Scared to death
    Bumbie is offline New Member

Default Scared to death

I have been reading your threads and am now scared to death. I had been on 30 mg.of methadone three times a day and every 4 hrs as n needed. I took anywhere from 40-120mgs day for the last 4yrs. I should have known as a nurse that I was in trouble when I walked out of the pharmacy with 3 LG pill bottles at s time. This was for fibromyalgia and chronic spinal pain. Have had surgery on cervical and lumbar spine. I am a staff nurse on a busy ontology unit where we do 12 hrs shifts. I took 2 weeks off to sta rtf this. I am now 14 days methadone free. The addiction med doc put me on subutex three times a day. He said next. I will go on suboxon..My question is if coming off the suboxon is so hard why put us on it? Second should I stay out of work little longer ?Is this going to get worse? They also suggested narcotics anonymous is this really necessary? Aim angry and confused. I took my meds as told. Never asked for more, onever ran out. When I asked about going off the methadone my Doc seemed agitated that I questioned him. One month later I'm branded an opiate addict and here I am. Sorry this is so long . But I am very confusef.

NoFear23 is offline Junior Member

first thing calm down. never over stress things. you just make the situation worse then what it is. realize the problem your dealt and figure out a way to deal with it. unneeded stress will not help. your taking subutex 3 times a day and then switching to suboxone? first let me explain to you that suboxone and subutex are the same thing. the one difference in suboxone is that it contains a drug called naloxene which does nothing to alleviate the withdrawals all it really does is stop you from shooting up your drug of choice but since you dont have a drug of choice that is irrelevant. what im trying to say is him saying hes switching you from subutex to suboxone is just pointless... post up how much mgs your taking of the subs and then i can help your further. dont panic. this is not a permanent situation. if you listen to my advice and others on here we can get you off the subs as soon as possible. what youll do is once i find out the mgs your at youll start a taper in where as youll gradually reduce your mgs of subs every 4-5 days by 25%. you will do that until you get to the point where your at .50 mgs or less most ppl prefer .25mgs and then you will jump from there. realize your still going to withdraw. you were on methadone for a good amount of time and its sad that they still prescribe methadone for pain but it is what it is. if you follow the plan you will withdraw but it will be nowhere near the withdrawals you will get from just coming off methadone. they will be manageable. ill be on the computer for another hour or 2. post back what mgs your at and then i can help you more from there.

I'm on 8 mg of subutex 3 times a day. I see the addiction med Doc on the 29 th.Thank Lou

Iambetternow is offline New Member

Please help! I just took an at home 7 panel drug screen and tested positive for oxycontin after being on suboxone for 4 months. I talked to the company that was about to take my dot drug screen and they said that I will get the same results. I am on ten milligrams and I only have twenty one days to take this test. Any advice would be very helpful. I think that it takes an average of 7 days to test negative.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Suboxone alleviates wd from opiates but is an opiate, and a strong one 1/2 life can be up to 72 hrs. Just because you took it as Rx doesn't mean there is not a physical addiction and tolerance developed Na can provide invaluable support and guidance. Especially when drug free and craving starts, to remain drug free. Keep posting there are those on here that will walk you through this you can do it Dog

Anonymous Guest

i think you will find that is as helluva high dose mate. i came off of methadone and only inducted at 12mg. you need to get that low. you can taper at 25% of your dose at any one time with no problems. trust me i got off methadone. so i know its possible. just know that doctors give FAR TOO MUCH SUBS...

its a ridiculous high dose and im surprised you can function, or sleep. i was wired on 12mg.... i will post a link for you on how to taper.

back in a minute
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-19-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Anonymous Guest

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...tml#post220161

you are a nurse. read this carefully and beleive it.... you should cut that dose by one of those 8mg immediately. you only need subs ONCE or at the most TWICE a day. its half life is longer than methadone, so no need to be dosing all day.

please trust what i say. you need to get off that high dose as fast as you can before you get far too addicted...

read the link.

take care

They told me it would make me sleepy. Wired puts it mild to how I feel. My eyes feel like they are popping out of my head. .I'm functioning otherwise. Am supposed to go back to work next week..Thanks for your help.I will try to decrease tomorrow. My pain is through the roof.Its gonna be a rough nite.

Anonymous Guest

look i switched from methadone to 12mg, and took two days off work. man i needed it. but im so glad i never ended up on a higher dose. i know how 12 felt. omg. too high. and i was pretty hard core with my drug abuse.

yeh dont try and reduce. make a plan. and do it. you will not notice the difference i promise you. you could drop 8mg daily and NOT NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE.

subs are wierd. you need a minimal amount to get by on...

listen to Cheeky she knows what she is doing ,she will have you off the subs with little to no discomfort Dog

I know that my situation is not as bad as bumbie. I am just feeling so scared right now. My drug abuse has lost me my job and almost my wife. I now am going to have to get off these subs before I can start working for this new company. I took 6 milligrams this morning and I dont fee that bad. I have 6 days to get off this stuff and I have 7 subs left. If anyone could given me some advice I would greatly appreciate it. I called my doctor and he is on vacation. He told me this was not an emergency and that he would get back to me on friday. When my wife watches me shake she has to leave the room because it reminds her of all the withdrawals she had to nurse me thru.

Iam, how r u doing today, hang tough you can do this Dog

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    i think you will find that is as helluva high dose mate. i came off of methadone and only inducted at 12mg. you need to get that low. you can taper at 25% of your dose at any one time with no problems. trust me i got off methadone. so i know its possible. just know that doctors give FAR TOO MUCH SUBS...

its a ridiculous high dose and im surprised you can function, or sleep. i was wired on 12mg.... i will post a link for you on how to taper.

back in a minute
    that post was for bumbie. hope you have managed to reduce your dose some....

.. iam.... 6 days is not enough to get off subs. specially if you are on 6mg right now... read the link i put up for bumbie, it spells it all out in black and white.

Ok, so I found out that it is legal to use soboxone while I am driving but that its going to be up to the company that I am about to work for if they would except the subs and let me start. If the company does not except, then I will have 11 days to get off this stuff so I can pass my drug test. Is 11 days enough time?

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Iambetternow View Post
    Ok, so I found out that it is legal to use soboxone while I am driving but that its going to be up to the company that I am about to work for if they would except the subs and let me start. If the company does not except, then I will have 11 days to get off this stuff so I can pass my drug test. Is 11 days enough time?
    no it is not enough time. i said that in my post above. at 6mg even if you go cold turkey (which is not advisable off that dose at all) right now, its still gonna show up in a UA.... so no you wont pass a drug test in 11 days. it is not enough time....

you need a plan b.