Seeking an answer from Robert_325 on recent Suboxone Induction
    Anonymous Guest

Exclamation Seeking an answer from Robert_325 on recent Suboxone Induction

Hi, I just read Robert_325 posts. Specifically I read the suboxone induction and taper recommendations. I was induced to subs three days ago a 24. Yesterday I took 20. Today I took 20. PLEASE HELP. After reading your stuff, it looks as though I probably should have done your induction schedule and been very low. Since I have only been on three days, is there any way I can reduce a lot tomorrow, over the next three days, ?? Or, must I now follow the taper you have outlined???????

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digger03 View Post
    Hi, I just read Robert_325 posts. Specifically I read the suboxone induction and taper recommendations. I was induced to subs three days ago a 24. Yesterday I took 20. Today I took 20. PLEASE HELP. After reading your stuff, it looks as though I probably should have done your induction schedule and been very low. Since I have only been on three days, is there any way I can reduce a lot tomorrow, over the next three days, ?? Or, must I now follow the taper you have outlined???????
    Hi Digger,

Welcome to the forum! Please be very patient as Robert is one EXTREMELY busy guy. He helps so many people here. And you are correct that your doctor has you on ENTIRELY too much sub! As you will discover by reading around the forum that most sub doctors are clueless when it comes to this medication. You need to be at the lowest effective dose to induct.

I am new here, only a few days. Robert inducted me at only 1.7mg TOTAL DAILY DOSE! I take .85mg in the morning, and another .85mg in the afternoon. I am doing just great! You can read my thread in the "need to talk section" that is titled: "Tired of the Games...May Try Suboxone...Need Help Please!". You may get some very good information right there!

So sit tight and I'm sure Robert will see your post. You came to the right place! Nice to chat with you and I will be checking on you again. Welcome again.

Hugs,
    Karen
    Last edited by Strong Desire; 06-14-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Anonymous Guest

Karen,

Yes, I really wish I had found this site before I went on the subs. I almost didn't go on them three days ago because I was already starting to feel better in my w/d from opiates ... having been off of the opana, soma, percs, ambien for about 30 hours at induction. Prior to that I had been on those for about five years. I am hoping Robert can give me information about dropping to a lower dose of subs quicker since I have only been on them for three days. It will take so much longer to get off if I have to follow his entire tapper plan from the amount I am on now. Arg., I hate that docs don't know about pain mgmt. and now apparently don't know about suboxone either. Thank you for your info.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-14-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Karen,

Yes, I really wish I had found this site before I went on the subs. I almost didn't go on them three days ago because I was already starting to feel better in my w/d from opiates ... having been off of the opana, soma, percs, ambien for about 30 hours at induction. Prior to that I had been on those for about five years. I am hoping Robert can give me information about dropping to a lower dose of subs quicker since I have only been on them for three days. It will take so much longer to get off if I have to follow his entire tapper plan from the amount I am on now. Arg., I hate that docs don't know about pain mgmt. and now apparently don't know about suboxone either. Thank you for your info.
    Robert's plan will have you off the subs in about 60 days or so. At least for me it will and I abused drugs for about 7 years. So I don't believe that 60 days is too much to ask to get myself clean and back to being the kind of girl I used to be! This isn't a race you know. You only need to finish!

I'm not sure if he will have you reduce immediately, or maybe just stop altogether and then he can induct you at the lowest effective dose. Whatever you do, please do EVERYTHING this man says to do and don't question it one bit! He has helped probably thousands of people here and off this forum get free from this ????! He will do the same for you! So please be as patient as you can and read around the forum until he gets to you.

Great job by the way of reading his induction and taper plan in advance so you have an idea of what will happen! Talk to you soon my friend! Blessings to you.

Hugs,
    Karen
    Last edited by Strong Desire; 06-14-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Anonymous Guest

I just used Robert's tapering calculation to see where I would be if I started it now, after only three days on suboxone.

Day 1: 24
    Day 2: 20
    Day 3: 20 begin tapper at 25 % after four days on each dose
    Day 56: .5 (I would be at .5 on day 56). From what I have now read it sounds like that is where I should have started.

Can anyone more familiar with Robert's advice guide me in how to start tomorrow? I am wondering:
    1. Will I need to follow that taper advice as outlined?
    2. Could I either start at lower dose ... say 8 or 4 and go from there since I have only been on three days?
    3. Or would it be better to jump off and re-induce at low dose after a few days?

Any guidance would be usefull.

Thank you

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Hi Digger ..... At three days on 24mg we need to get you tapered down quickly. You won't have any trouble at first making larger reductions as your dose is so ridiculous! You will do fine, just go with what I'm saying. Tomorrow take 20mg again, then drop to 16mg for a couple days. That's as far ahead as I want to go at this point until I see how you do. But when you taper from really high doses we can usually go pretty fast and at least get you down to about 8mg, then start tapering 25% about every four days. I promise if you'll do as I say you'll be okay. I get people on here daily that have ignorant drs who over prescribe the subs. Just bear with me, listen to what I'm saying, and we'll have you on track in a short time. Talk with me tomorrow and let me know how you're feeling mid day. Talk then. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

Robert,

Thank you for answering ... I feared you went to bed. Please get some sleep, go for a swim, take care of yourself. I will do what you say. I currently take these in one dose a.m. If you think that should change with the dose guide you gave me, please tell me.

God bless to you too.

Robert,

Thank you for answering ... I feared you went to bed. Please get some sleep, go for a swim, take care of yourself. I will do what you say. I currently take these in one dose a.m. If you think that should change with the dose guide you gave me, please tell me.

God bless to you too.

I don't want you taking 20mg at once. Split it up into two doses, once when you get up, once about 5:00 or so in the afternoon. I normally don't care if someone prefers to dose once daily but no one needs that kind of a dose all at once. I am shocked it hasn't made you sick, at least very high at a minimum. So split the dose up and let's get you straightened out asap! Glad you posted back to me. That is the kind of stuff I need to know. Thanks. God bless.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-15-2012 at 12:33 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I don't want you taking 20mg at once! My goodness, that is outrageous! That dr told you to take all three 8mg subs at once? What an idiot!

Split it up into two doses, once when you get up, once about 5:00 or so in the afternoon. I normally don't care if someone prefers to dose once daily but no one needs that kind of a dose all at once. I am shocked it hasn't made you sick, at least very high at a minimum. So split the dose up and let's get you straightened out asap! Glad you posted back to me. That is the kind of stuff I need to know. Thanks. God bless.
    Lol ur so right!!! My dr said I could take all 32 mg at once n that's what I did for two weeks before dropping to 24 but still...these numnuts need to go back to school...or read this site n see what's been working for so many. Good luck on the tapers, there's a great support on here for us sub users n we get tons of guidance, tough love, n kind words just when we need em. Try the need to talk section. Good luck w ur tapers, wish u the best!!!

Anonymous Guest

I checked the instructions and they were for the entire dose in the a.m. at the same time. Yes, they were getting me sick. The doc told me that would fade but was correct. It felt much better to take 8mg this a.m. It is still making me sick though (It made me light headed and where I couldn't keep food down). It is a bit better now though. I will keep splitting this dose and get back to you with further instructions in 2-3 days. I am guessing I do that by replying to this thread. It is going to be really hard to see this doc, pay this doc, pay her counselors and see her counselors on a weekly basis until I can get off of this nasty stuff. Thank you Robert for helping me!

Anonymous Guest

The docs advice for ceasing these if I did not like them was to just stop. If I had not found this site and just not taken anymore, what would my w/d's have been at 24, 20, 20, off... I am really happy I found this site.

The docs advice for ceasing these if I did not like them was to just stop. If I had not found this site and just not taken anymore, what would my w/d's have been at 24, 20, 20, off... I am really happy I found this site.
    Hi Digger,

I am certainly not the expert here and just beginning the sub experience myself, but from what I have read around this forum for a long time is that if you had just "jumped" from that high of a sub dose you may have ended up in the ER, or the psych ward! It could actually been lethal as I have heard others say. Again I am NOT any kind of sub guru, only relaying what I read here. Glad you came here when you did. Please wait for Robert and he will get you straight. Best of luck to you!

Hugs,
    Karen

I checked the instructions and they were for the entire dose in the a.m. at the same time. Yes, they were getting me sick. The doc told me that would fade but was correct. It felt much better to take 8mg this a.m. It is still making me sick though (It made me light headed and where I couldn't keep food down). It is a bit better now though. I will keep splitting this dose and get back to you with further instructions in 2-3 days. I am guessing I do that by replying to this thread. It is going to be really hard to see this doc, pay this doc, pay her counselors and see her counselors on a weekly basis until I can get off of this nasty stuff. Thank you Robert for helping me!

I wouldn't waste my money on them if it was me. That is just me. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

I do not have any other way of getting the medication so that I can follow Robert's taper plan. Unless there is some way I do not know.

Again, Robert thank you for helping me. I will be following your instructions! Thank God I found you.

Anonymous Guest

Robert, I want to follow what you tell me to the letter. I took an 8 tablet this a.m. because i need to cut them so that i can take the correct dose as you tell me to do so. I will cut today and take 12 tonight to total the twenty I should have for today. The next couple of days will be easy because you told me to go to 16. I can do 8 am and 8 pm. When my dose changes, I will cut the tablets again. Here is my question, should I be asking this doctor for film instead? I suspect that will be easier to dose into taper doses. I guess I would tell the doc it is so it is easier for me to take. I also want to check with you about taking ambien for sleep. i was told this was okay. Is it? Will it affect my taper schedule?

Anonymous Guest

Robert, last question ... I will just listen after this one. I get sick when I take my sub (it still happened this morning on the 8 dose). I throw up, get light headed, and generally feel ugly. Will this go away soon? Is there anything you can recommend here?

rxqueen83 is offline Member

Hi Digger,
    Your likely feeling ILL because your dose is too high. Maybe he will suggest a faster taper, but I'll let him answer you. Just some suggestions here:

Lie down, no talking, let the sub dissolve FULLY under your tongue and don't move for atleast a half hour. Stay still and take some deep breaths.

Are you eating correctly, at all?

Are you drinking enough fluids?

Can you take some Tums, OTC Acid Reducer, Mylanta before your dose? I would suggest taking some Mylanta or chewing some Tums about an hour or two before you take the Sub. See if that helps. But most likely, it's cause your dose is just too high right now but that's in the process of being fixed.

YES IT WILL GET BETTER, HANG IN THERE MY FRIEND!!!!

Digger .... the stuff is making you sick, the dose is so high. Cut it back to 12mg daily NOW! I would rather that you feel a w/d symptom than be sick from too much sub. Dose appropriately tonight to keep it at 12mg for the day. Let's see how tomorrow goes. Nothing I would like better than to see you get this down to under 10mg ASAP!!!! I'm about to leave for the evening. Will talk with you in the morning and I feel this adjustment will help. Stupid drs make our lives difficult sometimes, then we have to straighten out their messes. Take care, get some rest. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 06-15-2012 at 03:35 PM.