to read your story, once you are off subs then you can count yourself as sober...
    also, surfdog was correct, you both mentioned doing this for your children..
    surfdog likes this.

Anonymous Guest

i also beleive surfdog was trying to help... what you are referring to by saying no two diseases are the same and no two treatments are the same. is what we call ''TERMINAL UNIQUENESS'' in other words, we think we are special and different, when in fact we are an addict plain and simple, same as all those other addicts..
    its that kind of thinking gets us in trouble....
    be careful on the wine as well.... that is also not being sober....

but definately you are not sober till you are OFF THE SUBS.... for more than a day or two...
    surfdog likes this.

Happy to announce today is officially a week, two days without subs. According to my charts I should have minimal if any subs left in my system. I still feel absolutely FANTASTIC. I have been one week from the pain pills at this point too. The best feeling... Reading these responses and capturing everyone's point of view. Yes we are all addicts, I agree with that and I, myself admit to that. However, if each and every disease in every person were identical, then we would all have been on my doctors 2 year, 32 mg induction sub therapy which is suited for a "one size fits all" type of society, and this is not the case. Addiction and the disease of addiction are complex and although similar in all types of people, affect us differently socially, emotionally, financially, psychologically, physically, etc etc.

Again, referencing my children and how important it is for ME to live upto their standards is not doing this for anyone but myself. I guess interperatation of ones views is also subjective, while tying to simply objectify a statement.

I love a great debate, and actually, this is therapeutic for me in my sobriety. I commend everyone for agreeing and disagreeing with me, as well as sharing their own point of views. I'm simply sharing my story in my path to recovery and sobriety to help no one but myself. This is a great outlet for me to be able to do that.

Here's to a week of zero pain pills, two days sub free, and there is only uphill from here!!!!

Happy to announce today is officially a week, two days without subs. According to my charts I should have minimal if any subs left in my system. I still feel absolutely FANTASTIC. I have been one week from the pain pills at this point too. The best feeling... Reading these responses and capturing everyone's point of view. Yes we are all addicts, I agree with that and I, myself admit to that. However, if each and every disease in every person were identical, then we would all have been on my doctors 2 year, 32 mg induction sub therapy which is suited for a "one size fits all" type of society, and this is not the case. Addiction and the disease of addiction are complex and although similar in all types of people, affect us differently socially, emotionally, financially, psychologically, physically, etc etc.

Again, referencing my children and how important it is for ME to live upto their standards is not doing this for anyone but myself. I guess interperatation of ones views is also subjective, while tying to simply objectify a statement.

I love a great debate, and actually, this is therapeutic for me in my sobriety. I commend everyone for agreeing and disagreeing with me, as well as sharing their own point of views. I'm simply sharing my story in my path to recovery and sobriety to help no one but myself. This is a great outlet for me to be able to do that.

Here's to a week of zero pain pills, two days sub free, and there is only uphill from here!!!!
    Breeze Actually most docs do induct subs at 24-32 mg seems to be the standard dosage which is way too much IMO. Circumstances and situations vary per individual, symptoms do not. All diseases have 4 basic sub classes of symptoms, physical, psychological, emotional and behavioral and most also include spiritual.
    Addiction meets the requirements of a disease in that it follows a predictable and progressive course, has a defined and recognizable set of symptoms, and can be fatal. The oddity with this one is that it progresses whether we are using or not. The physical symptoms,using then detoxing are actually the easiest to treat.
    It is the other symptoms when stressors occur is where most get in trouble and the thinking that after a period of time they are "cured". As Robert so adeptly puts it once a pickle one cannot go back to being a cucumber. Once that line between abuse and addiction is crossed there is no going back to social or recreational use.
    I agree Cheeky on the wine, be careful, alcohol is in the same class as opiate, CNS depressant, sedative hympnocic (sp) one liquid, one solid. These are facts not opinion but your decision to make good luck Surfdog
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-15-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Anonymous Guest

breeze. funny how yesterday you said you are going to skip your dose and see how you feel. and today you say its two weeks off subs...

just not sure here whats going on,...?

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    breeze. funny how yesterday you said you are going to skip your dose and see how you feel. and today you say its two weeks off subs...

just not sure here whats going on,...?
    ok. re read... 2 days off subs... good on ya.. keep it up

Hello everyone, I've been in the hospital with a dear friend of mine for the past two days who needed emergency surgery. Happy to announce, I'm still sub free!!!!! So now I believe I'm officially at day 4 of no subs. I still feel absolutely great with the minor exhaustion from sleeping straight up in a chair for two nights. My mind and attention being directed elsewhere has really been beneficially in my sobriety. I'm still unsure if I'm going to have any WDs, but have literally had nothing thus far.

Cheers to sobriety! I can't stop from looking up from here!!!

I also wanted to drop a quick note and just express my sadness. My best friend lost her father last night to a heart attack. 60 years old, absolutely healthy, walked at least a mile a day. Makes me really appreciate the days that I have. Here I was intoxicating my body for almost a year on and off, and someone so healthy dies so young. Life is short. Bottom line, and this makes me realize that the road I was going down was such a definite death sentence, with all unctantities in between.

Happy to be sober and to be able to feel pain and remorse again. What a wonderful feeling to cry and be alive!

I havent posted in quite some time. Been so busy getting back into the life that once was mine years ago. I am happy to report that I am completely, opiate, suboxone, alcohol, drug, anything free. I even quit smoking cigarettes! Just one day looked at that cigarette and said, "yuck, I don't want my girls to ever think that this is okay. I want more for my girls".

I have reunited with old friends, laughed, cried, gone through all of the motions and emotions of everyday life and in doing this, I finally realize I'm free. I'm free from such a terrible prison that my addiction had be in, and I do not EVER want to go back.

My father in law died, passed away from cancer just a week ago. In cleaning out his house, I found an entire bottle full of oxy 30s. It felt sooooo good to boil that pot of water, and dump every single pill into that pot. Watching the pills hit that hot water, and the water suddenly start to foam and steam as that evil poison dissipated into the pot was such a high for me. To have zero temptation, and to get a "high" off of seeing those little devils burn was such an uplifting feeling for me.

Life is good, enjoy it. Its so wonderful to have beaten my demon, and I know that if my story touches just one person who is fighting their own demons and gives them hope that there IS light at the end of the tunnel, then that makes me feel wonderful.

Thank you to everyone on this board who has shared their own deep, dark secrets and their struggles to face their biggest critic.... Themselves.
    Strong Desire likes this.